Four days and the NRA has not said a word

Lets put Bump Stock legislation up for a vote in Congress and see how every Congressman and Senator votes on it.
Then they can defend their vote in the 2018 election

Anyone believe Republicans will allow this to come up for a vote?
How will banning something stop criminals? Or wait, you're one of those that want something done no matter how useless it is, right?

You want to know how I know you didn't graduate high school?

I never once said anything about confiscation.
I never once said anything about ending gun crime.

Yet you went off on your little tangent because you're a brainwashed lap dog of the NRA and can't have an adult conversation without resorting to what you THINK I said instead of actually reading what I did in fact say.

Rollover boy, good boy.

Gun control laws don't stop criminals from getting guns or even make it harder. All it does is disarm good people.

You're right, gun control laws don't work.....Except in every single other 1st world nation in the world.

Didn't stop people from shooting up the public in France did they?

Nothing can be stopped but completely. No one is claiming that.

But the data doesn't lie. Gun control laws can and do work.

OK then tell me why the murder rate in the UK is higher since the passing of all their gun laws, gun bans and gun confiscations since the 1960's than it was before all those laws?

Now tell me why CA the state with the strictest gun control has a higher murder rate than UT with the most lax gun control.

It doesn't fly.

Our murder rate has been going down for 3 decades despite the fact that more people own guns and more people have their CCW permits than ever before

You can't compare U.S. states to each other because there is nothing stopping someone from crossing a border between states and committing a crime.

Where are you getting your UK data?

Why should they?

They just sit back and quietly laugh. The NRA knows the routine. They know their Congress will do nothing to upset them. They just have to lay low and let the public and media rage on about banning bump stocks. They will allow Congressmen to say....We need to look into this and "thoughts and prayers"

After about a week, the furor will die down and it will be business as usual

Until the next shooting
/—-/ Take cars away from sober people to stop drunk driving. Save 40,000 lives a year.

Why should they?

They just sit back and quietly laugh. The NRA knows the routine. They know their Congress will do nothing to upset them. They just have to lay low and let the public and media rage on about banning bump stocks. They will allow Congressmen to say....We need to look into this and "thoughts and prayers"

Until the next shooting
They can't trot out their last rationalization for a mass shooting in an elementary school. A good guy with a gun...

Why should they?

Until the next shooting
They can't trot out their last rationalization for a mass shooting in an elementary school. A good guy with a gun...[/QUOTE
/—-/ The good guy security guard who intervened with the shooter was unarmed. Security guard who found Vegas gunman was alone and unarmed

Why should they?

Until the next shooting
/—-/ Take cars away from sober people to stop drunk driving. Save 40,000 lives a year.

Do it for the childrens.......

Gun control laws don't stop criminals from getting guns or even make it harder. All it does is disarm good people.

You're right, gun control laws don't work.....Except in every single other 1st world nation in the world.

OK then tell me why the murder rate in the UK is higher since the passing of all their gun laws, gun bans and gun confiscations since the 1960's than it was before all those laws?

Now tell me why CA the state with the strictest gun control has a higher murder rate than UT with the most lax gun control.

It doesn't fly.

Our murder rate has been going down for 3 decades despite the fact that more people own guns and more people have their CCW permits than ever before

You can't compare U.S. states to each other because there is nothing stopping someone from crossing a border between states and committing a crime.

Of course I can compare states how about I compare CA to NH ? CA still has higher murder rates. I don't think the gang bangers are driving to New England to get their guns do you?

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

UK Murder rate in 1950 .8 per 100000
UK Murder rate in 2010 1.1 per 100000

US murder rate in 1950 4.6 per 100000
in 2010 4.8 per 100000

The number of guns in the US has not stopped the murder rate from declining to it's second lowest rate this century so tell me again how more guns equals more murders or that gun laws lower the murder rate

murder-rate-trend-1900-2010.jpg

Why should they?

Until the next shooting
/—-/ Oh gun grabbing morons: Breaking News NRA endorses more regulation on bump stocks that boost guns' firing rates - CNBC

Yet you went off on your little tangent because you're a brainwashed lap dog of the NRA and can't have an adult conversation without resorting to what you THINK I said instead of actually reading what I did in fact say.

Rollover boy, good boy.

It doesn't fly.

The gun control debate needs to be a gang control debate.

If we banned all guns and took them from everyone you would prevent the person shooting the spouse getting a glass of milk in the middle of the night, but you won't stop most of the other violence.

Instead of gun violence you will have knife, car, and maybe bombing violence.

If you want to stop gun violence you have to go after the gangs and poverty violence.

It doesn't fly.

The gun control debate needs to be a gang control debate.

If we banned all guns and took them from everyone you would prevent the person shooting the spouse getting a glass of milk in the middle of the night, but you won't stop most of the other violence.

Instead of gun violence you will have knife, car, and maybe bombing violence.

If you want to stop gun violence you have to go after the gangs and poverty violence.

It is true that the murder rate for the entire country is skewed by a small number of ultra violent inner city shit holes

Why should they?

Until the next shooting

The NRA usually doesn't comment on things like this, it only makes a statement when the politicians start proposing laws it finds unconstitutional.

Lets put Bump Stock legislation up for a vote in Congress and see how every Congressman and Senator votes on it.

How will banning something stop criminals? Or wait, you're one of those that want something done no matter how useless it is, right?

We banned machine guns 85 years ago and I don't see many crimes committed with a machine gun

Why should they?

Until the next shooting

The NRA usually doesn't comment on things like this, it only makes a statement when the politicians start proposing laws it finds unconstitutional.

They don't have to say a word
Their politicians know how they are supposed to vote

But we all know that no politician will go on record voting against this....it will be killed before it even sees the light of day

Wanna know how I know you are an idiot?
You actually think gun confiscation would end gun crime.
2/3 of ALL gun related deaths are suicide so spare me your self righteous bullshit.

Rollover boy, good boy.

The exact opposite has been proven repeatedly.

It doesn't fly.

Of course I can compare states how about I compare CA to NH ? CA still has higher murder rates. I don't think the gang bangers are driving to New England to get their guns do you?

in 2010 4.8 per 100000

The number of guns in the US has not stopped the murder rate from declining to it's second lowest rate this century so tell me again how more guns equals more murders or that gun laws lower the murder rate

Ok so from your own data, both the US and UK have increased slightly since the 1950's. But don't you see the stark difference between the two countries? One country has strict guntrol laws, and one doesn't. Using the data you provided only, which one would you think is which?

Why should they?

Until the next shooting

They don't have to say a word
Their politicians know how they are supposed to vote

But we all know that no politician will go on record voting against this....it will be killed before it even sees the light of day

We haven't even seen a real proposal to do anything, just things like Mikey Moore saying what all your progressives really feel and would say if you had the balls to do it.

Rollover boy, good boy.

The exact opposite has been proven repeatedly.

It has not.

Feel free to share your evidence though.

It doesn't fly.

in 2010 4.8 per 100000

Ok so from your own data, both the US and UK have increased slightly since the 1950's. But don't you see the stark difference between the two countries? One country has strict guntrol laws, and one doesn't. Using the data you provided only, which one would you think is which?

The US seems as far as I can tell to have always had a higher murder rate than the UK so what do you want to use a a baseline? I chose 1950. .

So the gun laws in the UK didn't lower the murder rate below what it was before all the laws were passed staring in the 1960's. If it was true that more gun laws, more gun bans and outright gun confiscations lower the murder rate then why isn't the murder rate in the UK lower than it was before all those laws were passed?

Obviously guns and gun laws aren't the only two variables.

Now in the US we have passed some gun laws but really any law abiding person is not prohibited from owning firearms and our murder rate has fallen over the past 30 years to almost its lowest point in the past almost 120 years.

So what are the other variables that must be accounted for?

We banned machine guns 85 years ago and I don't see many crimes committed with a machine gun

Look we didn't ban machine guns.

People can still own automatic weapons as long as they have the proper federal permits

Forum List

Back