Former US Attorney says SCOTUS will overturn Trump Colorado decision 9-0. Guesses?

How will SCOTUS rule on the Trump Colorado decision

• 9-0

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • 8-1

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 7-2

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
I never said or implied anyone was found guilty of insurrection. I never said or implied that a criminal conviction was necessary at all.

Those are flaws in your thinking.
No, you didn't. The CO supreme court claimed he was guilty of "inciting insurrection" and you are supporting that moronic decision, ergo you are saying it. Did you actually graduate from high school?

Jackson is such a dumbass Negro I doubt she will be able to understand what the case is all about.

I bet that's the last thing they wanna do. They probably look real hard for a reason to kick that thing back to Colorado over some procedural issue.
Not a chance. This will be decided and decided quickly, IMHO.

If SCOTUS doesn't send Trump to the garbage heap of history where that bastard belongs then the voter's will do it. Just like in 2020.

Voters will have to take care of Trump once & for all because the gutless GOP led by Mitch were too spineless to do it.
Dirt.jpg

I'm looking forward to making complete asses out of all the Biden cultists who wet their pants with excitement over this unconstitutional attempt to deprive citizens of their voting rights.

I'll take bets on SCOTUS going:

9-0

8-1 (Jackson, the dumbest of them all dissenting)

7-2 (both Jackson and Sotomayor siding with the Nazis).

I keep reading how the Supreme Court will certainly overturn the decision. But I have asked the question several times. So I’ll ask it again.

What if the Supreme’s don’t overturn the decision?

There is limited precedent on this issue. It just hasn’t come up before. One of those tangential precedents is a case from Colorado which pulled a guy from the ballot. An appeals court judge said it was right to do so under the Constitution. That judge was Neil Gorsuch. That man is now a Supreme Court Justice. Appointed by Donald Trump.

The Colorado Secretary of State is out of office now. He has a private practice. And he is currently representing Donald Trump trying to argue the precedent he set doesn’t apply.

I’m being honest. I don’t know. The text of the 14th seems clear. In arguing against it Conservatives today sound like the apologists of Bill Clinton. It depends on your definition of the word “is”. Those hair splitting legal arguments were denounced by Conservatives at the time who argued that the plain and simple truth was that Clinton lied under oath.

I don’t know how the Supremes will rule. I don’t know if they will overturn or uphold. There are arguments for and against both actions. I don’t know how they will rule. I’ve written that to insure it meets the approval of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Earlier I posted this in another thread.

The lawyer writing that argues the dissents were specious. They lacked any decent arguments. One gets the impression that the argument against excluding Trump was in essence. I don’t want to do that.

So I don’t know. I’m curious as to how it turns out. I’m still listening to the arguments. They seem to be reaching the point of diminishing returns.

My question still stands. What if the Supremes uphold?

I keep reading how the Supreme Court will certainly overturn the decision. But I have asked the question several times. So I’ll ask it again.

It will begin the end for our country as we know it. There could be no other outcome.

After President Trump was wrongfully impeached, now, we have an impeachment hearing for a far more deserving man.

Next, Republicans have the inspiration to do the same to Democrats: wrongfully remove a candidate for president from that state's ballot. Why are you so determined to destroy our country? If freedom and democracy no longer exist here, it won't exist anywhere.

There is limited precedent on this issue. It just hasn’t come up before. One of those tangential precedents is a case from Colorado which pulled a guy from the ballot. An appeals court judge said it was right to do so under the Constitution. That judge was Neil Gorsuch. That man is now a Supreme Court Justice. Appointed by Donald Trump.

The Colorado Secretary of State is out of office now. He has a private practice. And he is currently representing Donald Trump trying to argue the precedent he set doesn’t apply.

I’m being honest. I don’t know. The text of the 14th seems clear. In arguing against it Conservatives today sound like the apologists of Bill Clinton. It depends on your definition of the word “is”. Those hair splitting legal arguments were denounced by Conservatives at the time who argued that the plain and simple truth was that Clinton lied under oath.

I don’t know how the Supremes will rule. I don’t know if they will overturn or uphold. There are arguments for and against both actions. I don’t know how they will rule. I’ve written that to insure it meets the approval of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Earlier I posted this in another thread.

The lawyer writing that argues the dissents were specious. They lacked any decent arguments. One gets the impression that the argument against excluding Trump was in essence. I don’t want to do that.

So I don’t know. I’m curious as to how it turns out. I’m still listening to the arguments. They seem to be reaching the point of diminishing returns.

My question still stands. What if the Supremes uphold?

there would be one hell of a lot of trouble

I voted for a 9-0 SCOTUS reversal of the Colorado decision.

Even though I despise the Orange Modern-Day Benedict Arnold at its center.

Why?

It seems likely that a Federal -level declaration of a state of Insurrection is beyond the legal standing of a State -level court.

Now...

If the Federal government would officially DECLARE that January 6, 2021 was an "Insurrection" in a legal sense...

Then the State courts would have a Legal Leg to stand on, in this context.

---------

Keep in mind that it is possible that SCOTUS will be asked to make that determination as part of these appeal proceedings.

And, if that turns out to be the case, and they DO rule that it was an Insurrection, then they might uphold Colorado.

Other than that particular scenario, I smell a 9-0 in favor of the Orange Baboon-God ahead of us.

I wish it were different but wishing doesn't make it so.

there would be one hell of a lot of trouble

There will be no trouble of any appreciable nature. We remain a Nation of Laws.

Forum List

Back