🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Frank lautenberg

Lautenberg, the last WWII vet to serve in the Senate, died from viral pneumonia.

Lautenberg was best known for turning law-abiding Americans into felons with the stroke of a pen.

When I filed for divorce a long time ago, the judge handed out routine restraining orders to me and my (now ex-) wife, saying each could not harass, attack, badmouth, commit violence etc. against the other. We both pointed out that there had never been the sightest hint of violence, threat etc. in our marriage. But the judge replied that these orders were routine in divorce cases and would have no real effect in the majority of cases.

I became a felon at that moment. A law sponsored by Frank Lautenberg and passed in 1996, forbids anyone who is under a restraining order that mentions "domestic violence", from owning a gun or even ammunition. I don't know how many thousdands of other people were similarly turned into felons by Mr. Lautenberg. At the same time, thousands of cops had to give up their service revolvers and get stuck on desk jobs.

When the divorce became final, the judge rescinded the orders, again routinely. My son lived with me for the next ten years. I taught him gun safety, how to shoot, how to care for weapons etc. He graduates from Univ. of Calif. next week.

Seven years after the orders were rescinded, the Statues of Limitations on my "crime" finally ran out.

BTW, the People's Republic of California recently passed laws authorizing police to go to the houses of felons in possession of firearms - even people who legally acquired their firearms but later became "felons" - raid their homes, and confiscate all firearms they could find.

I'm glad that Lautenberg is no longer in a position to make felons out of Americans who have done no wrong.

It not only affected cops but military also. Dumbest law ever and it's still on the books.

Wasn't "dumb" at all.

Probably saved the lives of countless women.

Bullshit. As a former abused woman, I say bullshit. If someone wants to get a gun and shoot their former partner, no Lautenberg Amendment is going to prevent them from doing it.

Anyone with a MISDEMEANOR domestic violence conviction, no matter how minor the incident, no matter that no gun was involved, loses their right to own a gun for THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. Even if it's their first offense and only offense in their entire lives.

A lot of people don't realize that...it's not only felons who can't own guns.

My only regret is that he didn't die before he pushed the Lautenberg Amendment through.

Lautenberg, the last WWII vet to serve in the Senate, died from viral pneumonia.

Lautenberg was best known for turning law-abiding Americans into felons with the stroke of a pen.

When I filed for divorce a long time ago, the judge handed out routine restraining orders to me and my (now ex-) wife, saying each could not harass, attack, badmouth, commit violence etc. against the other. We both pointed out that there had never been the sightest hint of violence, threat etc. in our marriage. But the judge replied that these orders were routine in divorce cases and would have no real effect in the majority of cases.

I became a felon at that moment. A law sponsored by Frank Lautenberg and passed in 1996, forbids anyone who is under a restraining order that mentions "domestic violence", from owning a gun or even ammunition. I don't know how many thousdands of other people were similarly turned into felons by Mr. Lautenberg. At the same time, thousands of cops had to give up their service revolvers and get stuck on desk jobs.

When the divorce became final, the judge rescinded the orders, again routinely. My son lived with me for the next ten years. I taught him gun safety, how to shoot, how to care for weapons etc. He graduates from Univ. of Calif. next week.

Seven years after the orders were rescinded, the Statues of Limitations on my "crime" finally ran out.

BTW, the People's Republic of California recently passed laws authorizing police to go to the houses of felons in possession of firearms - even people who legally acquired their firearms but later became "felons" - raid their homes, and confiscate all firearms they could find.

I'm glad that Lautenberg is no longer in a position to make felons out of Americans who have done no wrong.

It not only affected cops but military also. Dumbest law ever and it's still on the books.

Wasn't "dumb" at all.

Which is completely unjustifiable if it infringed on the rights of a countless number of innocent others.

Plenty of women are killed by men with a beef against them. It generally starts with a restraining order.

Taking a person's gun away, has zero effect to them..and may actually save lives.

The "right" itself is bullshit. It's been corrupted beyond original intent for well over 2 centuries.

BAM! And there you have it, folks. If you're wondering why we're gradually losing our rights in this country you need only thank this oppressive, authoritarian ass clown trying to pass himself off as some compassionate caring "liberal." Funny how the very same people who claim to be the big kahunas on civil rights have no problem trying to take them away.

Do explain to us, oh enlightened one, how taking a person's gun away leaving them far more defenseless against an intruder and/or attacker has "zero effect" on them. Please explain to us, oh wise oracle, how if two weeks after an innocent individual has their gun confiscated by the authorities due to one of these automatic PFAs and an armed intruder enters their house in the middle of the night who now has the upper hand since they've been disarmed has "zero effect" on them.

Obviously, you had no issue with Jim Crow laws that infringed on the rights of people to vote because as you just stated, taking a away someone's Constitutional rights has zero effect on them. Of course, that was your political party that did that so why would you have a problem with it?

The right to defend one's own life and the life of his family is not bullshit. It's your irresponsible, dangerous, and very offensive opinion that is bullshit. The only people who have corrupted the Second Amendment are bed wetting Nazis like you who are scared shitless of your own shadow. Third world dictators and tyrants around the world just love people like you so sleep well at night knowing that's who you've made your bed with, Chicken Little.

Last edited:
Wasn't "dumb" at all.

Bullshit, you don't take someone's rights for nothing. A judge simply issuing a restraining order is not a conviction. If a person violates the order, that's a different ball game all together. If you can't see the difference then you're part of the problem.

Plenty of women are killed by men with a beef against them. It generally starts with a restraining order.

Taking a person's gun away, has zero effect to them..and may actually save lives.

The "right" itself is bullshit. It's been corrupted beyond original intent for well over 2 centuries.

And the vast majority of them are usually killed with something other than a gun. Thanks for verifying you're part of the problem.

Wasn't "dumb" at all.

Which is completely unjustifiable if it infringed on the rights of a countless number of innocent others.

In the "mind" of a moonbat, everything is justifiable if the ends are met.

Specifically disarming people.

In this day and age men are falsely accused of DV by vindictive bitches who know they can destroy the man's life. Particularly if he's a soldier or a cop.

I know a guy who barely managed to shake a phony charge. The reason why the succubus made the claim? She was an illegal alien, and after she found out her man's veteran status couldn't help her, she found out that being a "victim" of DV would give her amnesty.

Another "great moonbat idea" of the late senator, piss be with him.

So even though he called the cops because she was out of control, and the responding officers let him go, some slimy female hispanic "detective" picked up the case and charged him. He ended up loosing almost everything, and barely came out with his career intact.

I loathe a son of a bitch who gets physically oppressive with a woman, by any standard. These weak little men should've been castrated. I find it just as contemptible that there are women who make false accusations. This wouldn't be a problem if this commie asshole from NJ didn't come up with this stupid law.

Ladies, if you have a "man" who beats you, either get out of the relationship, shoot the bastard, or STFU.

Forum List

Back