Former US Attorney says SCOTUS will overturn Trump Colorado decision 9-0. Guesses?

How will SCOTUS rule on the Trump Colorado decision

• 9-0

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • 8-1

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 7-2

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
I voted for a 9-0 SCOTUS reversal of the Colorado decision.

Even though I despise the Orange Modern-Day Benedict Arnold at its center.

Why?

It seems likely that a Federal -level declaration of a state of Insurrection is beyond the legal standing of a State -level court.

Now...

If the Federal government would officially DECLARE that January 6, 2021 was an "Insurrection" in a legal sense...

Then the State courts would have a Legal Leg to stand on, in this context.

---------

Keep in mind that it is possible that SCOTUS will be asked to make that determination as part of these appeal proceedings.

And, if that turns out to be the case, and they DO rule that it was an Insurrection, then they might uphold Colorado.

Other than that particular scenario, I smell a 9-0 in favor of the Orange Baboon-God ahead of us.

I wish it were different but wishing doesn't make it so.
The SCOTUS doesn’t get to decide if there was an insurrection, either. That’s legislating from the bench. Only Congress can declare an insurrection.

There will be no trouble of any appreciable nature. We remain a Nation of Laws.
mmmmm....i meant economic to start.............see bud light.........violence is up to leftist children

i hope there is so much violence in the shit holes when trump wins

i like me seeing burning libturd shit holes...........3 yrs go it would be unheard of with me

mmmmm....i meant economic to start.............see bud light.........violence is up to leftist children

i hope there is so much violence in the shit holes when trump wins

i like me seeing burning libturd shit holes...........3 yrs go it would be unheard of with me
Yup. Right now, it looks like Trump will win, and the riots in the blue cities will make the BLM riots look like kindergarten play.

(I’m in a blue city. I’ll have to keep my car parked in the garage for weeks after the election.)

And, they went by the letter of the law.

I would be willing to bet that the SC will say otherwise and provide a very reasonable explanation as to exactly the opposite.

The vote will likely be 6-3, because Democrats can't help themselves. They are sheep.

Yup. Right now, it looks like Trump will win, and the riots in the blue cities will make the BLM riots look like kindergarten play.

(I’m in a blue city. I’ll have to keep my car parked in the garage for weeks after the election.)
the one idiot who doesn't know what a woman is, even though she is one, will be the one vote

ever see anything funnier than a woman WHO CAN'T DEFINE WHAT A WOMAN IS?....LOLOLOL

I would be willing to bet that the SC will say otherwise and provide a very reasonable explanation as to exactly the opposite.

The vote will likely be 6-3, because Democrats can't help themselves. They are sheep.
the box checker justice will not for sure...i say kagan votes with trump.....the 3rd is so damned dumb you never know with that kook

the one idiot who doesn't know what a woman is, even though she is one, will be the one vote

ever see anything funnier than a woman WHO CAN'T DEFINE WHAT A WOMAN IS?....LOLOLOL
I’m wondering if she would be the lone dissenting vote that she would go ahead with making it so obvious that her disdain for an individual nominee overcomes her respect for the Constitution.

So I’m thinking two outcomes: either 6-3, with the libtard women sticking together, or 9-0, with Affirmative Action Jackson too embarrassed to stand alone.

It will begin the end for our country as we know it. There could be no other outcome.

After President Trump was wrongfully impeached, now, we have an impeachment hearing for a far more deserving man.

Next, Republicans have the inspiration to do the same to Democrats: wrongfully remove a candidate for president from that state's ballot. Why are you so determined to destroy our country? If freedom and democracy no longer exist here, it won't exist anywhere.

I don’t think I agree. The idea that it would be the beginning of the end. I believe we are bigger than one candidate.

I don’t know how the Supremes will rule. The idea of Conservatives and the selling point was original intent. They wanted a return to the original intent of the founders. In this case it would be the original intent of those who passed the 14th.

The original intent was that anyone who had sworn the oath to defend the Constitution and acted against that oath would never hold any position in Government again.

There was a scene in the Movie She Wore a Yellow Ribbon. The old John Wayne movie. Where they are burying an old trooper. John Wayne says that he was formally known as General whoever. Now known as trooper John Smith.

The truth is that those things happened. Men who had served in the Army and left to fight for the Confederacy and survived the war. They were Soldiers. And all they knew was the Army. It was home to them. So they couldn’t enlist under their real names. They enlisted under other names and served.

The reality was that the Amendment was punitive. And so be it.

The question the Supremes have to answer is what was the original intent of the 14th. What does the wording mean? And how is it applied.

I do not know how they will rule. I don’t know what standard would be best for the nation. I do know there are questions with far reaching consequences that are being decided.

there would be one hell of a lot of trouble

I don’t understand the link you posted. What it is supposed to say about the issue.

I don’t think I agree. The idea that it would be the beginning of the end. I believe we are bigger than one candidate.

I don’t know how the Supremes will rule. The idea of Conservatives and the selling point was original intent. They wanted a return to the original intent of the founders. In this case it would be the original intent of those who passed the 14th.

The original intent was that anyone who had sworn the oath to defend the Constitution and acted against that oath would never hold any position in Government again.

There was a scene in the Movie She Wore a Yellow Ribbon. The old John Wayne movie. Where they are burying an old trooper. John Wayne says that he was formally known as General whoever. Now known as trooper John Smith.

The truth is that those things happened. Men who had served in the Army and left to fight for the Confederacy and survived the war. They were Soldiers. And all they knew was the Army. It was home to them. So they couldn’t enlist under their real names. They enlisted under other names and served.

The question the Supremes have to answer is what was the original intent of the 14th. What does the wording mean? And how is it applied.

I do not know how they will rule. I don’t know what standard would be best for the nation. I do know there are questions with far reaching consequences that are being decided.
It’s not only the intent of the 14th. It’s that the person they are kicking off the ballot was deprived of due process - no charge, no defense presented, and no conviction by a jury of his peers.

You are right. Those three stupid dingbats will not be able to do the right thing. They are always on the wrong side of any court decision.

Gay Barry and Potatohead didn't appoint them because they knew anything about the law. They were appointed because they are idiot Moon Bats that will always do what the Democrat filth wants them to do.

I don’t understand the link you posted. What it is supposed to say about the issue.
it gets a glimpse of the poison libturds were fed from unfit parents and indoctrination skewls..................it is very important to always point this out because a great percent of libs on this board are seriously mentally ill.ever read their shit?????

just consider it a sig but not where a cig should be

It’s not only the intent of the 14th. It’s that the person they are kicking off the ballot was deprived of due process - no charge, no defense presented, and no conviction by a jury of his peers.

A vast majority of those who were affected by it when it passed were similarly affected. But was that the intent?

As for this case. They presented evidence for five days before the judge. Evidence similar to that which is being used to prosecute Trump in Washington DC and in Georgia.

The Judge who heard the evidence said that there had been an insurrection. And that Trump was instrumental in it. But that it wasn’t appropriate for the Court to decide the question.

Look. The Cato Institute. This is the originalists never intended X group that is always on the Right/Libertarian side of the issue.

They breakdown the arguments in the Colorado Supreme Courts decision. They are very happy with the arguments. It sounds to me as if they are impressed with the originalist arguments the Court used to reach their decision. Quoting Justice Gorsuch as part of their decision.

And remember. The Gorsuch decision was about a case in Colorado where a candidate was not a Natural Born Citizen running for President. The Candidate argued it was none of Colorado’s business who was on the ballot. The Court ruled it was.

If SCOTUS doesn't send Trump to the garbage heap of history where that bastard belongs then the voter's will do it. Just like in 2020.

Voters will have to take care of Trump once & for all because the gutless GOP led by Mitch were too spineless to do it.
:itsok:...

Yes, so far all I’ve seen in this CO case, which is far from a trial. It’s a bunch of Dems making up a lie about an insurrection to keep Trump off the ballot.

Notice how NO ONE can actually link to documents, rulings, videos, or transcripts of this "trial" they all insist took place?

That's a cult for you.

I'm looking forward to making complete asses out of all the Biden cultists who wet their pants with excitement over this unconstitutional attempt to deprive citizens of their voting rights.

I'll take bets on SCOTUS going:

9-0

8-1 (Jackson, the dumbest of them all dissenting)

7-2 (both Jackson and Sotomayor siding with the Nazis).

It would be nice to see a 9-0 but liberals don't care about laws, they want to make decisions based on public opinion, not laws. However, a 9-0 decision would really sting the left and prove that there really is such a thing as TDS.

There is either due process of law or there is no law. You seem to be advocating no law. No law is the end of this country. While it can , and is being triggered by one man, it is not about one man.

Forum List

Back