FOX's Shep kicks dead celebrity

oldunclemark

Nov 1, 2008
What was he thinking.?

Sheppard Smith suggesting the late Robin Williams might just have been a 'coward' for committing suicide was a new low for on air 'live coverage' on August 11.....

....Maybe someone can smack it into Shep's plastic surgery repaired face that what might be cowardice is to sit behind a microphone and bad mouth a dead man less than 24 hours after his demise in a forum where his family and friends can hear it.

...When networks realize that the answer to all breaking news is NOT to have some high paid blowhard simply ad-lib endlessly while the facts are being uncovered, the better off all news channels will be.

What was he thinking.?

Sheppard Smith suggesting the late Robin Williams might just have been a 'coward' for committing suicide was a new low for on air 'live coverage' on August 11.....

....Maybe someone can smack it into Shep's plastic surgery repaired face that what might be cowardice is to sit behind a microphone and bad mouth a dead man less than 24 hours after his demise in a forum where his family and friends can hear it.

...When networks realize that the answer to all breaking news is NOT to have some high paid blowhard simply ad-lib endlessly while the facts are being uncovered, the better off all news channels will be.

Shepard lost his place in the lineup, and this could be why.

In various discussions of Robin Williams' death I've seen many a person call him a "coward" for committing suicide....Shep isn't alone in that regard. It's mostly the same kind of people who deny that depression is real.

In various discussions of Robin Williams' death I've seen many a person call him a "coward" for committing suicide....Shep isn't alone in that regard. It's mostly the same kind of people who deny that depression is real.

Cheer up...put on a happy face

That is all the help you need

The difference between 'various discussions' and live network TV...is that 'various discussions' are not pumped into millions of homes......

...No one with any sensitivity or character would ever make such a comment ON LIVE TV...
...unless he was simply mumbling and babbling because he had endless time to fill and was trying to add something 'cutting edge' in a 'breaking news' scenario.

The fact that Shep wasn't the only one in the country who said what he said doesn't make him any less of a coward for saying it from the uncritical safety of the uncritical OX studios..

In school, first day of a gen psych course our prof told us the secret a princess who was depressed found out about sending her court all over the world:

This too shall pass.

I don't care about the comment , would be nice to see the guy gone though , I don't like him !!

The difference between 'various discussions' and live network TV...is that 'various discussions' are not pumped into millions of homes......

...No one with any sensitivity or character would ever make such a comment ON LIVE TV...
...unless he was simply mumbling and babbling because he had endless time to fill and was trying to add something 'cutting edge' in a 'breaking news' scenario.

The fact that Shep wasn't the only one in the country who said what he said doesn't make him any less of a coward for saying it from the uncritical safety of the uncritical OX studios..

A link would be nice. Not all of us watch Fox News and didn't see it. I would like to see the context in which these words were spoken, so if you could please provide a link, that would be great.

I don't like him either. He was likely given that promotion because he's gay.

Shepard lost his place in the lineup, and this could be why.[/QUOTE]

He also may have had the thought that criticizing a dead 'Hollywood' star to his friends and family on the FOX News channel would be seem as bold by FOX viewers..

...don't expect him to be suspended like Stephen A Smith

What was he thinking.?

Suicide is a cowardly act.

Rush is doing it too. Of course you expect the drug addicted buffoon to do it. Shep usually tries to show some class.

Shepard lost his place in the lineup, and this could be why.

He also may have had the thought that criticizing a dead 'Hollywood' star to his friends and family on the FOX News channel would be seem as bold by FOX viewers..

...don't expect him to be suspended like Stephen A Smith[/QUOTE]

Shep was the only host that had TWO daily shows. When Shep was promoted to head of the breaking news desk he had to give up one of the shows. That slot was given to Megyn Kelly.

A link would be nice. Not all of us watch Fox News and didn't see it. I would like to see the context in which these words were spoken, so if you could please provide a link, that would be great.
Here you go. It was a very shitty thing to say.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith apologizes for calling Robin Williams a ?coward?* - NY Daily News

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith apologizes for calling Robin Williams a ?coward?* - NY Daily News

I would never apologize for voicing my opinion. Shep is a punk.

If you're alone in life and leave no loved ones or what not behind, it's not cowardly.

If you're leaving loved ones to grieve and suffer because you couldn't deal with your disease, it's partially cowardice.

What was he thinking.?

Suicide is a cowardly act.

Not everyone agrees with you. In fact, most don't.
What we all agree is that its a cowardly, flippant and low character act is to kick a dead man on live TV hours after his death...on a TV station his admirers, friends and family are listening to.

I would never apologize for voicing my opinion. Shep is a punk.
Looks like he's a coward. :lol:

Suicide is a cowardly and selfish act.

It should never be lauded.

I am a great admirer of Robin Williams. He was a genius and I loved his work.

But what he did was sad and desperate. It should never be held up as a model for dealing with depression.

Forum List

Back