Former FBI boss warns prosecutor might see Trump search warrant tossed out entirely

Indeed, the warrant violated the Fourth Amendment. And so much more is wrong here as well.

The FBI warrant to search former President Trump's home in Mar-a-Lago may be thrown out entirely in court, according to former FBI boss Kevin Brock.
"I think the government would be concerned as well, because there's concern that the the search warrant itself was overly broad from the get-go," Kevin Brock said on "Just the News, Not Noise" Tuesday evening. "Because the scope that they were looking for was every single document generated during the Trump administration — that just seems too inexcusably overbroad. Now there's indications that they (the FBI) collected much more than they were authorized to collect."
Brock said that he believes that the search warrant could be suppressed entirely.
"If I'm a prosecutor, I am concerned going forward that this search warrant could be suppressed and for those types of reasons, and they would lose access to anything that was collected throughout the search as a fruit of the poisonous tree," Brock continued. "So I think that's got to be in the back of their minds."
Brock also criticized how the FBI raided Trump's home and how usually when the FBI does investigations, they try to take the least intrusive route possible at first.
"You go into a home, you set up a system where those things that you seize are assiduously documented," said Brock, explaining how FBI searches typically work. "They're given a specific tracking number, a barcode and each piece is gone through meticulously before you leave the premises to make sure that it's within the scope of the document."
"And that's only part one," he continued. "Part two is the warrant is not to be overly broad as to what parts of the residence can be searched. You can only search those things where it's reasonably expected you would find the type of evidence that you are looking for."

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: Sure Sling Blade. Thousands of documents and this will be thrown out? It'll never happen.

Doesn't matter one little bit. There are no rules when it comes to getting Trump. Will someone in the FBI get fired, lose their pension? Will anyone be held accountable? Hell no they won't. But will private attorney , client privileges be Leaked and spread far and wide by the manure spreader media? Of course it will, and the words " nuclear secrets" be seen a million times even though nobody knows what documents Trump even has or who put them there. Corruption and colluding with democrats is what the FBI and DOJ are into . And zero consequences to date for all the illegal stunts they have pulled. America is fucked, thanks democrats!
The rule of law is working, and you can't handle it. Take a pill.

The diary was stolen. Stop acting like prosecuting actual crime is political.
I don’t have a problem prosecuting those that stole it. we should also be investigating the contents of the diary as it outlines horrible sexual abuse. that’s an actual crime too

Which as far as we know, they complied with entirely.
You claim we know nothing, so I don’t think this is particularly useful statement.

It appears extremely unlikely they complied. Otherwise the FBI wouldn’t have walked out with documents that were marked classified.

in Feb they turned over over a dozen boxes…in June they came down and looked around, they didn’t need a warrant trump let them cause he was fully cooperating

1662842202019.png

In June they were not allowed to look in containers, FPOTUS lawyers prevented that. Subpoena's do not allow a search, they require the subject of the search to surrender.

The FPOTUS poking his head in and saying "Hi" is not permission to search.

WW

Which as far as we know, they complied with entirely.

RE: Subpoena

Actually we know that they didn't comply with the subpoena which required surrendering all documents with classified markings. The subpoena was serviced in June and FPOTUS lawyers summited an accompanying certification that the premises had been search and no other documents remained with classified markings.

However upon execution of the search warrant in August additional classified documents were discovered both in the storage room and even in the FPOTUS's desk in the "45 Office".

If the subpoena had been complied with entirely then there would have been no documents bearing classified markings available to find in month later.

WW

You claim we know nothing, so I don’t think this is particularly useful statement.

It appears extremely unlikely they complied. Otherwise the FBI wouldn’t have walked out with documents that were marked classified.
We know nothing about what the FBI walked out with except for what they tell us they walked out with.

When the Special Master goes over the documents, napkins, take out menus, and panties, it will only be the documents, napkins, take out menus, and panties that the DNC/DOJ/FBI chooses to give the Special Master, so we will still only know what they tell us they walked out with.

When we see the body-cam videos of the FBI going over documents (and panties, and take out menus, and napkins) at time of the raid, and we see that footage is unedited, we can start to believe what they tell us.

Or we can choose to literally blindly believe them, now with no evidence at all. I'm pro-choice on that.

RE: Subpoena

Actually we know that they didn't comply with the subpoena which required surrendering all documents with classified markings. The subpoena was serviced in June and FPOTUS lawyers summited an accompanying certification that the premises had been search and no other documents remained with classified markings.

However upon execution of the search warrant in August additional classified documents were discovered both in the storage room and even in the FPOTUS's desk in the "45 Office".

If the subpoena had been complied with entirely then there would have been no documents bearing classified markings available to find in month later.

WW
All of that assumes that the FBI is telling us the truth about what they found at MaL. Given the history of the FBI/DOJ in the last seven years, blindly accepting their word would be folly.

We know nothing about what the FBI walked out with except for what they tell us they walked out with.

When the Special Master goes over the documents, napkins, take out menus, and panties, it will only be the documents, napkins, take out menus, and panties that the DNC/DOJ/FBI chooses to give the Special Master, so we will still only know what they tell us they walked out with.

When we see the body-cam videos of the FBI going over documents (and panties, and take out menus, and napkins) at time of the raid, and we see that footage is unedited, we can start to believe what they tell us.

Or we can choose to literally blindly believe them, now with no evidence at all. I'm pro-choice on that.
The DoJ released the full list of evidence taken.

You may know nothing. That’s not everyone.

Forum List

Back