France outlaws burkas

Bottom line is this. All you muslims and useful idiots for Islam are not going to push civilization any further. Enough. Either come into the 21st century or go to some other hell hole that has Sharia law.

notsubmit.jpg

Hmmm... I feel like in my gut there's something terribly wrong with this statement. It's eerily frightening. Like I heard odd statements like it before and it led to something horrific and undeniably disturbing.

Maybe I was a Jew born in Germany in the 1920s in a past life?

Again, should we pass a law against women dressing modestly because they follow ANY religion?

Is this all about modesty? Are you sure? I would think that a pair of jeans, a blouse with long sleeves, and a small scarf would just about be the same as, a muslim sanctioned as modest enough to swim in, a brukini. And this is a far cry from a walking coffin they call a burka.

burkini.jpg

Bottom line is this. All you muslims and useful idiots for Islam are not going to push civilization any further. Enough. Either come into the 21st century or go to some other hell hole that has Sharia law.

notsubmit.jpg

Hmmm... I feel like in my gut there's something terribly wrong with this statement. It's eerily frightening. Like I heard odd statements like it before and it led to something horrific and undeniably disturbing.

If France starts throwing Muslims into the ovens, I will join your protests. ..... Eventually.

I already told you. My wife doesn't ask to do anything. Quite the opposite actually, she is usually telling me what to do lol, and that's fine because my God doesn't command me to remind my wife every five minutes that she is just a woman.
Sounds like a personal problem.

My condolences :doubt:

I have a question for you suni man

do you ever ask your wife's permission to go and do anything out of respect for her? Before you go to drive anywhere do you ask her if it is alright to take the car and go? How about visiting neighbors, do you ask he permission first to go?

The wife has no right to object to her husband owning female slaves or to his having intercourse with them.

Sounds like a personal problem.

My condolences :doubt:

I have a question for you suni man

do you ever ask your wife's permission to go and do anything out of respect for her? Before you go to drive anywhere do you ask her if it is alright to take the car and go? How about visiting neighbors, do you ask he permission first to go?

The wife has no right to object to her husband owning female slaves or to his having intercourse with them.
Ok, so what's the problem??

notsubmit.jpg

You're confused. It's the voice of freedom and you heard it in 1776 when our founding fathers refused tyranny and chose freedom. It probably scares you.

notsubmit.jpg

If France starts throwing Muslims into the ovens, I will join your protests. ..... Eventually.

If they start throwing muslims in the ovens, I'l just say..."Hey, their not all like that". If it's good enough for muslims to tell us that then it's good enough to tell them that.

No. It's the choice of those people to stay in the house rather than leave based upon their insane religious beliefs. Nobody is forcing them to do anything.

France obviously regrets embracing Islam. What a shame it's too late for them to undo it.

I'm truly sorry to hear you say these things, allie....

as an apathetic (atheist?)
I find pretty much all religious adherences/beliefs/traditions to be a little silly
(though I don't actually go around saying that to my religious friends)
but.....

I would NEVER support laws against ANY persons practice of their religion

in fact I would oppose them.

I know (believe) that you are a christian so I would hope/expect you to be more sympathetic with other peoples' religious beliefs.

On the other hand, should your desire for litigation really be more inclined in the direction of EXTREMIST muslims (the america-hating/blaming type) then I can more readily understand.

and ask only that you understand MY fear of BOTH islamic extremists AND christian extemists (or even zoroastrian extremists, if they exist)

we both have a rational fear of EXTREMIST MUSLIMS openly declaring their hatred for America (and Americans) and their desire to cause physical harm and punish us for our "crimes"

perhaps you can understand my fear of EXTREMIST CHRISTIANS who say similiar things about liberals, atheists, homosexuals.....?

Again, should we pass a law against women dressing modestly because they follow ANY religion?

Is this all about modesty? Are you sure? I would think that a pair of jeans, a blouse with long sleeves, and a small scarf would just about be the same as, a muslim sanctioned as modest enough to swim in, a brukini. And this is a far cry from a walking coffin they call a burka.

burkini.jpg

No, I'm not sure at all. That's not for me to be sure about.

I'm not a muslim or a woman. So therefore I can't decide for myself what is modest dress for a muslim woman according to my own interpretation to my own religion.

My religion as I understand it modest dress for women requires them to wear skirts. Some go further and say that they have to be ankle length, some say past the knee. I've been to Apostolic churches where they'd freak out if a woman wasn't wearing a head covering in church. I've been in others where the women could wear pants and not have their heads covered. My mom would always wear a ankle-length dress and a head covering visiting other churches just in case.

Back to the topic though, it's a personal decision. One that government has no business getting into "it's a security risk", just like they have no business getting into the business of a Koran burning pastor because of the "security risk". I think there's a serious question about the role of government here.

notsubmit.jpg

France doesn't have the balls to put anyone in ovens.

I'm talking about the rhetoric about Islamic people being a threat to "civilization". It was the same propoganda that was spewed out about the Jews by Hitler. It is DANGEROUS whenever one group of people is consider a threat to civilization as whole by the masses.

Especially when your f-ing with my health care, my doctor is a muslim and he's pretty damn good at his job. He's hardly a threat to anyone.

burkini.jpg

I'm not a muslim or a woman. So therefore I can't decide for myself what is modest dress for a muslim woman according to my own interpretation to my own religion.

My religion as I understand it modest dress for women requires them to wear skirts. Some go further and say that they have to be ankle length, some say past the knee. I've been to Apostolic churches where they'd freak out if a woman wasn't wearing a head covering in church. I've been in others where the women could wear pants and not have their heads covered. My mom would always wear a ankle-length dress and a head covering visiting other churches just in case.

Back to the topic though, it's a personal decision. One that government has no business getting into "it's a security risk", just like they have no business getting into the business of a Koran burning pastor because of the "security risk". I think there's a serious question about the role of government here.

When a western non-muslim woman is in Saudi Arabia or Iran, she has to cover her head. If you were a woman would you cover your head in those countries?

notsubmit.jpg

You're confused. It's the voice of freedom and you heard it in 1776 when our founding fathers refused tyranny and chose freedom. It probably scares you.

Yea which is why you support government making decisions about what it's citizens wear. It's the voice of irrational fear of an entire group of people that might live right next door to you. That's never worked out well in the past... Uganda, Yugoslavia, Rwanda, the Holocaust, etc.

France doesn't have the balls to put anyone in ovens.

I'm talking about the rhetoric about Islamic people being a threat to "civilization". It was the same propoganda that was spewed out about the Jews by Hitler. It is DANGEROUS whenever one group of people is consider a threat to civilization as whole by the masses.

Especially when your f-ing with my health care, my doctor is a muslim and he's pretty damn good at his job. He's hardly a threat to anyone.

Jews were not threatening the German people with violence if they didn't get their way. Are you really this confused or just desparate to make a point? Either way, you're missing the point entirely.

Yea which is why you support government making decisions about what it's citizens wear. It's the voice of irrational fear of an entire group of people that might live right next door to you. That's never worked out well in the past... Uganda, Yugoslavia, Rwanda, the Holocaust, etc.

Iran tells the women what to wear. Are they the voice of "irrational fear"?

burkini.jpg

When a western non-muslim woman is in Saudi Arabia or Iran, she has to cover her head. If you were a woman would you cover your head in those countries?

I wouldn't go, quite frankly.

I don't believe in governments forcing standards (or lack of standards) on people, period.

Iran tells the women what to wear. Are they the voice of "irrational fear"?

Yes, and an oppressive dictatorship.

I don't believe in governments forcing standards (or lack of standards) on people, period.

How about a muslim woman who covers her face when her picture is taken for a driver's licence? How about a muslim woman who covers her face when she is called to testify in court?

You okay with all that?

As opposed to supporting a religion that does the same..and worse? :doubt:

Maybe you have an irrational fear of the French government upholding public standards.

How about a muslim woman who covers her face when her picture is taken for a driver's licence? How about a muslim woman who covers her face when she is called to testify in court?

You okay with all that?

Of course not. Here's the issue. A drivers licence isn't a right. If you don't want to do what it takes to get a licence because it's against your religion... walk. But women should have the freedom to make that decision to do so if they feel its THAT SERIOUS.

As for testifying in court, nobody has that right, not a muslim woman or a Jewish woman. That's not a specific attack on the Muslim religion it's a general law. I can't testify with a paper bag with two eyeholes cut into it. I can walk out in the street with one. Same concept. This is about rights not privilages.

Forum List

Back