Fox News says Tucker Carlson breached his contract

Is his twitter account airinng at the same time as his old show was? Is it even a show? No, dumbass, it isn't.

Its the same format, same guy, same topic, same suit, same style.....just for a different company.

All while Fox is paying Tucker Carlson as part of his contract with them.

Twitter is selling ad dollars to the same demo as Fox does, competing directly with them.

Remember, you don't know what you're talking about. You don't understand what a non-compete agreement even is.

If they have not terminated his contract, they can absolutely demand he only produces content for Fox News. And then never air it.

So what? He's a news caster; he can work on someone else's show all day long. There is no law saying he can't work, period. Such contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. He's not 'starting another business' by commenting on Twitter. If one is a mechanic with his own tools and shop with a franchise from someone else, and that franchise cancels his franchise, he is free to go to work for another company as a mechanic. They can't keep him from working for any length of time as an employee for someone else.

Last edited:
There are non-compete contracts that certainly prevent people from opening businesses in the same field or working for someone else in the same field for a set period of time after .....unless those folks want want to be in breach of the contract.

"A non-compete agreement is a legal agreement or clause in a contract specifying that an employee must not enter into competition with an employer after the employment period is over. These agreements also prohibit the employee from revealing proprietary information or secrets to any other parties during or after employment.

Many contracts specify a certain length of time when the employee is barred from working for a competitor after they end employment. Employers may require employees to sign non-compete agreements to keep their place in the market. Those required to sign these agreements may include employees, contractors, and consultants."

Remember, you don't have the first clue what you're talking about.

They can sue for breach of contract. And there's a decent chance they'll win.

Your ignorance isn't a legal standard.

Yes, you don't know squat.

Its the same format, same guy, same topic, same suit, same style.....just for a different company.

All while Fox is paying Tucker Carlson as part of his contract with them.

Twitter is selling ad dollars to the same demo as Fox does, competing directly with them.

Remember, you don't know what you're talking about. You don't understand what a non-compete agreement even is.

I know exactly what they are; too bad you have no clue, you're just a parrot. They want to pay him for doing nothing, they're stupid is all. They're just harassing him.

You mean the same format, same suit, same style as every other talking head show in TV history? lol yeah that's 'Speshul'. in other words they have squat, same as you..

I know exactly what they are; too bad you have no clue, you're just a parrot. They want to pay him for doing nothing, they're stupid is all. They're just harassing him.

Dude, you don't even now what a non-compete agreement is. Which is why you keep quoting yourself. If you tried to quote an outside source on non-competes, your entire pseudo-legal gibberish argument falls apart.

You are not labor laws. You citing you isn't labor laws. And your source is terrible....as you don't know what you're talking about.

When you finally sober up, feel free to fuck off.

Then quote the labor laws backing your gibberish on non-compete agreements.

You can't. You're making up your inept babble about a topic you know nothing about, citing only yourself.

Its not hard to find useful information. I'm sure you've already tried.....and failed incompetently. Let me help you out:

"A non-compete agreement is a legal agreement or clause in a contract specifying that an employee must not enter into competition with an employer after the employment period is over. These agreements also prohibit the employee from revealing proprietary information or secrets to any other parties during or after employment."

Dude, you don't even now what a non-compete agreement is. Which is why you keep quoting yourself. If you tried to quote an outside source on non-competes, your entire pseudo-legal gibberish argument falls apart.

You are not labor laws. You citing you isn't labor laws. And your source is terrible....as you don't know what you're talking about.

You're a moron. I get it.

Like this DudleySmith

"Non-compete agreements are contracts between an employer and an employee that are typically signed at the start of their business relationship. Essentially, a non-compete agreement prohibits the employee from competing with the business directly or indirectly for a specific duration of time after their employment has ended."

What non-competes are is not a mystery. Nor is it a particularly difficult concept to wrap one's head around.

You're just aggressively ignorant.

Then quote the labor laws backing your gibberish on non-compete agreements.

You can't. You're making up your inept babble about a topic you know nothing about, citing only yourself.

Its not hard to find useful information. I'm sure you've already tried.....and failed incompetently. Let me help you out:

"A non-compete agreement is a legal agreement or clause in a contract specifying that an employee must not enter into competition with an employer after the employment period is over. These agreements also prohibit the employee from revealing proprietary information or secrets to any other parties during or after employment."

You still don't have a clue. That's because you don't even understand what involuntary termination means, for one, and for two, you don't know they can't lawfully prevent anybody from making a living at their profession. You can't find a case where that has ever happened.

Even if they have continued paying him, does that mean, as a private citizen, he is not allowed to comment on current events on social media?

Especially, if he does not seek, or expect remuneration for that commentary? :dunno:

. . . I realize, most of this, might be hypothetical, most of us are not corporate lawyers, and we do not know the specifics of his contract. . .

(This is why I believe this is a first Amendment issue, and not a media issue.)

:eusa_think:

He wouldn't be a private citizen if he were still under a contract in good standing with Fox. Fox will still have the right to direct his media endeavors to prevent him engaging in efforts that would create a conflict of interest. And you can bet he probably falls under a noncompete clause which have been upheld by the courts.

Laughing.....then show us a credible outside source backing your pseudo-legal gibberish about non-compete agreements.

I'll wait.

Show us why you're stupid. Is the fault of public schools? Did you get hit in the head playing baseball?

You still don't have a clue. That's because you don't even understand what involuntary termination means, for one, and for two, you don't know they can't lawfully prevent anybody from making a living at their profession. You can't find a case where that has ever happened.

Fox is still paying Carlson, friend. He's still under contract until at least 2025.

You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

Show us why you're stupid. Is the fault of public schools? Did you get hit in the head playing baseball?

So, nothing. Just you citing yourself as labor law.

I accept your concession with all the grace and patience it deserves.

He wouldn't be a private citizen if he were still under a contract in good standing with Fox. Fox will still have the right to direct his media endeavors to prevent him engaging in efforts that would create a conflict of interest. And you can bet he probably falls under a noncompete clause which have been upheld by the courts.

The only reason they're still paying him is merely a weak attempt at keeping him from other employment. Almost no court is going to rule he can't seek employment elsewhere, as it is their own refusal to allow him access to practice his profession, no this own actions.

Fox is still paying Carlson, friend. He's still under contract until at least 2025.

You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

A cheap gimmick that won't stand up in court, too bad for you; you don't know anything.

Forum List

Back