Former CIA Directer Hayden Calls for Coup if Trump is Elected

So what exactly does Hayden expect Trump to ask the military to do that is against the constitution?

Hayden was saying that Trumps order to allow the use of water boarding and harsher forms of interrogation that would qualify as torture would NOT be allowed.

Hayden was getting all snippity and said that the military would refuse that order.

All they have to do is say it is in the tool box but will almost never be used. Then never use it.

Seems that some officers are ready to confront Trump from day one.

Sounds like Hayden is looking for any excuse he can dig up because I dont remember this reluctance to torture in the past. Until they got called on it anyway.

Wow, this dude is calling for a coup if Trump gets elected.

Former CIA Director Says Military May Disobey Orders From Trump

“Let me give you a punchline: If he were to order that once in government, the American armed forces would refuse to act,” Hayden said in response to a question from Bill Maher on Trump’s proposal of collective punishment.

“You cannot—you are not committed, you are not required, in fact you’re required to not follow an unlawful order,” Hayden added. “That would be in violation of all the international laws of armed conflict.”

Maher then took the discussion to the next level by suggesting that supporting Trump would essentially lead to a coup.

“You’ve given us a great reason not to support Trump. There would be a coup in this country,” Maher said.
Another one of your pathetic bullshit lies.
Don't you ever feel any shame?
I already know the answer.

TOTALLY DISAGREE with you on this, they are to defend the law/constitution, and if Trump ordered them to break it, the military MUST NOT OBEY the order....simple as that!!!!!
I thought the ruling was water boarding was not legally considered torture and that it's an administration directive, not law. I'm sure someone can be found to do it if called on.

So what is being said here is the position of US President is only reserved for establishment, Washington insiders hand-picked by a few people. Wow. I was for Marco Rubio but Trump now has my vote. Keep up with this bullshit and you all but assure a Trump presidency.

So what is being said here is the position of US President is only reserved for establishment, Washington insiders hand-picked by a few people. Wow. I was for Marco Rubio but Trump now has my vote. Keep up with this bullshit and you all but assure a Trump presidency.
Huh?

TOTALLY DISAGREE with you on this, they are to defend the law/constitution, and if Trump ordered them to break it, the military MUST NOT OBEY the order....simple as that!!!!!
I thought the ruling was water boarding was not legally considered torture and that it's an administration directive, not law. I'm sure someone can be found to do it if called on.
I believe Hayden was asked about killing the family and neighbors etc of terrorists intentionally...?

I believe Hayden was asked about killing the family and neighbors etc of terrorists intentionally...?
obama has taken out bunches of family members with drone strikes. I don't agree with targeting just family though but we don't get the details regardless of who is in office.

actually Hayden didn't mention or agree to a coup... Maher said it, in your cut and paste, not Hayden???

coup
ko͞o/
noun
noun: coup; plural noun: coups; noun: coup d'état; plural noun: coups d'état; plural noun: coup d'états
a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.
"he was overthrown in an army coup"
synonyms: seizure of power, coup d'état, putsch, overthrow, takeover, deposition;
revolution, palace revolution, rebellion, revolt, insurrection, mutiny, insurgence, uprising
"a violent military coup"

If the military refuses orders from the POTUS, that is a mutiny and it would play out to a coup, no doubt, which is why Maher correctly identified it as such and Hayden would not deny it.

Technically, Hayden is right. Servicemen have an obligation to ignore unlawful orders.

He was, but there is legal precedence making collateral damage legal.

actually Hayden didn't mention or agree to a coup... Maher said it, in your cut and paste, not Hayden???

coup
ko͞o/
noun
noun: coup; plural noun: coups; noun: coup d'état; plural noun: coups d'état; plural noun: coup d'états
synonyms: seizure of power, coup d'état, putsch, overthrow, takeover, deposition;
revolution, palace revolution, rebellion, revolt, insurrection, mutiny, insurgence, uprising

If the military refuses orders from the POTUS, that is a mutiny and it would play out to a coup, no doubt, which is why Maher correctly identified it as such and Hayden would not deny it.

Kinda like liberals and their demands that the military fire on it's own citizens right?
I'm sorry, but I missed that order. Could you point out where liberals made such a demand?

lol more hackery
This is starting to be worse than when Obama was running!

coup
ko͞o/
noun

Kinda like liberals and their demands that the military fire on it's own citizens right?
I'm sorry, but I missed that order. Could you point out where liberals made such a demand?

You know exactly what i'm referring to.

obama has taken out bunches of family members with drone strikes. I don't agree with targeting just family though but we don't get the details regardless of who is in office.

here is what Hayden said based on Trump's rhetoric on the topic.......watch the youtube

Former CIA Chief Says Military Could Defy Donald Trump’s Orders

WASHINGTON – Retired Gen. Michael Hayden, who recently led the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency, said the U.S. military would likely refuse to follow certain orders from Donald Trump if he is elected to the White House in November and follows through on campaign promises.

“I would be incredibly concerned if a President Trump governed in a way that was consistent with the language that Candidate Trump expressed during the campaign,” Gen. Hayden said during an interview will Bill Maher on Friday.

Mr. Trump, the frontrunner in the GOP primary, has vowed to use torture techniques against suspected terrorists if he wins the White House, going beyond waterboarding and doing things he described as a “hell of a lot worse.”

He has also suggested he would order U.S. forces to kill the family members of terrorists
, a charge that some have alleged would be in violation of the Geneva Convention.

coup
ko͞o/
noun

No one said that Trump wont get the law changed within the US. Hell, he is going to have a pen and a phone too, just like your messiah Obama. How's it feel with the shoe maybe on the other foot the next 8 years, dear?

The Vienna Convention is merely a convention, and I cant recall anyone being prosecuted for violating it within the last 50 years. Certainly no one from a former communist nation has been. Just look at Robert Mugabe.

Enhanced interrogation methods are effective if done right and the ability to use slightly more extreme methods really isnt necessary.

If it comes to a choice between letting thousands of Americans die or torturing the shit out of some terrorist; I say slice him apart like a deli, but get the information. Anything less is criminally negligent.

Last edited:

coup
ko͞o/
noun

But see thats THEIR dictator so they're cool with it

Since the American military is solidly behind Trump, the dems will have to use someone else's military.

He has also suggested he would order U.S. forces to kill the family members of terrorists, a charge that some have alleged would be in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Obama has been avoiding hitting military targets if civilians were nearby, so the Islamic terrorists have been building infrastructure around civilian areas and hiding among family.

Trump is saying he wont let that stop him.

The Geneva Convention does not punish civilian deaths that are part of collateral damage or else we broke it a million times over in our bombing campaigns over Japan and Germany in WW2.

Seems hypocritical to support cops for killing a citizen because they were disrespectful to the cop or sneezed, while crying the blues when a citizen goes to a foreign country and is on the ground of the enemy we are warring with, and siding with and working with the enemy can not be killed.

Show me the civilian killed by a cop for sneezing.

Forum List

Back