Former Trump press secretary Stephanie Grisham to speak at DNC

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Stephanie Grisham, who was former President Donald Trump’s press secretary, plans to speak at the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday, adding her name to the roster of Republicans going on stage in Chicago to back Vice President Kamala Harris.

Mr. Grisham worked for first lady Melania Trump before serving as White House press secretary from mid-2019 to early 2020. She resigned from another White House communications role shortly after the Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021, and became a staunch Trump critic.

“I never thought I’d be speaking at a Democratic convention. But after seeing firsthand who Donald Trump really is and the threat he poses to our country, I feel very strongly about speaking out,” Ms. Grisham told NBC News.

She will join a string of Republicans who plan to speak at the DNC, including former Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois; Mayor John Giles of Mesa, Arizona; former Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan; and Olivia Troye, a former aide to Vice President Mike Pence who became a prominent anti-Trump voice.

Is there anyone who worked closely with Trump who is ready to support him? It seems like that would be a rare commodity. Pence, Barr, Tillerson, Kelly, Mattis... the list goes on and on. People who served with Trump and now loathe him.

Also, usually, in conventions, you would have past leaders of the party coming on stage in support of the new standard bearer. Biden did that yesterday with class. Hillary did the same. We will soon see Obama and Bill Clinton.

Compare that with the barren Republican stage where no one from the former guard showed up. Clearly showing what the party leaders think of Trump.

Last edited:
Stephanie Grisham, who was former President Donald Trump’s press secretary, plans to speak at the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday, adding her name to the roster of Republicans going on stage in Chicago to back Vice President Kamala Harris.

Mr. Grisham worked for first lady Melania Trump before serving as White House press secretary from mid-2019 to early 2020. She resigned from another White House communications role shortly after the Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021, and became a staunch Trump critic.

“I never thought I’d be speaking at a Democratic convention. But after seeing firsthand who Donald Trump really is and the threat he poses to our country, I feel very strongly about speaking out,” Ms. Grisham told NBC News.

She will join a string of Republicans who plan to speak at the DNC, including former Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois; Mayor John Giles of Mesa, Arizona; former Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan; and Olivia Troye, a former aide to Vice President Mike Pence who became a prominent anti-Trump voice.

Is there anyone who worked closely with Trump who is ready to support him? It seems like that would be a rare commodity. Pence, Barr, Tillerson, Kelly, Mattis... the list goes on and on. People who served with Trump and now loathe him.

Also, usually, in conventions, you would have past leaders of the party coming on stage in support of the new standard bearer. Biden did that yesterday with class. Hillary did the same. We will soon see Obama and Bill Clinton.

Compare that with the barren Republican stage where no one from the former guard showed up. Clearly showing what the party leaders think of Trump.
Gross. She should start her speech by apologizing to America for her work aiding Trump's administration.

Forum List

Back