Fraternity Marches Through Ongoing Gang War To End Violence In Chicago

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
The only way, the only way to end this massacre of young black kids in any urban city, blight of jobs, opportunity and hope is to reach this kids before they hit the streets of no return. We have got to invest in after school programs, mentoring programs and educating young women on not having babies so young. 99% of all these kids going bad all are products of young mothers and absent fathers..until that trend ends, nothing will stave off this ongoing non ending streaks of violence in black communities.

But last weekend, the men of Alpha Phi Alpha, a historically black intercollegiate fraternity, proved this is not the case.

Nearly 300 men marched in the freezing rain and snow in Chicago's Chatham neighborhood on Saturday to demand an end to violence in their community.

what an awesome story! I hope they keep it up, and this spreads to other coommunities.

But last weekend, the men of Alpha Phi Alpha, a historically black intercollegiate fraternity, proved this is not the case.

Nearly 300 men marched in the freezing rain and snow in Chicago's Chatham neighborhood on Saturday to demand an end to violence in their community.

what an awesome story! I hope they keep it up, and this spreads to other coommunities.

Listen, marching back in the day, got us the vote, the end to segregation, etc....because white people needed us back then...they don't need us today and all the marching in the world isn't gonna solve jack shit. Those fraternities need to start mentoring programs to reach these boys before they hit the streets and I'm talking 2nd grade. Every college in this country that has a black fraternity, should have a mentor program for all its members and at least twice a week they all should embark on community services and partner with the schools. My sons did this and hopefully the kids they touched are doing well today.

Inner city kids need things to do. While kids of means head off to the vacation spots during the holidays and summer, inner city poor kids head to the streets...no summer jobs, no summer programs, no parents at home, no money to do anything....that's why the streets have all the power and that's why these kids roll in that direction.

We can keep our heads in the sand and think this shit is gonna go away or we can invest in what may turn out to be our savior. I know for a fact, when I was a kid, the summer job programs kept my generation off the streets and making coins. The summer camps, the programs the city had...all kept us out of trouble....and I grew up in the projects.

Yes, because the causes on MUCH HATRED and DISCOURSE have now left the PIMP WARS...Perhaps something can now be accomplished!

Jackson And Sharpton Now Hustling For Syrian Refugees ...
downtrend.com/.../jackson-and-sharpton-now-hustling-for-syrian-refuge...
3 days ago - In separate but equally insane schemes, Jesse Jackson and Al ... The Imam thinks anyone who is critical of Muslim refugees should get the f*ck ...

Listen, marching back in the day, got us the vote, the end to segregation, etc....because white people needed us back then...they don't need us today and all the marching in the world isn't gonna solve jack shit. Those fraternities need to start mentoring programs to reach these boys before they hit the streets and I'm talking 2nd grade. Every college in this country that has a black fraternity, should have a mentor program for all its members and at least twice a week they all should embark on community services and partner with the schools. My sons did this and hopefully the kids they touched are doing well today.

Inner city kids need things to do. While kids of means head off to the vacation spots during the holidays and summer, inner city poor kids head to the streets...no summer jobs, no summer programs, no parents at home, no money to do anything....that's why the streets have all the power and that's why these kids roll in that direction.

We can keep our heads in the sand and think this shit is gonna go away or we can invest in what may turn out to be our savior. I know for a fact, when I was a kid, the summer job programs kept my generation off the streets and making coins. The summer camps, the programs the city had...all kept us out of trouble....and I grew up in the projects.
Ohhh. So you want the minimum wage lowered and child labor laws changed.

Yes I agree that would help a lot.

Forum List

Back