Ford nixes Mexico factory plans, expanding in Michigan instead

Look what Trump has accomplished in only a few weeks before even taking office, so what the hell has Obama been doing for the last 8 freaking years????

For all you lying dishonest liberals, Ford CEO Mark Fields credited Trump and the GOP policies for their decision to scrap the plant in Mexico and instead invest in Michigan.

Read it an weep libs you lose again, Trump wins...
"CEO Mark Fields, speaking at an event at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant, said the policies that Trump “and the new Congress have indicated they will pursue” were vital to the company’s decision. We believe these tax and regulatory reforms are necessary to boost U.S. competitiveness,” Fields said."
Americans 1; 'Stains 0

weasel, you need to read the full article, but this is a start, "The U.S. government lost $11.2 billion on its bailout of General Motors Co (GM.N), more than the $10.3 billion the Treasury Department estimated when it sold its remaining GM shares in December, according to a government report released on Wednesday.

The $11.2 billion loss includes a write-off in March of the government's remaining $826 million investment in "old" GM, the quarterly report by a Treasury watchdog said.

The U.S. government spent about $50 billion to bail out GM. As a result of the company's 2009 bankruptcy, the government's investment was converted to a 61 percent equity stake in the Detroit-based automaker, plus preferred shares and a loan.

Treasury whittled down its GM stake through a series of stock sales starting in November 2010, with the remaining shares sold on December 9, 2013.

At the time of the December sale, Treasury put the total loss at $10.3 billion but said it did not expect any significant proceeds from its remaining $826 million investment in "old" GM, the report by the Office of the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program said."

Not a bad deal for GM, its workers, and the US government.

Look what Trump has accomplished in only a few weeks before even taking office, so what the hell has Obama been doing for the last 8 freaking years????
He has accomplished very little, other than a lot of lying and finally becoming aware the great majority of Americans don't trust him.

He has accomplished very little, other than a lot of lying and finally becoming aware the great majority of Americans don't trust him.

You are a liar, the question is why are you lying? I think we all know.

You are a liar, the question is why are you lying? I think we all know.
He's a paid dnc troll bot. In other words, a worthless sub human trashcan.

I know, I know - Barry will tell us that Trump didn't build that

nothing to see here folks, just getting tired of all the winning over here

you can get back to your regular programming of Russians and bitching now

e5084240.gif

Ford canceling plans for $1.6 billion plant in Mexico, investing $700 million in Michigan expansion instead

I hereby declare the giant orange clown the GREATEST PRESIDENT EVER!

People use 'tariff' here with no idea what it really means. Those of us who do anticipate the reactions of the naive flakes when they find out.

Boy there was actually a time when you Democrats actually fought for American Workers. Things sure have changed. You guys are losing American Workers in droves. And that's very bad. They're the backbone of your Party. You can't afford to lose any. Screeching Communist/Progressive extremists won't be enough. I think you guys are in much bigger trouble than you think.

Once again, from the Congressional Research Service, before the final stock sell off, May of 2013-

To date, the U.S. government has realized an $8.4 billion loss of on its investment in General Motors. Future sale of the remaining GM shares could result in gains that would offset this loss. For the U.S. government to fully recoup the nominal value of its $50.2 billion assistance, however, the price of the government’s remaining shares would need to approach the $80 per share mark, between two and three times the price that has been received by the U.S. government in past sales. The strength of New GM’s stock price, and the related recoupment of government assistance to the company, have hinged on two major factors: the success of GM’s restructuring and the performance of the global economy, including retail auto sales. New GM’s finances have strengthened since its emergence from bankruptcy.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41978.pdf

They then sold the remaining stock at a further loss-
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew announced the final stock sale late Monday afternoon, saying that Treasury ultimately recouped $39 billion through the sale of shares, dividends and loan repayments since 2009. But the government pumped $49.5 billion into GM to help it get through a bankruptcy reorganization.
Treasury closes the book on GM bailout with final stock sale

I did your homework for you since you were too dishonest to admit you don't know what you're talking about. Part of using the internet is not making statements you can't support. Makes you look stupid.

No, your figures are based on the sale of stock shares not the loan.
You said the loan was payed back. And they are not "my figures". We lost money.

We lost money on the stock... which is a fucking fluid market, which is shown by Trump's fucking tweets. You are helpless.
You said the loans were paid back, you lying asshole! We lost money, asshole! We didn't need to, asshole!

We lost money on the stock, the loans were paid back. I thought I had you on ignore, I must have forgotten it or something. You are useless, and your bragging about shit like working with law enforcement agencies about hiring and stuff is off the charts full of shit. You'd be lucky to be able to pick out what traffic cones they use.

The Alt Right are going to freek out when they realize that (1) there will be no tariff and (2) there will be no tax penalty on offshore companies doing business here.

Once again, from the Congressional Research Service, before the final stock sell off, May of 2013-

To date, the U.S. government has realized an $8.4 billion loss of on its investment in General Motors. Future sale of the remaining GM shares could result in gains that would offset this loss. For the U.S. government to fully recoup the nominal value of its $50.2 billion assistance, however, the price of the government’s remaining shares would need to approach the $80 per share mark, between two and three times the price that has been received by the U.S. government in past sales. The strength of New GM’s stock price, and the related recoupment of government assistance to the company, have hinged on two major factors: the success of GM’s restructuring and the performance of the global economy, including retail auto sales. New GM’s finances have strengthened since its emergence from bankruptcy.

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew announced the final stock sale late Monday afternoon, saying that Treasury ultimately recouped $39 billion through the sale of shares, dividends and loan repayments since 2009. But the government pumped $49.5 billion into GM to help it get through a bankruptcy reorganization.

No, your figures are based on the sale of stock shares not the loan.

We lost money on the stock... which is a fucking fluid market, which is shown by Trump's fucking tweets. You are helpless.
You said the loans were paid back, you lying asshole! We lost money, asshole! We didn't need to, asshole!

We lost money on the stock, the loans were paid back. I thought I had you on ignore, I must have forgotten it or something. You are useless, and your bragging about shit like working with law enforcement agencies about hiring and stuff is off the charts full of shit. You'd be lucky to be able to pick out what traffic cones they use.

Corporate Welfare. It has to end.

The Alt Right are going to freek out when they realize that (1) there will be no tariff and (2) there will be no tax penalty on offshore companies doing business here.

Yeah, but you also promised Hitlery would win in a Landslide. Your predictions are shite son.

Trump team floats a 10% tariff on imports - CNNPolitics.com

A senior Trump transition official said Thursday the team is mulling up to a 10% tariff aimed at spurring US manufacturing, which could be implemented via executive action or as part of a sweeping tax reform package they would push through Congress.

A senior Trump transition official said Thursday the team is mulling up to a 10% tariff aimed at spurring US manufacturing, which could be implemented via executive action or as part of a sweeping tax reform package they would push through Congress.

Great post - caused Jakey to smash his keyboards

Ford credits Trump and GOP policies for scrapping the Mexico plant and instead investing $700 million in Michigan jobs for the middle class. President elect Trump tells Obama I told you so, Obama cries like a bitch.

Corporate Welfare. It has to end.

The government made BILLIONS of dollars off of TARP.

U.S. ends TARP with $15.3 billion profit

Trump promised a 35% while campaigning.

Trump marching into the White House with a stack of wins already chocked up. Middle class workers in Michigan cheer Trump after convincing Ford to scrap the plant in Mexico, and instead invest $700 million in Michigan providing much needed middle class jobs. Trump is becoming a hero and already making Obama look like a rank amateur.

For all you lying dishonest liberals, Ford CEO Mark Fields credited Trump and the GOP policies for their decision to scrap the plant in Mexico and instead invest in Michigan.

Read it an weep libs you lose again, Trump wins...
"CEO Mark Fields, speaking at an event at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant, said the policies that Trump “and the new Congress have indicated they will pursue” were vital to the company’s decision. We believe these tax and regulatory reforms are necessary to boost U.S. competitiveness,” Fields said."
Oh yeah? What does the CEO of Ford know? We have liberals here that know better.

Forum List

Back