Forced underage marriage in continue in Gaza

You just titled it all as an hoax while in fact I just pointed out the reasons why this is not, debates over?

What reasons?

None of those links confirm mass child weddings.

Can you confirm from credible sources that these are mass weddings of little children whereas the articles on mass weddings in Gaza at the time show that it is not the children that are the brides? Even you link that was nothing more than a photo album showed a few of the adult women.

If there were mass weddings of little children don't you think the media - especially the western media would report it as such? There is not a single credible journalist claiming it's child brides.
Forced Underage Marriages Continue in Gaza - Al-Monitor the Pulse of the Middle East
Wiki "In the Gaza Strip, the Egyptian-issued Law of Family Rights set puberty as the minimum age of marriage with no marriage allowed for a female aged under 9 or a male aged under 12. The Palestinian Qadi al-Quda issued an administrative decision in 1995 raising these ages to a minimum of 15 for the female and 16 for the male,[8] as in the Jordanian law. All ages are calculated according to the lunar calendar. Marriage registration is mandatory but failure to register does not invalidate the marriage."

You just titled it all as an hoax while in fact I just pointed out the reasons why this is not, debates over?

What reasons?

Can you confirm from credible sources that these are mass weddings of little children whereas the articles on mass weddings in Gaza at the time show that it is not the children that are the brides? Even you link that was nothing more than a photo album showed a few of the adult women.

If there were mass weddings of little children don't you think the media - especially the western media would report it as such? There is not a single credible journalist claiming it's child brides.
Forced Underage Marriages Continue in Gaza - Al-Monitor the Pulse of the Middle East
Wiki "In the Gaza Strip, the Egyptian-issued Law of Family Rights set puberty as the minimum age of marriage with no marriage allowed for a female aged under 9 or a male aged under 12. The Palestinian Qadi al-Quda issued an administrative decision in 1995 raising these ages to a minimum of 15 for the female and 16 for the male,[8] as in the Jordanian law. All ages are calculated according to the lunar calendar. Marriage registration is mandatory but failure to register does not invalidate the marriage."

As I said earlier in this thread - underage marriages are a still problem in Gaza and that part of the world. That's NOT the argument and no one is denying that this occurs.

What IS a hoax is that Hamas is supposedly orchestrating huge mass weddings for it's fighters and little girls - and that is what I'm asking evidence for.

What reasons?

As I said earlier in this thread - underage marriages are a still problem in Gaza and that part of the world. That's NOT the argument and no one is denying that this occurs.

What IS a hoax is that Hamas is supposedly orchestrating huge mass weddings for it's fighters and little girls - and that is what I'm asking evidence for.
This is all in the album on the first link of the thread, when in the rest of the thread I've posted few links indicating this is all thanks to funding of some guy from Qatar, all you have to do is view the three sources - Al-Monitor's article, Wiki, Album and SHAZAM~

What reasons?

This is all in the album on the first link of the thread, when in the rest of the thread I've posted few links indicating this is all thanks to funding of some guy from Qatar, all you have to do is view the three sources - Al-Monitor's article, Wiki, Album and SHAZAM~

This isn't making sense - you don't have "logic" on your side. You can't and haven't provided a single reputable source showing it's a pedophile wedding

The person in Qatar is funding weddings - yes. But the brides aren't underage girls

Look at your first link: Mass Wedding Ceremony in Gaza City NurPhoto Agency
It's pictures of a mass wedding, yes, that occurred in 2015.
Here is an article about it - nowhere does it mention child brides, and seriously - a mass wedding of CHILDREN would be mentioned: Feature Mass weddings brighten gloomy Gazans - China.org.cn

Here are some mass wedding examples which show pictures of the brides in addition to the little flower girls:
From 2010: Mass wedding organized by Hamas in Gaza - UPI.com
2014: Wedding in UNRWA school for Palestinians displaced in Rafah Demotix.com

Another article, 2010 about the mass weddings, descrediting attempts to portray them as pedophilia: Gazan weddings not about pedophilia Toronto Star

The question here is what is the real motivation behind disseminating the false allegations on pedophile mass marriages of Hamas?

What reasons?

This isn't making sense - you don't have "logic" on your side. You can't and haven't provided a single reputable source showing it's a pedophile wedding

The person in Qatar is funding weddings - yes. But the brides aren't underage girls

Here is an article about it - nowhere does it mention child brides, and seriously - a mass wedding of CHILDREN would be mentioned: Feature Mass weddings brighten gloomy Gazans - China.org.cn

Here are some mass wedding examples which show pictures of the brides in addition to the little flower girls:

Another article, 2010 about the mass weddings, descrediting attempts to portray them as pedophilia: Gazan weddings not about pedophilia Toronto Star

The question here is what is the real motivation behind disseminating the false allegations on pedophile mass marriages of Hamas?

What reasons?

I've provided pictures showing clearly underage girls in a wedding ceremony where THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE.
You choose deliberately to ignore that and yes logic is on my side, you are the one all about plain read-and-believe otherwise you can't make the logical process of concluding on your own, my real motivation is to understand why this picture:
24509_345x230.jpg

-Is not considered a child abusing - and I never mentioned 'pedophilia', you did.
So you're saying two things, lets get this all straight and before you continue with another question targeting my logic, I would kindly appreciate you to relate to that one, otherwise there is no point continuing this debate.
1.(Hanafi Sunni) Muslims never mix between male and female during a wedding (which I know is not true but just for the record)
2.The restriction for marriage is 9 years old and above in Gaza.
- Having these two is all good, how do you explain the picture?

I've provided pictures showing clearly underage girls in a wedding ceremony where THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE.
You choose deliberately to ignore that and yes logic is on my side, you are the one all about plain read-and-believe otherwise you can't make the logical process of concluding on your own, my real motivation is to understand why this picture:
24509_345x230.jpg

Did you read NONE of what I posted?

Those underage girls are NOT the brides. Article after article indicates that. Yes they are in a wedding ceremony but NOT as brides. Talk about deliberately ignoring.

All you are showing are some selected pictures of a ceremony and claiming that is "proof" of a mass pedo wedding.

-Is not considered a child abusing - and I never mentioned 'pedophilia', you did.

You've shown me pictures of littles girls, family members, at a wedding. You originally stated they were the brides. IF they were the brides then YES it IS pedophilia and it was certainly what you were claiming.

From your OP: Hamas continue the mass marriage of 9 years old girls,

The 9 yr old girls were not the brides.

So you're saying two things, lets get this all straight and before you continue with another question targeting my logic, I would kindly appreciate you to relate to that one, otherwise there is no point continuing this debate.
1.(Hanafi Sunni) Muslims never mix between male and female during a wedding (which I know is not true but just for the record)
2.The restriction for marriage is 9 years old and above in Gaza.
- Having these two is all good, how do you explain the picture?

#1 - I don't understand the point you are making with that?
#2 The restriction for marriage is not 9, according to the law: Palestine Report - The problems of early marriage in Palestine

In the West Bank, the Jordanian example is followed, whereby the minimum age of marriage for girls is 15 and boys 16, while in Gaza, Egyptian law is followed, and the ages are 16 and 17 for girls and boys respectively.

That doesn't mean the law is not always followed, but it isn't set at 9.

Look at these pictures - where you can actually see the brides and the little girls who's role is more like that of flower girl in Christian weddings.

Hamas Mass wedding ceremony for 240 couples in Rafah in Gaza Strip Demotix.com

1281092923-hamas-mass-wedding-ceremony-for-240-couples-in-rafah-in-gaza-strip_403763.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back