France outlaws burkas

You're confused. It's the voice of freedom and you heard it in 1776 when our founding fathers refused tyranny and chose freedom. It probably scares you.

Yea which is why you support government making decisions about what it's citizens wear. It's the voice of irrational fear of an entire group of people that might live right next door to you. That's never worked out well in the past... Uganda, Yugoslavia, Rwanda, the Holocaust, etc.

As opposed to supporting a religion that does the same..and worse? :doubt:

Maybe you have an irrational fear of the French government upholding public standards.

public standards?

nudity, yes...

sex in the park...of course....

but...wearing burkas?.....c'mon...

personally
when I see a muslim woman wearking a burka I think...."what the hell is wrong with that woman? why would she willingly subject herself to such nonsense?"

but laws?

naw......

let the primitives have their traditions.....

You're confused. It's the voice of freedom and you heard it in 1776 when our founding fathers refused tyranny and chose freedom. It probably scares you.

Yea which is why you support government making decisions about what it's citizens wear. It's the voice of irrational fear of an entire group of people that might live right next door to you. That's never worked out well in the past... Uganda, Yugoslavia, Rwanda, the Holocaust, etc.

Maybe you have an irrational fear of the French government upholding public standards.

Who's supporting a religion? All religions have their own standards on how to dress. Nobody in France is forced to muslim, so if you chose to be muslim in a free democratic society your forcing Muslim standards upon yourself as you see fit and that's your business.

As for MUSLIM STATES I most certainly do not support ANY state forcing religious standards on ANYONE. That goes for MUSLIM STATES as much as any other.

My problem is France claiming to be a democracy and picking and chosing what religious standards are acceptable in public and which ones are not.

I wouldn't go, quite frankly.

I don't believe in governments forcing standards (or lack of standards) on people, period.

How about a muslim woman who covers her face when her picture is taken for a driver's licence? How about a muslim woman who covers her face when she is called to testify in court?

You okay with all that?

Of course not. Here's the issue. A drivers licence isn't a right. If you don't want to do what it takes to get a licence because it's against your religion... walk. But women should have the freedom to make that decision to do so if they feel its THAT SERIOUS.

As for testifying in court, nobody has that right, not a muslim woman or a Jewish woman. That's not a specific attack on the Muslim religion it's a general law. I can't testify with a paper bag with two eyeholes cut into it. I can walk out in the street with one. Same concept. This is about rights not privilages.

incorrect. you DO have a right to testify in court if the need arises.

You also do not have the right to walk around with a brown bag over your head in France. See it's not religious, it's just a safety measure, all the security cameras do know good if the operators can't see your face.

How about a muslim woman who covers her face when her picture is taken for a driver's licence? How about a muslim woman who covers her face when she is called to testify in court?

You okay with all that?

Of course not. Here's the issue. A drivers licence isn't a right. If you don't want to do what it takes to get a licence because it's against your religion... walk. But women should have the freedom to make that decision to do so if they feel its THAT SERIOUS.

As for testifying in court, nobody has that right, not a muslim woman or a Jewish woman. That's not a specific attack on the Muslim religion it's a general law. I can't testify with a paper bag with two eyeholes cut into it. I can walk out in the street with one. Same concept. This is about rights not privilages.

You also do not have the right to walk around with a brown bag over your head in France. See it's not religious, it's just a safety measure, all the security cameras do know good if the operators can't see your face.

I meant nobody has the right to testify with their face covered.

Sorry bout that,

1. Oh wow, France is getting wise banning burkas.
2. Call me when they ban islam, when they really wise up.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I meant nobody has the right to testify with their face covered.
Not true.

There has been people who have been allowed to hid their identity by covering their face when testifying against mafia defendants at government trials.

Who's supporting a religion? All religions have their own standards on how to dress. Nobody in France is forced to muslim, so if you chose to be muslim in a free democratic society your forcing Muslim standards upon yourself as you see fit and that's your business.

As for MUSLIM STATES I most certainly do not support ANY state forcing religious standards on ANYONE. That goes for MUSLIM STATES as much as any other.

My problem is France claiming to be a democracy and picking and chosing what religious standards are acceptable in public and which ones are not.

What's so wrong about choosing this standard ?

The bill was passed by 246 votes to 1, which will be reviewed by the Constitutional Council and approved by President Nicolas Sarkozy.

The text makes no mention of Islam, but the France government promoted the law as a means to protect women from being forced to wear niqab.

Once in force, woman who chooses to defy the ban will receive a fine of $200 or a course of citizenship lessons. Also a man who compel woman to go veiled will be fined ($41,000) and serve a jail term.

Many Muslims believe the new law is one more blow of stereotype to France's government and risks raising the level of Islamophobia in the country.

However, the vast majority behind the measure say, it will preserve the nation's singular values and identity.

http://news.oneindia.in/2010/09/15/france-senate-passes-bill-on-burqa-ban.html

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

France is just creating an apartheid system against the muslims.

Much like the Nazis did with the Jews.

Or the south towards blacks before 1861

1. France is just sayin, "You are not welcome here muslims".
2. Why don't the fucking muslims just take the hint and get the fuck out!
3. No one wants muslims all up in thier country!
4. They being the dredges of humanity.
5. If you want to call muslims humans, its debatable.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Good

Did you punish your wife while gone? Wife? It is wife right? Or is it wives?

Wife? It is wife right? Or is it wives?
Yes, as a matter of fact, I am currently seeking a second wife. :cool:

I notice you totally jumped over the question of hitting your wife , again. Why can't you answer that simple question for us?

Forum List

Back