Foreign aid to Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala being cut by our great President.

Trump is cutting foreign aid to three shithole countries that are flooding us with migrants. MAGA!

"While the president has threatened these cuts before, this time the administration is actually following through.

Trump said the funds totaled $500 million, but it wasn’t clear Friday if that figure was accurate. The State Department announced in December that the U.S. would mobilize $5.8 billion in public and private american investment to these three countries.

“We’re not paying them anymore because they haven’t done a thing for us,” he added."

Trump cuts all direct assistance to Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala
Well, that oughta fix things. Make those countries even poorer; that'll keep all those pesky people from leaving home and coming here.
You realize they were leaving even when we were lining the pockets of their elite; right? Riiiight?
I'm confused. In December, we were going to seriously increase aid to help stem this flow of people. Remember this?
U.S. pledges billions in aid to develop Central America, curb migration | Reuters
Has Trump changed his mind or is there some difference between the two events?
The Caravans have changed everything....its an invasion....
I don't think this will be helpful in the long run. I could be wrong.
Can't hurt either

The US is already invested in these countries. There has been additional funding going to them. Why it is necessary to pay them to take care of their own people is insane.

Trump is cutting foreign aid to three shithole countries that are flooding us with migrants. MAGA!

"While the president has threatened these cuts before, this time the administration is actually following through.

Trump said the funds totaled $500 million, but it wasn’t clear Friday if that figure was accurate. The State Department announced in December that the U.S. would mobilize $5.8 billion in public and private american investment to these three countries.

“We’re not paying them anymore because they haven’t done a thing for us,” he added."

Well, that oughta fix things. Make those countries even poorer; that'll keep all those pesky people from leaving home and coming here.

You think they should be rewarded for sending invasion forces against America.

But then, you're not American and you seek the destruction of MY nation.

We need to transport all caravans to Canada. Let you deal with them.

You realize they were leaving even when we were lining the pockets of their elite; right? Riiiight?

Yeah, but without US Aid how will Honduras pay for the buses to get them to the American border? :dunno:

No, it's like saying taxpayers are supporting an organization to help get homeless people off the streets. When there is no positive results, we quit funding that organization because they are not living up to their end of the agreement.

When these foreigners get here and start working, they send our US dollars back to those countries. You mean to tell me those governments are doing everything they can to stop that US cashflow? I don't think so.

Yeah, when the media is there, they like to put on a show. But the hoards of people break through their makeshift barriers and they just say "Gosh darn it, we tried, oh well!"

Hit em in the pocketbook I always say. Let the government stop the next group planning on heading this way. It sure as hell beats us doing it.
How much immigrant cash going overseas is a problem? Do you mind the wealthy squirreling their money away in off shore accounts?

And why is immigrant cash going overseas "our US dollars" and not the earnings of immigrants?

Because it is our US dollars. It's money Americans should have in our country to circulate. They came here, took jobs Americans should have had, and sent the money they earned back to their country. It's been going on for some time now. But that's not why I made the point.

The point I made is that their governments wink-wink and nod-nod, but in realty are doing very little to stop their people from invading our country. Why? Because it benefits them when they do come here. So if Trump stops sending them money, it will encourage them to do much more to stop this flow of illegals.
They aren’t encouraging their people to leave. The people are leaving because their living conditions suck. If they had peace and security and opportunity they very well might stay.

Their domestic politics makes peace, security and opportunity impossible.

And Trump’s solution makes things worse!

There’s a crisis alright. And it begins on the 1600 block of Pennsylvania Avenue in D.C.

There are a lot of countries like that. Should we let all their citizens come here? We didn't build this place as a refugee for people who didn't do things the right way. If anything, they should study our history and emulate us instead of taking advantage of us. And if they don't want to do that, then why in hell are we sending them our money?
Immigrants built this place.

Studying history is a bit of advise you should heed.
Legal immigrants yes

It
It doesn't. It makes the governments want to do more to get that money back. Let them discourage their own people anyway they can. When they are successful, Trump will reinstate our support for them.
It's like saying 'You're poor, disabled and homeless. We're stopping money from getting into your hands. Once you're rich, we'll give you something me cash.'

No, it's like saying taxpayers are supporting an organization to help get homeless people off the streets. When there is no positive results, we quit funding that organization because they are not living up to their end of the agreement.

When these foreigners get here and start working, they send our US dollars back to those countries. You mean to tell me those governments are doing everything they can to stop that US cashflow? I don't think so.

Yeah, when the media is there, they like to put on a show. But the hoards of people break through their makeshift barriers and they just say "Gosh darn it, we tried, oh well!"

Hit em in the pocketbook I always say. Let the government stop the next group planning on heading this way. It sure as hell beats us doing it.
How much immigrant cash going overseas is a problem? Do you mind the wealthy squirreling their money away in off shore accounts?

And why is immigrant cash going overseas "our US dollars" and not the earnings of immigrants?

Because it is our US dollars. It's money Americans should have in our country to circulate. They came here, took jobs Americans should have had, and sent the money they earned back to their country. It's been going on for some time now. But that's not why I made the point.

The point I made is that their governments wink-wink and nod-nod, but in realty are doing very little to stop their people from invading our country. Why? Because it benefits them when they do come here. So if Trump stops sending them money, it will encourage them to do much more to stop this flow of illegals.
They aren’t encouraging their people to leave. The people are leaving because their living conditions suck. If they had peace and security and opportunity they very well might stay.

There’s a crisis alright. And it begins on the 1600 block of Pennsylvania Avenue in D.C.
His solution does not make it worse

The money was hot helping or achieving a damn thing to saving those few bucks causes no change AT BEST

Their domestic political problems are not our responsibility

It shows the stupidity of Trump and his supporters. It will only make the situation worse.
It will make nothing worse as the money helped no one in the first place.

90% of all that aid money ends up in the hands of politicians and people they control. So it might sound nice that we're helping their needy but that's not what happens at all. Giving these countries money that never finds its way to the people does absolutely nothing to prevent caravans to America. Considering all that, Trump would be right to cut off monetary aid.

This will only make problems worse in these countries. Trump does not understand international relations, economics, defense policy or foreign policy. Thank God we only have 19 more months of his BS to deal with be before he is voted out of office.

Yes, that's the idea, to make things worse in those countries. Then perhaps their governments will stop their people from coming here in order to restore those funds.

Since when is leaving the country your living in for a better life elsewhere a crime? Do you understand how the United States was formed? We don't want to turn Honduras, El Salvador or Guatemala into EAST GERMANY. Keeping your population captive or as hostages like EAST GERMANY did is not the answer. But hey, Trump is a PUTIN lover, so I'm sure he is cool with that SOVIET style philosophy.
Cognitive dissonance much

No one said leaving a nation is a crime.

Coming to this nation in defiance of our immigration laws is a crime.

No one is kept captive here anyone is free to leave but not all are free to enter at will

Trump is doing a great job and is going to sweep re election barring a sudden recession

This idea of cutting aid is a great idea which saves some money which was wasted to begin with

Well, this is sure to improve conditions in those countries and reduce the impetus that makes these people want to leave these countries for someplace like the United States.
In the long run yes maybe

Cant predict the out come but one possibility is those people stop trying to come here and fight fix their own nations

Well, this is sure to improve conditions in those countries and reduce the impetus that makes these people want to leave these countries for someplace like the United States.

Cant predict the out come but one possibility is those people stop trying to come here and fight fix their own nations

Another, equally likely, possibility is that Changelings will infiltrate the Honduran government while Jem Hadar parachute onto their beaches.

Mac1958 says they can’t because they can’t reduce their fertility rate to coincide with available resources. Mac basically says that Brown people are just that ignorant.....BUT BUT BUT....we need a few million more here to build our nation though.

Another, equally likely, possibility is that Changelings will infiltrate the Honduran government while Jem Hadar parachute onto their beaches.
Either way cutting off the money is a good thing as it never worked

There are a lot of countries like that. Should we let all their citizens come here? We didn't build this place as a refugee for people who didn't do things the right way. If anything, they should study our history and emulate us instead of taking advantage of us. And if they don't want to do that, then why in hell are we sending them our money?

Legal immigrants yes
What is different between immigration laws today and 100 years ago?

It
It's like saying 'You're poor, disabled and homeless. We're stopping money from getting into your hands. Once you're rich, we'll give you something me cash.'

The money was hot helping or achieving a damn thing to saving those few bucks causes no change AT BEST

Not our responsibility but the source of the problem

Not our responsibility but the source of the problem
Not that either

Legal immigrants yes
What is different between immigration laws today and 100 years ago?

The welfare mandate circa 1935 kinda changed everything.
Why don’t you think The People of a nation funded and run by The People should have the right to decide who they want to help them build and sustain the greatest nation on the globe? That’s weird.

Mac1958 says they can’t because they can’t reduce their fertility rate to coincide with available resources. Mac basically says that Brown people are just that ignorant.....BUT BUT BUT....we need a few million more here to build our nation though.
If you're going to misrepresent my positions, I'd prefer you didn't tag me.

I'm not very good at dealing with liars on message boards, and there is no reason for me to try.

Thanks.

WINNER--should've been done years ago
Trump the first POTUS in a long time using common sense and a backbone

Forum List

Back