Fox News Says Sharia Law Is Taking Over Because Of A Muslim Women's Swim Class

Give the girls their hour. Please. It's just one hour.

Why not a day? its just a day. Why not a week? its just a week.

Are there are any other groups of Americans you believe should not be allowed to swim, in private, at the Y?

Americans with arthritis?
American kids taking swimming lessons?
Americans doing post-op exercise?
Americans swimming for fun?
(oops the Muslim women would probably be in that category)

Nice try.

Notice To all YMCA Members:
Starting next week Shariah Workouts in headscarfs and burka's at the Y, no men allowed, will start from 10 AM to 2 PM Mondays and Wednesdays. During these "women only workouts" <wink wink> men are not allowed in the gym / equipment area. Men who are traversing to other areas of the gym should be considerate of the Muslim women working out, and should not look at the women. Those who do, do so at your own peril.

The Minnesota YMCA thanks you for your cooperation and continued patronage.

Allah Akbar! :lmao:

Can see your argument is crumbling.

Instead of talking about the situation at hand logically and honestly (1 hour a week open to all women), lets completely exaggerate the example with absolutely zero evidence in a futile attempt to make it look like the YMCA is going to become some sort of a Mosque. Bullshit, Roudy. Complete bullshit.

And I'll tell you what, if the YMCA wanted to actually do that, it's their right to do so. Doubt it though, because it'd be a horrible business decision.

Actually the example I provided is totally applicable and possible. If you're going to exclude men at the Y from entering or using one area of the facility due to Muslim sensitivities, why not other areas? What is the difference between the pool and the weight / gym area? None absolutely.

I don't even know if you have an argument for it to crumble. It's basically "let's show how tolerant we are, by appeasing the intolerants"

Latin Dance Fitness for Women (Bronxville , NY) - Meetup

and a million other women's groups that hold women only sessions.

and, just for the real idiots on the forum, the ones who tell us how Muslims want their laws for everyone and make out as if women's groups are just to pander to Muslims; have a Jewish women's group.

Fucking Jews, eh, Roudy - they're forcing their religious laws on everyone by having women's meetings.

NYC and Hamptons Jewish Single Professional Women 30-37 (New York , NY) - Meetup

The stupidity of this thread and the posters who are supporting that stupidity is astounding.
There are many women's groups of all flavours, for a lot of reasons.

One is seen to be Muslims and the idiots go stupid.
Congratulations, another moron just found a totally irrelevant example to post.

Are there are any other groups of Americans you believe should not be allowed to swim, in private, at the Y?

Then why have a special class just for them?

All those groups are currently swimming at the Y! WHILE THE OTHER MEMBERS ARE SWIMMING AS WELL. They always leave two lanes open for all members, while these private classes are being being held. Pools are never closed off entirely to one group unless it's a swim meet that the Y is hosting.

Nice try.

When Americans with arthritis are swimming can someone who doesn't have arthritis enter the pool area?

If Kids are taking swimming lessons, can adults not enter the pool area.

If someone is swimming for fun, is a workman prohibited from entering the pool area?

If muslim women are using the pool are men prohibited from entering the pool area?

There you go. Answer those questions and you see what is happening.

If muslim women are using the pool doesn't it make sense to black out the windows so that men cannot look into the pool area? If this is a space designated for women only, shouldn't men be excluded from the building so as not to result in some inadvertent, or deliberate spying?

Start small, end big.

Nice try.

When Americans with arthritis are swimming can someone who doesn't have arthritis enter the pool area?

If someone is swimming for fun, is a workman prohibited from entering the pool area?

If muslim women are using the pool are men prohibited from entering the pool area?

There you go. Answer those questions and you see what is happening.

If muslim women are using the pool doesn't it make sense to black out the windows so that men cannot look into the pool area? If this is a space designated for women only, shouldn't men be excluded from the building so as not to result in some inadvertent, or deliberate spying?

Start small, end big.
It's called Creeping Shariah. Shariah hours, Shariah courts, Shariah neighborhoods, Shariah days, Shariah clothes, Shariah laws in the neighborhoods. It always starts small and by the time you realize what's happening it's already too late. This has happened in almost every European country.

Last edited:
This is up to the owners of the pool.

See the pattern?

Then why have a special class just for them?

Don't ask us, talk to the people who own the pool. They can do whatever they want, include remove the pool so that no one can use it, or only open it for one hour a day for women who are older than 75 years.

It's up to them.

Notice To all YMCA Members:
Starting next week Shariah Workouts in headscarfs and burka's at the Y, no men allowed, will start from 10 AM to 2 PM Mondays and Wednesdays. During these "women only workouts" <wink wink> men are not allowed in the gym / equipment area. Men who are traversing to other areas of the gym should be considerate of the Muslim women working out, and should not look at the women. Those who do, do so at your own peril.

The Minnesota YMCA thanks you for your cooperation and continued patronage.

Allah Akbar! :lmao:

Instead of talking about the situation at hand logically and honestly (1 hour a week open to all women), lets completely exaggerate the example with absolutely zero evidence in a futile attempt to make it look like the YMCA is going to become some sort of a Mosque. Bullshit, Roudy. Complete bullshit.

And I'll tell you what, if the YMCA wanted to actually do that, it's their right to do so. Doubt it though, because it'd be a horrible business decision.

Actually the example I provided is totally applicable and possible. If you're going to exclude men at the Y from entering or using one area of the facility due to Muslim sensitivities, why not other areas? What is the difference between the pool and the weight / gym area? None absolutely.

I don't even know if you have an argument for it to crumble. It's basically "let's show how tolerant we are, by appeasing the intolerants"

No - your example is completely exaggerated and not realistic (and you know this).

One hour of the week is currently reserved for a "women's only" swim class. There is no dress requirement during that swim time. That's all the information you and I know, and nothing (absolutely nothing) has hinted that the owners of the Y are planning on enforcing an overall dress code (or dress code at all), or will extend this out to different areas of the Y in significant fashion (ie 4-6 hr blocks of time). No evidence at all, Roudy.

One thing I hate is a deliberately dishonest poster.

If you're not just making up things than put your money where your mouth is and show us the backup! Maybe a transcript of a conversation where the owner said "yes, I'm thinking of making the entire facility bow to the rules of sharia law on an expansive scale, despite it being bad for business", etc.

Show us and I'll shut up. Otherwise you're just making up sh$t.

Last edited:
The pool in my building has ladies only hours 3 times a week and a ladies only gym. Has nothing to do with anything except that a lot of women prefer to swim and workout without men oogling or staring at them. The gym I belonged to in Austria also had a ladies' only workout room. This is typical in many places, many countries, and has nothing to do with any religion. It is because the business wants to attract female customers who do not want to work out or swim with men 'watching' every move they make. I was in the elevator yesterday, and a female resident was there with her girlfriend telling her about the attributes of the building. She told her about the pool having ladies' hours, and they were both obviously impressed by that. This is two young women who happened to be black. It is something a lot of women want, and business owners cater to what customers want.

Last edited:

See the pattern?
The pool does not have "owners" it's a company and the branches are operating making independent decisions while holding true to the principles of the establishment. Closing off the pool to all men or any group to appease Muslim sensitivities, IS NOT consistent with the company policies.

Someone needs to get fired here, someone needs to be fired here, see the pattern?

And if enough people raise their voices, SOMEONE WILL. That's how things work.

Last edited:
The pool in my building has ladies only hours 3 times a week and a ladies only gym. Has nothing to do with anything except that a lot of women prefer to swim and workout without men oogling or staring at them. The gym I belonged to in Austria also had a ladies' only workout room. This is typical in many places, many countries, and has nothing to do with any religion. It is because the business wants to attract female customers who do not want to work out or swim with men 'watching' every move they make. I was in the elevator yesterday, and a female resident was there with her girlfriend telling her about the attributes of the building. She told her about the pool having ladies' hours, and they were both obviously impressed by that. This is two young women who happened to be black. It is something a lot of women want, and business owners cater to what customers want.
Yes, those are possible in private establishments. When you become a member at the Y, as I have in the past, you want SOME access to the pool and gym areas during business hours for all members. That's what you're paying for. And that's how it was when I was a member. The pool was never entirely closed. If I showed up to swim, and there was some type of class, there was at least two lanes open. I know as a fact that people would complain if they had no access to the pool. Many times I witnessed people complaining to the lifeguard why so many lanes were closed to classes and why more lanes aren't open to regular members.

As I said this Y was clearly violating the rules, in order to appease Muslim sensitivities.

Last edited:
Yes, those are possible in private establishments. When you become a member at the Y, as I have in the past, you want SOME access to the pool and gym areas during business hours for all members. That's what you're paying for. And that's how it was when I was a member. The pool was never entirely closed. If I showed to to swim, and there was some type of class, there was at least two lanes open. I know as a fact that people would complain if they had no access to the pool. Many times I witnessed people complaining to the lifeguard why so many lanes were closed to classes and why more lanes aren't open to regular members.

The YMCA is not a public institution. It is a private 'establishment.' Not part of the government, not supported by tax dollars. Private. The YMCA is a private, non-profit, international Christian organization. It is not a 'public' organization and not owned or controlled by the US government.

Last edited:
The pool does not have "owners" it's a company

Companies have owners, lol.

and the branches are operating making independent decisions while holding true to the principles of the establishment. Closing off the pool to all men or any group to appease Muslim sensitivities, IS NOT consistent with the company policies.
Quit making up things Roudy, please. Let's stick to what we know:

1.) Someone owns the pool who is NOT you
2.) This story was national news, so we can assume the pool owners are well aware of the situation
3.) If they are upset they can fire the operators. To my knowledge, no one has been fired yet.

That's it.

And just so I can understand better, which portion of the company policy (which you seem to be an expert on) does a "women's only" swim class for 1 hr a week violate?

You claim it violates policy, so put your money where your mouth is and SHOW ME.

No - your example is completely exaggerated and not realistic (and you know this).

One hour of the week is currently reserved for a "women's only" swim class. There is no dress requirement during that swim time. That's all the information you and I know, and nothing (absolutely nothing) has hinted that the owners of the Y are planning on enforcing an overall dress code (or dress code at all), or will extend this out to different areas of the Y in significant fashion (ie 4-6 hr blocks of time). No evidence at all, Roudy.

If you're not just making up things than put your money where your mouth is and show us the backup! Maybe a transcript of a conversation where the owner said "yes, I'm thinking of making the entire facility bow to the rules of sharia law on an expansive scale, despite it being bad for business", etc.

No men at the pool is okay but no men at the gym area is not? Why the pool and not the gym area?

Yes, those are possible in private establishments. When you become a member at the Y, as I have in the past, you want SOME access to the pool and gym areas during business hours for all members. That's what you're paying for. And that's how it was when I was a member. The pool was never entirely closed. If I showed up to swim, and there was some type of class, there was at least two lanes open. I know as a fact that people would complain if they had no access to the pool. Many times I witnessed people complaining to the lifeguard why so many lanes were closed to classes and why more lanes aren't open to regular members.

As I said this Y was clearly violating the rules, in order to appease Muslim sensitivities.

Just because the Y you happened to be a member of "always had pool access" doesn't mean all YMCAs - 2,600 nationwide - must abide by the same policy. This is not sound logic. It's perfectly lawful for the YMCA to run each of those 2,600 facilities in different ways if they want to.

No men at the pool is okay but no men at the gym area is not? Why the pool and not the gym area?

No men in the gym area is fine too if the company decides that's what they want to do. Heck, they could make an "aliens only" gym for extraterrestrial life only if they wanted to. However...

My point is, there is absolutely not a shred of evidence - anywhere - suggesting the YMCA in St. Paul (or any of the other 2,600 locations) is planning to install a "women's only workout hours" to cater to the Muslim community.

Zero evidence. I'm just telling you to quit exaggerating and making things up.

The pool does not have "owners" it's a company

Companies have owners, lol.

and the branches are operating making independent decisions while holding true to the principles of the establishment. Closing off the pool to all men or any group to appease Muslim sensitivities, IS NOT consistent with the company policies.
Quit making up things Roudy, please. Let's stick to what we know:

1.) Someone owns the pool who is NOT you
2.) This story was national news, so we can assume the pool owners are well aware of the situation
3.) If they are upset they can fire the operators. To my knowledge, no one has been fired yet.

That's it.

And just so I can understand better, which portion of the company policy (which you seem to be an expert on) does a "women's only" swim class for 1 hr a week violate?

You claim it violates policy, so put your money where your mouth is and SHOW ME.
The pool is owned by a nationwide company with thousands branches in cities and neighborhoods across the country. It is not an individual owner. This specific Y should not have closed the pool off to men in order to appease Muslim sensitivities. It is against the company policy and he / she should have gotten his ass fired.

Forum List

Back