Formula 1 To Be Carbon Neutral By 2030

If F1 can pull this off, which in itself will be a challenge, wouldn't doubt me for a second. Some lap times at certain tracks are running 3 seconds quicker, all within the last five years. Absolutely amazing.

“Few people know that the current F1 hybrid power unit is the most efficient in the world, delivering more power using less fuel, and hence CO2, than any other car. We believe F1 can continue to be a leader for the auto industry and work with the energy and automotive sector to deliver the world’s first net zero carbon hybrid internal combustion engine that hugely reduces carbon emissions around the world."

F1 sets target to become carbon neutral by 2030

They are complete idiots. They ignore all other branches of science. The sun is progressively getting warmer. As it does the oceans will liberate hundreds of trillions of tons of Co2 quite uncontrollably. It's hard to say just how soon but the hydrogen to helium conversion which controls the total heat output of the sun is taking place at 600 million tons per second. By 2030 the earth will be inundated with
Several times the current co2 concentrations on its way to becoming the next Venus. This cannot be altered or controlled in any way.

Jo

The local slot car track banned a racer for using glue on his tires. Oops!

We used to have some nice public ones in Chicago/Milwaukee area back then..
I traded some kid a bullwhip for a car and control when I was a kid. Till his Mom found out.

You into motorcycles?

Want to see a thing of beauty?

View attachment 289515
My bikes never had a prop, though.

You could the take the prop off though and did what this legend did

OddBike: König 500 GP - Outboard-Powered Underdog

König 500 GP - Outboard-Powered Underdog

Kim Newcombe and his Konig Grand Prix bike
Image Source
Once in a generation there emerges a racing prodigy who defies belief and achieves success far beyond the odds. These men and women display innate and remarkable talent that is often so extraordinary that they become legends in their own time. They are the mythical “naturals”, those who perform complex tasks extraordinarily well despite their lack of experience. New Zealand motorcycle racer Kim Newcombe was one such prodigy, and one of the most tantalizing “what ifs” of motorcycle racing. He entered competition as a novice and immediately began to beat seasoned veterans. Not only that, but he single-handedly crafted and maintained his own machine – which he then campaigned successfully at the top level of the sport against the greatest riders of the 1970s. The tale of Kim and his Konig 500 GP motorbike is a true motorsports Cinderella story, and one of the most fascinating and tragic tales from the golden era of motorcycle road racing.

Kim Newcombe was born in Nelson, New Zealand in 1944 and grew up in Auckland, where he met the love of his life - Janeen. Married in their teens, Kim and Janeen moved to Australia in 1963 for two reasons – to be closer to Janeen’s mother, and to pursue Kim’s love of motorcycle racing.
Check out some new beauty, like this Suter V4 500cc 2-stroke with 190hp:

Racebike/Trackbike Review: Riding The First 190-Horsepower, 279-Pound, 576cc Fuel-Injected Two-Stroke V4 Suter MMX500 Delivered In The USA - RoadracingWorld.com // Roadracing World Magazine // Motorcycle Riding, Racing, Tech, Industry Daily News

Kenau Reeves has one. Saw it at Laguna Seca. The build is top notch.

Last edited:
Pinewood_derby_cars_02A.jpg

The local slot car track banned a racer for using glue on his tires. Oops!

We used to have some nice public ones in Chicago/Milwaukee area back then..
I traded some kid a bullwhip for a car and control when I was a kid. Till his Mom found out.

Those glow plug gas and airplanes..

God I hated trying to start one

Cox engines. I always got mine started.

How? I am trying to think of the fast model race cars of the day.

My dad bought my brother and one for Christmas. (1976? )

Pineiro? (Should Google it before I post)

Mine were all in airplanes, but priming them by squirting some fuel directly into the cylinder worked. Let's see that was about 48 years ago. LOL.

Forum List

Back