Fox News and their main aims in life.

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014

I know this might seem obvious, but....
"In his forthcoming book, obtained by The New York Times, Stirewalt says the network’s motive for pushing a far-right agenda isn’t to help the conservative cause and elect Republicans. It’s about profit."

Fox makes money out selling something people want. That something is telling a certain type of person what they want to hear.

This is not uncommon, not limited to Fox News. This is privatized media.
Such media is dangerous because it's not doing what is best for the country, it's doing what's best for profit.

And humans have a tendency of preferring their fantasy world to the real world.

"In his forthcoming book, obtained by The New York Times, Stirewalt says the network’s motive for pushing a far-right agenda isn’t to help the conservative cause and elect Republicans. It’s about profit."

Fox makes money out selling something people want. That something is telling a certain type of person what they want to hear.

Such media is dangerous because it's not doing what is best for the country, it's doing what's best for profit.

LOL that’s the funniest shit I’ve read all day.

Faux News isn‘t “far right”, they are controlled opposition. They are anti-Trump and love Establishment GOP.

So why focus on Fox, which spews bullshit 50% of the time?

CNN's 90% and MSNBC's 95% are far more concerning, especially as motivators for Democrat extremism, violence, fascism and murder?

LOL that’s the funniest shit I’ve read all day.

Faux News isn‘t “far right”, they are controlled opposition. They are anti-Trump and love Establishment GOP.
Yeah, except for the nightly opinion shows, which is all anyone watches or cares about on Fox - they're all pro-Trump.

poor democrats fox doesnt kiss their axe...and fox makes money...oh noos, money is bad ask anyone

So why focus on Fox, which spews bullshit 50% of the time?

CNN's 90% and MSNBC's 95% are far more concerning, especially as motivators for Democrat extremism, violence, fascism and murder?

I'm not going to defend any of the US media outlets. However making out Fox is 50% bullshit to 95% for others would require you to PROVE IT.

While the conservative niche still exists Fox will remain a pillar of freespeech, a balance between left and right media preserved. With conservatism presently in its deathrows, conservatives themselves growing old, dying, liberals being born with every new generation, Fox too will need to move left or go down, Murdoch to be thrown overboard of this sinking ship soon.

While the conservative niche still exists Fox will remain a pillar of freespeech, a balance between left and right media preserved. With conservatism presently in its deathrows, conservatives themselves growing old, dying, liberals being born with every new generation, Fox too will need to move left or go down, Murdoch to be thrown overboard of this sinking ship soon.

It's not about "free speech". It's about entertainment.

They don't try and inform people, and this is the same for other news channels, I saw, I think, some MSNBC on youtube (I don't watch these shows) and I was shocked at how much the guy was telling people how to think.

It's not about "free speech". It's about entertainment.

They don't try and inform people, and this is the same for other news channels, I saw, I think, some MSNBC on youtube (I don't watch these shows) and I was shocked at how much the guy was telling people how to think.
Fox will be forced to move left out of an economic necessity as its niche grows smaller with the loss of conservatives to natural attrition. A balance lost forever when this happens. Conservatives left without any voice, a gross violation of the right to free speech

Fox will be forced to move left out of an economic necessity as its niche grows smaller with the loss of conservatives to natural attrition. A balance lost forever when this happens. Conservatives left without any voice, a gross violation of the right to free speech

I don't see a loss of natural attrition going on here.

Trump got ELEVEN MILLION more votes in 2020 than in 2016.
He literally attracted 11 million more people by lying, talking nonsense and bigging himself up.

People want to be ENTERTAINED.

I don't see a loss of natural attrition going on here.

Trump got ELEVEN MILLION more votes in 2020 than in 2016.
He literally attracted 11 million more people by lying, talking nonsense and bigging himself up.

People want to be ENTERTAINED.

They do but Trump is hardly an extreme right conservative, a megalomaniac, sure. And to believe that conservatism isn't on its way out is to believe that some of its foundations, marriage and church attendance are on the rise.

They do but Trump is hardly an extreme right conservative, a megalomaniac, sure. And to believe that conservatism isn't on its way out is to believe that some of its foundations, marriage and church attendance are on the rise.

Trump isn't political at all. He's a businessman. And he's going about this politics thing in a business way. Though he's replaced money with support.
He'll do anything to retain and increase his support. ANYTHING>

ZOMG!!! Only the State should determine what's "News" or how many genders there are, so far today

Damm that Fox News!! If only they would go away, then we would have One Party Control over all TV News Media!! What a wonderful day that would be, right?

[Insert the voice of Andy Rooney]

Have you ever wandered into a thread only to then find yourself asking, ‘why am I here?’ I have ….”

This thread is a good example. Allow me to summarize:

WTF?

A bit too broad of a brush.

There are ample private media which are reliable news sources.

Fox is smashing all the other media lefty news so they float hit pieces all the time. Fox has the conservative demographic and that is who they cater to. The MSM has the alt-left demographic and are collectively losing their shorts. Look for more hit pieces coming from these places as they sink into the abyss. Even CNN has had to fire their so-called 'journalists' because they have made ridiculous stories that have proven to be patently false. The new CNN chief Chris Licht has vowed to change that. Cnn has been bleeding viewer ship because of their biased reporting.

CNN’s newly installed CEO, Chris Licht, reportedly wants to phase out the use of “the big lie” when referring to Donald Trump’s “stolen election” claims, a change that comes amid reports the boss hopes to rein in partisanship (or perceptions thereof). Licht, who made the comments during a Tuesday meeting with producers, warned that using “the Big Lie” is too close to the Democratic Party’s “branding,” according to Mediaite. He also suggested that CNN’s producers refer to Trump’s debunked voter fraud claims as the “Trump election lie” or “election lies” in banners and graphics.

Forum List

Back