Ford nixes Mexico factory plans, expanding in Michigan instead

Once again, from the Congressional Research Service, before the final stock sell off, May of 2013-

To date, the U.S. government has realized an $8.4 billion loss of on its investment in General Motors. Future sale of the remaining GM shares could result in gains that would offset this loss. For the U.S. government to fully recoup the nominal value of its $50.2 billion assistance, however, the price of the government’s remaining shares would need to approach the $80 per share mark, between two and three times the price that has been received by the U.S. government in past sales. The strength of New GM’s stock price, and the related recoupment of government assistance to the company, have hinged on two major factors: the success of GM’s restructuring and the performance of the global economy, including retail auto sales. New GM’s finances have strengthened since its emergence from bankruptcy.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41978.pdf

They then sold the remaining stock at a further loss-
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew announced the final stock sale late Monday afternoon, saying that Treasury ultimately recouped $39 billion through the sale of shares, dividends and loan repayments since 2009. But the government pumped $49.5 billion into GM to help it get through a bankruptcy reorganization.
Treasury closes the book on GM bailout with final stock sale

We lost money on the stock... which is a fucking fluid market, which is shown by Trump's fucking tweets. You are helpless.
You said the loans were paid back, you lying asshole! We lost money, asshole! We didn't need to, asshole!

We lost money on the stock, the loans were paid back. I thought I had you on ignore, I must have forgotten it or something. You are useless, and your bragging about shit like working with law enforcement agencies about hiring and stuff is off the charts full of shit. You'd be lucky to be able to pick out what traffic cones they use.

Corporate Welfare. It has to end.

The government made BILLIONS of dollars off of TARP.

U.S. ends TARP with $15.3 billion profit
The banks payed back TARP. GM, not so much.

For all you lying dishonest liberals, Ford CEO Mark Fields credited Trump and the GOP policies for their decision to scrap the plant in Mexico and instead invest in Michigan.

Read it an weep libs you lose again, Trump wins...
"CEO Mark Fields, speaking at an event at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant, said the policies that Trump “and the new Congress have indicated they will pursue” were vital to the company’s decision. We believe these tax and regulatory reforms are necessary to boost U.S. competitiveness,” Fields said."
Oh yeah? What does the CEO of Ford know? We have liberals here that know better.

This Trump win is in their face, the liberals are shitting their pants.

You said the loans were paid back, you lying asshole! We lost money, asshole! We didn't need to, asshole!

We lost money on the stock, the loans were paid back. I thought I had you on ignore, I must have forgotten it or something. You are useless, and your bragging about shit like working with law enforcement agencies about hiring and stuff is off the charts full of shit. You'd be lucky to be able to pick out what traffic cones they use.
I never said I worked for LE. I said I was a member of a LE forum. I never bragged about it, I said your comments did not line up with what I've seen so questioned your claim that you were a correctional officer.

The loans were not paid back, the stocks were part of it, that's why it was called Government Motors, we lost money. You can't back up your nonsense. You're an idiot.

Did I leave anything out?

Bullshit, you said you worked with LE hiring people. You are a fucking liar. You never said a damn thing about a forum. Now everyone sees you for the fraud you are.
Find the post you lying asshole. I said no such thing. Ever. Anywhere. You stupid bastard.

Yes you did, and you know it. You said you worked with people in LE regarding hiring and you said that most of them said a degree is useless that it is more important to have military experience. You NEVER said you were just a member of a forum. You acted like you were some fucking employment consultant. Man you are a little sleaze bag.
You're insane. I said go find a post where I said anything of the kind. I challenged you and you're still here slinging shit instead of backing it up.

What I said, since you brought up your pursuit of a CJ degree is that it isn't helpful in LE (since you mentioned corrections) according to them. It comes up often when people join to ask what degrees to get. Remember that? You've smoked too much dope.

Your memory is whacked. And pot smoking is usually a DQ unless it's been a while. ACCORDING TO THEM.

Trump is going after the Democrat's base. At this rate millions of working class Democrats will jump ship and climb aboard the Trump jobs train. If Dem's thought 2016 was bad 2018 and 2020 are already looking grim for them.

For all you lying dishonest liberals, Ford CEO Mark Fields credited Trump and the GOP policies for their decision to scrap the plant in Mexico and instead invest in Michigan.

"CEO Mark Fields, speaking at an event at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant, said the policies that Trump “and the new Congress have indicated they will pursue” were vital to the company’s decision. We believe these tax and regulatory reforms are necessary to boost U.S. competitiveness,” Fields said."
Oh yeah? What does the CEO of Ford know? We have liberals here that know better.

No question they are paranoid the economy will take off. They can kiss their asses goodbye.

No question they are paranoid the economy will take off. They can kiss their asses goodbye.

The contrast of Trump vs Obama will be huge. Very quickly the people are going to start wondering if Obama had been just sitting in the White House with his thumb up his ass vs how quickly Trump is getting stuff done.

The Alt Right are going to freek out when they realize that (1) there will be no tariff and (2) there will be no tax penalty on offshore companies doing business here.

Yeah, but you also promised Hitlery would win in a Landslide. Your predictions are shite son.
You were wrong in 2008 and 2012, and the GOP Congress ain't no friends of hurting business. They want to stay in Congress.

I never said I worked for LE. I said I was a member of a LE forum. I never bragged about it, I said your comments did not line up with what I've seen so questioned your claim that you were a correctional officer.

The loans were not paid back, the stocks were part of it, that's why it was called Government Motors, we lost money. You can't back up your nonsense. You're an idiot.

Bullshit, you said you worked with LE hiring people. You are a fucking liar. You never said a damn thing about a forum. Now everyone sees you for the fraud you are.
Find the post you lying asshole. I said no such thing. Ever. Anywhere. You stupid bastard.

Yes you did, and you know it. You said you worked with people in LE regarding hiring and you said that most of them said a degree is useless that it is more important to have military experience. You NEVER said you were just a member of a forum. You acted like you were some fucking employment consultant. Man you are a little sleaze bag.
You're insane. I said go find a post where I said anything of the kind. I challenged you and you're still here slinging shit instead of backing it up.

What I said, since you brought up your pursuit of a CJ degree is that it isn't helpful in LE (since you mentioned corrections) according to them. It comes up often when people join to ask what degrees to get. Remember that? You've smoked too much dope.

Your memory is whacked. And pot smoking is usually a DQ unless it's been a while. ACCORDING TO THEM.

Wrong, you know what you said, and it never involved saying it was a forum. You are full of shit. I'm not going to spend hours looking for those posts and where they are, I KNOW what you said and so do others on here that paid attention. You made it sound like you were some kind of HR person or a recruiter. Yet now you say it was just from being on an internet forum... you are a pathetic piece of garbage. I posted a picture of my SRT team that a friend posted from back in the day in the forum members gallery. When I post personal shit about myself on here, I don't lie, unlike you.

I know, I know - Barry will tell us that Trump didn't build that

nothing to see here folks, just getting tired of all the winning over here

you can get back to your regular programming of Russians and bitching now

e5084240.gif

Ford canceling plans for $1.6 billion plant in Mexico, investing $700 million in Michigan expansion instead

Trump gets the credit?

Trump gets credit for advancing the Bernie Sanders' agenda?

As a Bernie supporter, I'm happy to add that to my consolation prizes.

I guess you didn't read the article. Ford reaction was to Trump's pro-growth policies. Sander policies are incapable of anything.

"QUOTE" Ford Chairman Bill Ford Jr. said he spoke with President-elect Trump on Tuesday morning to tell him of the decision to invest in the U.S. and cancel the Mexico plant, according to Reuters.

"We're also encouraged by the pro-growth policies that President-elect Trump and the new Congress have indicated that they will pursue," Ford President and CEO Mark Fields said in a statement. "END QUOTE"

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Wrong, you know what you said, and it never involved saying it was a forum. You are full of shit. I'm not going to spend hours looking for those posts and where they are, I KNOW what you said and so do others on here that paid attention. You made it sound like you were some kind of HR person or a recruiter. Yet now you say it was just from being on an internet forum... you are a pathetic piece of garbage. I posted a picture of my SRT team that a friend posted from back in the day in the forum members gallery. When I post personal shit about myself on here, I don't lie, unlike you.

So you admit that you lie here but that it's not personal shit about yourself?

You freeks don't get it. The economy is not set at all to "take off" for the manufacturing classes. The Dems will work day and night to convince them that Trump fucked them without kissing them. There will be no tariff and there will be no business penalties. Congress won't permit it.

Edit: Lewdog is beating Pupps like a bad puppy. What a liar.

Last edited:
Michigan sure could use this increased investing. Maybe it'll help fix the Democrat third world mess in Detroit. I hope so. Anyway, kudos to Ford and Trump.

Like I said, your noggin is fried. And it's payed attention. Not paid attention. I work here for free.

I have no reason to lie about that or anything else. I made it clear that it was the unanimous opinion that a CJ degree was useless for a LE job. It is apparently not valued. A stint in the Marine Corp will blow away any CJ degree.

It took me 2 seconds to find the posts, learn to use the search function, it doesn't take hours.

Ivanka shoes

Michigan sure could use this increased investing. Maybe it'll help fix the Democrat third world mess in Detroit. I hope so. Anyway, kudos to Ford and Trump.

Are you referring to the 'third world mess' caused by Nixon allowing Japan to product dump?

Again, what about the Ford Focus?

When do we find out that this new announcement was previously planed such as the SUV/truck plant?

Are you referring to the 'third world mess' caused by Nixon allowing Japan to product dump?

When do we find out that this new announcement was previously planed such as the SUV/truck plant?

Oh well, hatas gon hate.

Oh well, hatas gon hate.
What about a Bowler hat?

Oh well, hatas gon hate.

Facts overwhelm you?

Forum List

Back