France outlaws burkas

Watch out Con Hog, Sunnidiot fancies himself to be a head case, I mean.......head shrinker.

But, he's about as much of a therapist as Yukon is a priest.

Sounds like a personal problem.

My condolences :doubt:

It's no problem for me. Unlike you, I am not ashamed of the size of my dick and don't feel I need to force my wife to acknowledge t hat I am the man of the house by asking for permission to take a shit to prove I'm a man.
Any man that feels the need to use the words "dick" and "shit" in the same sentence during a general discussion.

Has a deep psychological problem and needs professional help. :eek:

Ever hear the term Freudian slip ConHog ???

Ever heard the term spousal abuse ? I'm sure that much like your buddy Kalam you consider your wife to be your property and thus available for you to treat anyway you like, but that isn't the case.

I have a question for you suni man

do you ever ask your wife's permission to go and do anything out of respect for her? Before you go to drive anywhere do you ask her if it is alright to take the car and go? How about visiting neighbors, do you ask he permission first to go?
No, why would I ???

Ever hear of a thing called "mutual respect"?

I hear it's pretty popular in most relationships here in America.
I respect her greatly and think she is the best and most beautiful woman in the world. :eusa_angel:

Watch out Con Hog, Sunnidiot fancies himself to be a head case, I mean.......head shrinker.

I aint worried about Sunni. I'm not a 5'4" 120 lbs Muslim woman who has been raised to allow some douchebag to abuse her. So like most cowards Sunni will recognize that I am not a target he wants to tangle with.

I aint worried about Sunni. I'm not a 5'4" 120 lbs Muslim woman who has been raised to allow some douchebag to abuse her. So like most cowards Sunni will recognize that I am not a target he wants to tangle with.
Well, I can see this is going down hill fast.

When CornHole starts over compensating with macho rants to cover up his gay tendencies. :lol:

When CornHole starts over compensating with macho rants to cover up his gay tendencies. :lol:

I'm obviously not gay; but that does bring up another question I have about your cult. Why is there such a renowned epidemic of homosexuality among the Taliban who claim to be the strictest and most spiritual of all the Muslims?

I'm obviously not gay; but that does bring up another question I have about your cult. Why is there such a renowned epidemic of homosexuality among the Taliban who claim to be the strictest and most spiritual of all the Muslims?

On a strange side note, yes actually, I've heard that about the Taliban and about the Janjaweed as well in Sudan.

Odd. But has absolutely nothing to do with Burqas in France.

I never heard anything about it.

But, obviously it is a major topic of discussion between you and and your very close friends.

CornHole, thinking about joining the Taliban since you found out that you both have a shared interest? :razz:

On the topic at hand though, I find it offensive that those women who choose to wear burka's as a matter of their faith for the reason of modesty are called "brainwashed".

You can walk down the street and see women wearing almost nothing and nobody calls them "brainwashed".

I grew up Apostolic and the women in my family all as a matter of faith all wear skirts and dresses that usually go down to the ankle, instead of pants. They've been called brainwashed and "oppressed" as well. It's just as demeaning to force a woman to do something as it is to accuse women who make a conscious choice to wear a certain item of clothing "brainwashed". As if they can't think for themselves.

Fact is we all have our relgious convictions. Life is easier when we accept people's convictions and move on with our lives. The Burka is no more dangerous then a random guy in a trench coat. Truth be told the ONLY reason this is even being supported by the so-called "constitutionalist" neo-cons is because of their serious disdain for Muslims.

Like I said we could never have a law like this in America, because it's America, and the fact that rights triumph the silly fear of women in burkas. Unfortunetly there are still those hear that would have it that those rights be taken. Thank God most Americans don't think like them.

On the topic at hand though, I find it offensive that those women who choose to wear burka's as a matter of their faith for the reason of modesty are called "brainwashed".

You can walk down the street and see women wearing almost nothing and nobody calls them "brainwashed".

I grew up Apostolic and the women in my family all as a matter of faith all wear skirts and dresses that usually go down to the ankle, instead of pants. They've been called brainwashed and "oppressed" as well. It's just as demeaning to force a woman to do something as it is to accuse women who make a conscious choice to wear a certain item of clothing "brainwashed". As if they can't think for themselves.

Fact is we all have our relgious convictions. Life is easier when we accept people's convictions and move on with our lives. The Burka is no more dangerous then a random guy in a trench coat. Truth be told the ONLY reason this is even being supported by the so-called "constitutionalist" neo-cons is because of their serious disdain for Muslims.

Like I said we could never have a law like this in America, because it's America, and the fact that rights triumph the silly fear of women in burkas. Unfortunetly there are still those hear that would have it that those rights be taken. Thank God most Americans don't think like them.

I think you're wrong about that. I bet a law against Burkas would win in a landslide. Their is a legitimate safety concern.

I think you're wrong about that. I bet a law against Burkas would win in a landslide. Their is a legitimate safety concern.

Believe me, it will never even be brought before our congress. There's no reason. Maybe in a state legislature in a state like Kansas or North Dakota to make a silly point, but nowhere were there are actually muslims to piss off.

And no, there isn't a legitimate safety concern. Even if there was the fact is life is dangerous the law cannot step on our civil liberties in the name of "security". That's lunacy and if you take one right in the name of "security" it creates a precedent through which more can be taken. We can't say what the government will draw the line at if they can decide what we can wear Mr. Conservative.

Believe me, it will never even be brought before our congress. There's no reason. Maybe in a state legislature in a state like Kansas or North Dakota to make a silly point, but nowhere were there are actually muslims to piss off.

And no, there isn't a legitimate safety concern. Even if there was the fact is life is dangerous the law cannot step on our civil liberties in the name of "security". That's lunacy and if you take one right in the name of "security" it creates a precedent through which more can be taken. We can't say what the government will draw the line at if they can decide what we can wear Mr. Conservative.

Got news for you. It's already been done. Care to guess what you can and can not wear or possess if you want to fly? The door is open.

Got news for you. It's already been done. Care to guess what you can and can not wear or possess if you want to fly? The door is open.

Flying is one thing. Walking outside is another. Wanna try again?

I still think that practice is rediculous now too, especially since we've got those "full body scanners" now.:lol:

Flying is one thing. Walking outside is another. Wanna try again?

I still think that practice is rediculous now too, especially since we've got those "full body scanners" now.:lol:

That may be so,but an open door is an open door.

:lol: Sounds like they're saying citizenship requires face-to-face communication in public places, we won't physically force you to remove your face covering, but we retain the authority to fine you for doing it and send you to citizenship class...And they also establish their government authority supersedes any religious authority of men requiring women to do so.
I really can't argue with your last sentence...and yet...why make a law forbidding one group of people from demanding another group of people wear veils? It isn't a real crime, after all. Is it?

:confused:

I've seen several references today that there are only around two thousand out of approximately five million French Muslims who actually wear this type of face covering in public places. Even though I have seen some quotes by one or two of them stating they will defy this law and cover their faces anyway, I can imagine there may be hundreds if not thousands or even millions of Muslim women around the world who may be relieved to see a government authority assert itself in this manner.

Basically France is saying hey, as a free country we're not going to just standby and allow people to be oppressed in the name of religion...Citizenship requires face-to-face communication in public places for all equally.

Sounds like a personal problem.

My condolences :doubt:

I have a question for you suni man

do you ever ask your wife's permission to go and do anything out of respect for her? Before you go to drive anywhere do you ask her if it is alright to take the car and go? How about visiting neighbors, do you ask he permission first to go?
No, why would I ???

Try really hard and think about that one.

:lol: Sounds like they're saying citizenship requires face-to-face communication in public places, we won't physically force you to remove your face covering, but we retain the authority to fine you for doing it and send you to citizenship class...And they also establish their government authority supersedes any religious authority of men requiring women to do so.
I really can't argue with your last sentence...and yet...why make a law forbidding one group of people from demanding another group of people wear veils? It isn't a real crime, after all. Is it?

I've seen several references today that there are only around two thousand out of approximately five million French Muslims who actually wear this type of face covering in public places. Even though I have seen some quotes by one or two of them stating they will defy this law and cover their faces anyway, I can imagine there may be hundreds if not thousands or even millions of Muslim women around the world who may be relieved to see a government authority assert itself in this manner.

I highly doubt it. This isn't an attack on people being forced on doing things this is a measure to make silly people feel safer because muslims can't wear burkas, which means nothing... remember the shoe bomber? Thank God that didn't happen in France or Muslims wouldn't be allowed to wear shoes.

Truth be told if they'd have passed a law against all clothing that covers the face and full body it'd be a different issue, they banned the burka, it was directly aimed at the religion so there won't be alot of happy campers within the muslim world period, for the burka or not.

Basically France is saying hey, as a free country we're not going to just standby and allow people to be oppressed in the name of religion...Citizenship requires face-to-face communication in public places for all equally.

Look you can say this is for security reasons and that argument might hold some water, but it's a huge insult to the intelligence of those women who do wear burkas out of religious conviction to say that your passing a law because it's oppressive.

Again, should we pass a law against women dressing modestly because they follow ANY religion?

No. It's so sad that conservatives becomes liberals when people they don't like are threatened.

Bottom line is this. All you muslims and useful idiots for Islam are not going to push civilization any further. Enough. Either come into the 21st century or go to some other hell hole that has Sharia law.

notsubmit.jpg

I highly doubt it. This isn't an attack on people being forced on doing things this is a measure to make silly people feel safer because muslims can't wear burkas, which means nothing... remember the shoe bomber? Thank God that didn't happen in France or Muslims wouldn't be allowed to wear shoes.

Truth be told if they'd have passed a law against all clothing that covers the face and full body it'd be a different issue, they banned the burka, it was directly aimed at the religion so there won't be alot of happy campers within the muslim world period, for the burka or not.

Look you can say this is for security reasons and that argument might hold some water, but it's a huge insult to the intelligence of those women who do wear burkas out of religious conviction to say that your passing a law because it's oppressive.

They are still free to talk about it at Citizen class! :lol: I bet there will always be an avenue for women to ultimately express their freedom in France.

Forum List

Back