Ford nixes Mexico factory plans, expanding in Michigan instead

Where can we read about GM having paid the loans back?

Are you saying you are too stupid to use the internet?
I did your homework for you since you were too dishonest to admit you don't know what you're talking about. Part of using the internet is not making statements you can't support. Makes you look stupid.

No, your figures are based on the sale of stock shares not the loan.
You said the loan was payed back. And they are not "my figures". We lost money.

We lost money on the stock... which is a fucking fluid market, which is shown by Trump's fucking tweets. You are helpless.
You said the loans were paid back, you lying asshole! We lost money, asshole! We didn't need to, asshole!

I'm pretty sure the only car company that didn't pay back all the money they owed was Chrysler.

U.S. government says it lost $11.2 billion on GM bailout
The U.S. government lost $11.2 billion on its bailout of General Motors Co (GM.N), more than the $10.3 billion the Treasury Department estimated when it sold its remaining GM shares in December, according to a government report released on Wednesday.

You understand the difference between the loan and the stock shares?
Do you understand it didn't get payed back? Jesus you are one dishonest guy.

You don't understand the difference between the loan given to GM through their bankruptcy bail out and the stock shares. I can't make you understand shit. I said they paid back the loan.

Paid back with TARP money...not their own money

Did General Motors Really Repay Its Taxpayer Bailout?
That's even worse. What a shell game these dishonest leftists play. They spend our money and act like they did us a favor.

Are you saying you are too stupid to use the internet?
I did your homework for you since you were too dishonest to admit you don't know what you're talking about. Part of using the internet is not making statements you can't support. Makes you look stupid.

We lost money on the stock... which is a fucking fluid market, which is shown by Trump's fucking tweets. You are helpless.
You said the loans were paid back, you lying asshole! We lost money, asshole! We didn't need to, asshole!

We lost money on the stock, the loans were paid back. I thought I had you on ignore, I must have forgotten it or something. You are useless, and your bragging about shit like working with law enforcement agencies about hiring and stuff is off the charts full of shit. You'd be lucky to be able to pick out what traffic cones they use.

We lost money on the stock, the loans were paid back. I thought I had you on ignore, I must have forgotten it or something. You are useless, and your bragging about shit like working with LOE agencies about hiring and stuff is off the charts full of shit. You'd be lucky to be able to pick out what traffic cones they use.

This fool puts anyone proving his BS wrong on ignore.....waste of time

:eusa_dance:Remember the pen is mightier than the sword. Obama taught us that.
People use 'tariff' here with no idea what it really means. Those of us do anticipate the reactions of the naive flakes when they find out.
So desperate to find fault in Trump's approach yet coming up empty handed so resort to the next best thing, insults.
Truth is not insulting, only a recognition of reality. Do you really think a GOP Congress is going to pass tariffs? Really?

We lost money on the stock, the loans were paid back. I thought I had you on ignore, I must have forgotten it or something. You are useless, and your bragging about shit like working with law enforcement agencies about hiring and stuff is off the charts full of shit. You'd be lucky to be able to pick out what traffic cones they use.
I never said I worked for LE. I said I was a member of a LE forum. I never bragged about it, I said your comments did not line up with what I've seen so questioned your claim that you were a correctional officer.

The loans were not paid back, the stocks were part of it, that's why it was called Government Motors, we lost money. You can't back up your nonsense. You're an idiot.

Did I leave anything out?

I know, I know - Barry will tell us that Trump didn't build that

nothing to see here folks, just getting tired of all the winning over here

you can get back to your regular programming of Russians and bitching now

e5084240.gif

Ford canceling plans for $1.6 billion plant in Mexico, investing $700 million in Michigan expansion instead

Trump gets the credit?

Trump gets credit for advancing the Bernie Sanders' agenda?

As a Bernie supporter, I'm happy to add that to my consolation prizes.

That's good, because loser ribbons are all you have.

He does have all those participation trophies?

People use 'tariff' here with no idea what it really means. Those of us who do anticipate the reactions of the naive flakes when they find out.
Snowflake jake Trump is winning, Obama only wishes he could do what Trump has before he is even president.

And the stock was part of the loan terms, dear, in which we lost out. You can't separate the two.
And-
Dear Secretary Geithner:

General Motors (GM) yesterday announced that it repaid its TARP loans. I am concerned, however, that this announcement is not what it seems. In fact, it appears to be nothing more than an elaborate TARP money shuffle.

On Tuesday of this week, Mr. Neil Barofsky, the Special Inspector General for TARP, testified before the Senate Finance Committee. During his testimony Mr. Barofsky addressed GM’s recent debt repayment activity, and stated that the funds GM is using to repay its TARP debt are not coming from GM earnings. Instead, GM seems to be using TARP funds from an escrow account at Treasury to make the debt repayments. The most recent quarterly report from the Office of the Special Inspector General for TARP says “The source of funds for these quarterly [debt] payments will be other TARP funds currently held in an escrow account.” See, Office of the Special Inspector General for TARP, Quarterly Report to Congress dated April 20, 2010, page 115.

Furthermore, Exhibit 99.1 of the Form 8K filed by GM with the SEC on November 16, 2009, seems to confirm that the source of funds for GM’s debt repayments was a multi-billion dollar escrow account at Treasury—not from earnings. In the 8K filing GM acknowledged:
  • Of the $42.6 billion in cash and marketable securities available to GM as of September, 30, 2009, $17.4 billion came from an escrow account with Treasury,
  • $6.7 billion of the escrow account available to GM was allocable to the repayment of loans to Treasury,
  • $5.6 billion in cash would remain in the Treasury escrow account following the repayment by GM of their loans, and
  • Upon repaying Treasury, any balance of escrow funds would be released to GM.
Therefore, it is unclear how GM and the Administration could have accurately announced yesterday that GM repaid its TARP loans in any meaningful way. In reality, it looks like GM merely used one source of TARP funds to repay another. The taxpayers are still on the hook, and whether TARP funds are ultimately recovered depends entirely on the government’s ability to sell GM stock in the future. Treasury has merely exchanged a legal right to repayment for an uncertain hope of sharing in the future growth of GM. A debt-for-equity swap is not a repayment.

I am also troubled by the timing of this latest maneuver. According to Mr. Barofsky, Treasury had supervisory authority over GM’s use of these TARP escrow funds. Since GM’s exit from bankruptcy court, Treasury had approved the use of the escrow funds for costs such as GM’s obligations to its parts supplier Delphi. See, Office of the Special Inspector General for TARP, Additional Insight on Use of Troubled Asset Relief Program Fund (SIGTARP-10-004), dated December 10, 2009, at page 6. According to the GM 8K, GM had planned to use the TARP funds in escrow to pay back the TARP loans on a quarterly basis beginning in the fourth quarter of 2009. But following the April 20, 2010, hearing of the Senate Finance Committee, where Treasury’s decision to exempt GM from the bank TARP excise tax was questioned and GM’s refusal to testify was noted, it is odd that GM suddenly drew down on the TARP escrow and accelerated the repayment of the remaining balance of GM’s outstanding TARP loans.

The bottom line seems to be that the TARP loans were “repaid” with other TARP funds in a Treasury escrow account. The TARP loans were not repaid from money GM is earning selling cars, as GM and the Administration have claimed in their speeches, press releases and television commercials. When these criticisms were put to GM’s Vice Chairman Stephen Girsky in a television interview yesterday, he admitted that the criticisms were valid:

Question: Are you just paying the government back with government money?

Mr. Girsky: Well listen, that is in effect true, but a year ago nobody thought we’d be able to pay this back.

Mr. Girsky then said that GM originally planned to pay the loan over the next five years. So the question is why—other than a desire to justify excluding GM from the administration’s TARP tax proposal—would Treasury and GM reduce GM’s TARP debt with TARP equity and then mischaracterize it as a repayment from earnings? Accordingly, please explain:
  1. Your department’s justification for allowing GM to use funds from the TARP escrow account to repay TARP loans,
  2. The amount of funds remaining in the TARP escrow account at Treasury that may be released to GM, and
  3. The date that you anticipate that the remaining funds in escrow will be released to GM.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please provide the requested information by April 30, 2010. Should you have any questions regarding the contents of this letter please do not hesitate to contact Jason Foster at (202) 224-4515. All formal correspondence should be sent electronically in PDF format to [email protected] or via facsimile to (202) 228-2131.

Sincerely,
Charles E. Grassley
Ranking Member

I never said I worked for LE. I said I was a member of a LE forum. I never bragged about it, I said your comments did not line up with what I've seen so questioned your claim that you were a correctional officer.

The loans were not paid back, the stocks were part of it, that's why it was called Government Motors, we lost money. You can't back up your nonsense. You're an idiot.

Bullshit, you said you worked with LE hiring people. You are a fucking liar. You never said a damn thing about a forum. Now everyone sees you for the fraud you are.

Bullshit, you said you worked with LE hiring people. You are a fucking liar. You never said a damn thing about a forum. Now everyone sees you for the fraud you are.

Settle down, you're melting too quickly.

I know, I know - Barry will tell us that Trump didn't build that

nothing to see here folks, just getting tired of all the winning over here

you can get back to your regular programming of Russians and bitching now

e5084240.gif

Ford canceling plans for $1.6 billion plant in Mexico, investing $700 million in Michigan expansion instead

Trump gets the credit?

Trump gets credit for advancing the Bernie Sanders' agenda?

As a Bernie supporter, I'm happy to add that to my consolation prizes.

That's good, because loser ribbons are all you have.

He does have all those participation trophies?

He did pawn a few to have a high end weekend at the bus stop.

People use 'tariff' here with no idea what it really means. Those of us do anticipate the reactions of the naive flakes when they find out.
So desperate to find fault in Trump's approach yet coming up empty handed so resort to the next best thing, insults.

Or the truth. That the economy is getting better, people are buying trucks again and Ford’s F150 is beginning to fly off the shelf. I know a guy who just spent 56K on one of them.

Thank you Mr. President.

Ford's CEO credited president elect Trump and the GOP for the decision, Obama embarrassed again OH SNAP!

Find the post you lying asshole. I said no such thing. Ever. Anywhere. You stupid bastard.

Or the truth. That the economy is getting better, people are buying trucks again and Ford’s F150 is beginning to fly off the shelf. I know a guy who just spent 56K on one of them.

Thank you Mr. President.
Ford trucks have always sold well you dolt. Lol

Better these days—thanks to Mr. Obama’s stewardship of the Economy.

Remember a few days ago…

The Left:

A vast majority of responses I see on this site don't involve political positions or dispositions. On the contrary they are often void of such arguments and consist largely of "you're a racist" "they're racist" "you're a bigot" "they're a bigot" "alt-right" "Islamophobia" "fake news" etc....
The right:
Link based arguments on the merits of a political position or political idea.

Amazing.

Ford blamed Obama for the decision to go to Mexico and credited Trump for the decision to scrap the Mexico plant and invest in Michigan, suck it!

For all you lying dishonest liberals, Ford CEO Mark Fields credited Trump and the GOP policies for their decision to scrap the plant in Mexico and instead invest in Michigan.

Read it an weep libs you lose again, Trump wins...
"CEO Mark Fields, speaking at an event at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant, said the policies that Trump “and the new Congress have indicated they will pursue” were vital to the company’s decision. We believe these tax and regulatory reforms are necessary to boost U.S. competitiveness,” Fields said."

Find the post you lying asshole. I said no such thing. Ever. Anywhere. You stupid bastard.

Yes you did, and you know it. You said you worked with people in LE regarding hiring and you said that most of them said a degree is useless that it is more important to have military experience. You NEVER said you were just a member of a forum. You acted like you were some fucking employment consultant. Man you are a little sleaze bag.

Forum List

Back