Four Broward Deputies Waited Outside Of Stoneman Douglas During The Shooting

This was completely predictable. Nobody is going in with a pistol after a guy who is shooting an AR-15 with almost an inexaustable supply of clips. This is where your "...one good guy with a gun" theory fails. The problem is the AR-15. As long as he has that and a shitload of clips, he outguns everyone within 10 to 15 minutes.

It only takes one properly-placed bullet to put someone down, jackass.

I work with the Sheriff Auxiliary Volunteers (SAV). We are not armed, but the deputies are. The deputies are NOT hired to commit suicide. They are trained to enforce the law with the least amount of casualties possible, including themselves.

This are TRAINED professionals and they wouldn't go in the school and try to stop the shooter... but NRA people think a teacher would do something.
Most likely the teachers would be where all the action is taking place inside the school and would have to take action to save their lives. It's kill or be killed.

Wrong Steve McRacist. They are trained to lock the doors and take cover.

Are you going to approach an active shooter in a school with a hand gun when they have an AR-15? Are you going to lock yourself out of the room and run into the open to confront the shooter?

Don't be an idiot.

If it will save a bunch of innocent lives, why not? :dunno:

Double if it's your job.

This are TRAINED professionals and they wouldn't go in the school and try to stop the shooter... but NRA people think a teacher would do something.
Most likely the teachers would be where all the action is taking place inside the school and would have to take action to save their lives. It's kill or be killed.

Are you going to approach an active shooter in a school with a hand gun when they have an AR-15? Are you going to lock yourself out of the room and run into the open to confront the shooter?

Don't be an idiot.
I would do my best to protect the kids and get a tactical advantage against the shooter. I don't believe in failure.

This was completely predictable. Nobody is going in with a pistol after a guy who is shooting an AR-15 with almost an inexaustable supply of clips. This is where your "...one good guy with a gun" theory fails. The problem is the AR-15. As long as he has that and a shitload of clips, he outguns everyone within 10 to 15 minutes.
Oh I see. So again, it's "we don't dare stop shooters" thing again. "Gun can't stop guns!"

What abject stupidity.

What horseshit. I say let the people who believe this be our first line against criminals with weapons when we aren't allowed to use any to protect ourselves.

Don't be an idiot.

If it will save a bunch of innocent lives, why not?

Because if you don't get lucky and win a gun fight where a person has a semi-automatic extended magazine rifle, you leave a room full of kids open to be killed as well.

Why the fuck do these retards believe that four armed men can't take out one kid with an automatic?

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'm a woman in my 50s. I would go in there with a single shot anything, and I would have killed that little fuck.

Stuff it. You can train til the cows come home, but until you're in it you don't know how you'll react. You stupid sons of bitches scream that you want to "protect" the ids and then you defend the people who are supposed to but don't. Fuck off.

What? lmao

I've said this all the time... no matter how much training you get, you don't know who will stand by you or have your back until the shit hits the fan. When I worked in the prison, I worked with a woman I would go to war with if I had to... yet I also worked with some guys who you would think were bad asses that I wouldn't trust to have my back in a paintball war.

I had a fight break out in my pod and I immediately jumped to action to break it up and the woman in the neighboring pod was there in minutes to help, yet the men who worked on the yard took their good old time to get there.

So I'm not sure wtf you are rambling on about, but teachers going into teaching because they want to educate children, not work SWAT. They don't want to be armed.

The Coach would have. So would many others. Thanks for your "prison" experience but I'll go with my Combat shit.

Your combat shit? Playing Call of duty isn't combat duty.

If you were in REAL combat duty then you would know that they teach you not to go into a situation where you are severally out-gunned and put MORE lives at risk. It is called cutting your losses.

Great, so you feel these deputies should be heroes because they were cutting their losses....really!!

Don't be an idiot.
I would do my best to protect the kids and get a tactical advantage against the shooter. I don't believe in failure.

Sure you would. You'd probably hand the gun over to a student and tell them to kill the shooter. Knowing you, you'd find a Black kid in the class and assume they are a gang banger that is a good shot.

..I would think a lot of fathers and mothers of those children would rush in there UNARMED....
I would think I would if my kid was in there or not............??
....any dads out there to give their opinion?

has anyone heard of ''shock troops''?.....you want to get in there fast and furious---tactically of course-- and use shock action on the shooter...attack attack
..the shooter is usually concentrating on the victims

in the military, if caught in an ambush--we were taught to immediately attack the ambush

Last edited:

Stuff it. You can train til the cows come home, but until you're in it you don't know how you'll react. You stupid sons of bitches scream that you want to "protect" the ids and then you defend the people who are supposed to but don't. Fuck off.

What? lmao

I've said this all the time... no matter how much training you get, you don't know who will stand by you or have your back until the shit hits the fan. When I worked in the prison, I worked with a woman I would go to war with if I had to... yet I also worked with some guys who you would think were bad asses that I wouldn't trust to have my back in a paintball war.

I had a fight break out in my pod and I immediately jumped to action to break it up and the woman in the neighboring pod was there in minutes to help, yet the men who worked on the yard took their good old time to get there.

So I'm not sure wtf you are rambling on about, but teachers going into teaching because they want to educate children, not work SWAT. They don't want to be armed.

The Coach would have. So would many others. Thanks for your "prison" experience but I'll go with my Combat shit.

Your combat shit? Playing Call of duty isn't combat duty.

If you were in REAL combat duty then you would know that they teach you not to go into a situation where you are severally out-gunned and put MORE lives at risk. It is called cutting your losses.

Great, so you feel these deputies should be heroes because they were cutting their losses....really!!

No... pretty sure I didn't say that at all. There is also quite a big difference between a single deputy with a hand gun, and 4 deputies.

If this gets to five of the people the left wants to be in charge of your safety wouldn't even enter the school during an active shooter scenario?

According to a report by CNN’s Jake Tapper, four Broward County deputies waited outside of Stoneman Douglas High School while shooter Nikolas Cruz took the lives of 17 students and staff members inside.

WATCH:

Sheriff Scott Israel revealed on Thursday that the school resource officer on duty, Deputy Scot Peterson, “never went in” the school even though it was “clear” there was a shooting going on, but CNN’s new reporting reveals there were three other deputies who reported to the scene shortly thereafter also failed to enter the school and attempt to engage Cruz.

The report states that when Coral Springs police officers arrived on the scene, the four deputies were crouched behind their vehicles with their guns drawn and had not yet entered the school.

Report: Four Broward Deputies Waited Outside Of Stoneman Douglas During The Shooting
So the right doesn't support cops yeah you run with that until you get tired then realize that cops don't get much respect from either side of the political aisle because they have been abusing our rights for years.....Fuck the pigs...

..I would think a lot of fathers and mothers of those children would rush in there UNARMED....

has anyone heard of ''shock troops''?.....you want to get in there fast and furious---tactically of course-- and use shock action on the shooter...attack attack

in the military, if caught in an ambush--we were taught to attack the ambush

I doubt if you are going to find many teachers who are "shock troops".

I'd charge him with a Ruger Mark III if I thought it would save lives.

Apparently, more regular people need to be armed.

in the military, if caught in an ambush--we were taught to attack the ambush
Cops are wannabe troops....The ones that couldn't cut the mustard in the real organization for fighters...

Don't be an idiot.

Sure you would. You'd probably hand the gun over to a student and tell them to kill the shooter. Knowing you, you'd find a Black kid in the class and assume they are a gang banger that is a good shot.
There's always collateral damage in these situations.

Forum List

Back