Free Voter ID Cards

Only if you are a moron. Rational people fix things...and prioritize their fixes to get the most fix for their efforts, rather than putzing around with minor issues while the major issues fester and grow.

The 80/20 rule applies...but of course you probably don't even know what that is.

And how exactly is the democratic party prioritizing this problem ? Last on their list ?

You have a hard time understanding what you read, don't you. If you want to beat up on the worthless democrats and ignore the stupidity of your own party, have at it. I wouldn't want to interfere with partisan political hacks doing what they do best....which is fiddling while the country burns.

What's with the personal insults ? I don't see them as necessary in this discussion and they certainly don't alter the validity of my point. I have no party. You have mistakenly assumed I am a member of one. I simply want to know the liberal position on voting. Should voters be responsible for verifying their identity and qualifications for voting purposes or not ?

I can give you a moderate position on that. Do your verification with the voter registration process. For free. You can even start putting photos on the voter registration cards if you think that helps.
I think the Voter Registration card should be an all purpose ID card. For that reason, a thumb print should be on the card as well. Picture ID with thumb print. Signature. Fail proof.

Well, I have a hard time calling anything "fail proof," but I do think it would accomplish everything these redundant voter ID cards would and eliminating the redundancy reduces costs as well.

Only if you are a moron. Rational people fix things...and prioritize their fixes to get the most fix for their efforts, rather than putzing around with minor issues while the major issues fester and grow.

The 80/20 rule applies...but of course you probably don't even know what that is.

And how exactly is the democratic party prioritizing this problem ? Last on their list ?

You have a hard time understanding what you read, don't you. If you want to beat up on the worthless democrats and ignore the stupidity of your own party, have at it. I wouldn't want to interfere with partisan political hacks doing what they do best....which is fiddling while the country burns.

What's with the personal insults ? I don't see them as necessary in this discussion and they certainly don't alter the validity of my point. I have no party. You have mistakenly assumed I am a member of one. I simply want to know the liberal position on voting. Should voters be responsible for verifying their identity and qualifications for voting purposes or not ?

I can give you a moderate position on that. Do your verification with the voter registration process. For free. You can even start putting photos on the voter registration cards if you think that helps.
I think the Voter Registration card should be an all purpose ID card. For that reason, a thumb print should be on the card as well. Picture ID with thumb print. Signature. Fail proof.

Chipping would be better yet...no cards, can be scanned from a distance, can be used to ID you for everything and even eliminate the need for cash and credit cards! That's what some of you really want it seems...based on your arguments over this minor issue in the grand scheme of voter fraud.

Again, I have no problem with people having to prove who they are when they vote...99 percent of the time they do and the one percent that do not are not statistically significant compared to the ability to do massive fraud via electronic and online polling, as well as other more traditional low-tech means to steal an election. I don't understand why you all obsess over this nimby shit and ignore the big shit.

If this little nimby shit is so nimby how about we quickly resolve it so we can progress on to dealing with the big shit that you speak of. Perhaps the nimby shit protects the large fraudsters by deflecting the spotlight. A libertarian who suggests chipping as a solution ? Surely you jest.

Chipping would be better yet...no cards, can be scanned from a distance, can be used to ID you for everything and even eliminate the need for cash and credit cards! That's what some of you really want it seems...based on your arguments over this minor issue in the grand scheme of voter fraud.
If this little nimby shit is so nimby how about we quickly resolve it so we can progress on to dealing with the big shit that you speak of. Perhaps the nimby shit protects the large fraudsters by deflecting the spotlight. A libertarian who suggests chipping as a solution ? Surely you jest.

Because if you want to actually accomplish something you start by addressing the issues that make the most difference, not with the nimby shit. But hey, if you want to pass a law outlawing matches while the fire burns down your home, have at it. It makes you look like a liberal tho.

I am not surprised that you are too dim to detect sarcasm when it comes to chipping, toots.

1146520_10152889984927625_4423888778543033566_n.jpg

If it were just the push for ID cards, or even making voters pay for the ID cards ...
But when you throw in how some are cutting back on early voting and closing polling places in areas that tend to vote in a way they don't like, you get a clear picture of vote suppression.

maybe not ..

(Harvard Law)

In sum, voter IDs are expensive, often prohibitively so.7 And their costs can produce the

constitutionally impermissible effect of abridging or denying individual citizens their right
to vote. The total costs to citizens in all voter ID states for “free” IDs, plus state government
expenses for producing those “free” IDs, can reach into the multiple $100s of millions.

typical Republicans ... bitch about spending money, then step on their dress trying to find their purse.

http://today.law.harvard.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FullReportVoterIDJune20141.pdf

Typical Democrat liar. Every State that required an ID provides a free ID. There is no cost.

It is essentially the same thing - a fee, tax whatever you want to call it - to vote.

If silly semantics is all you have - you really don't have much do you?

Name a State that requires an ID to vote that doesn't provide a free ID to vote.

Because if you want to actually accomplish something you start by addressing the issues that make the most difference, not with the nimby shit. But hey, if you want to pass a law outlawing matches while the fire burns down your home, have at it. It makes you look like a liberal tho.

I am not surprised that you are too dim to detect sarcasm when it comes to chipping, toots.

Then find a thread that deals with your BIG ISSUES. This thread happens to be about the voter ID issue which you obviously feel is small potatoes. I guess you just stopped by to troll instead of discussing your BIG ISSUES. Quit being ass and go productive somewhere that you think is worth your effort.

maybe not ..

(Harvard Law)

In sum, voter IDs are expensive, often prohibitively so.7 And their costs can produce the

constitutionally impermissible effect of abridging or denying individual citizens their right
to vote. The total costs to citizens in all voter ID states for “free” IDs, plus state government
expenses for producing those “free” IDs, can reach into the multiple $100s of millions.

typical Republicans ... bitch about spending money, then step on their dress trying to find their purse.

http://today.law.harvard.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FullReportVoterIDJune20141.pdf

Typical Democrat liar. Every State that required an ID provides a free ID. There is no cost.

ok, fine, anything you say, anything you are willing to believe, after all, you are the IDIOT.

It is essentially the same thing - a fee, tax whatever you want to call it - to vote.

If silly semantics is all you have - you really don't have much do you?

Name a State that requires an ID to vote that doesn't provide a free ID to vote.
Name a state that requires an ID to vote that has stopped voter fraud because of Voter ID. Give us a link to Voter ID successfully catching a fraudster. Surely, after all these years and all the Voter ID states, you can find ONE.

Ohio has Voter ID. Since 2006. And yet that darkie bitch managed to vote SIX TIMES for Obama i nOhio. You know who I'm talking about. You guys love plastering her photo in these topics.

You want fraud, obviously. You want all that taxpayer money wasted on "free" ID cards so it can't be spent on things that would have prevented that woman from voting SIX TIMES for Obama.

You want fraud to continue.

Last edited:

Then find a thread that deals with your BIG ISSUES. This thread happens to be about the voter ID issue which you obviously feel is small potatoes. I guess you just stopped by to troll instead of discussing your BIG ISSUES. Quit being ass and go productive somewhere that you think is worth your effort.

You're the one who asked the unrelated question about age-check, toots...which was answered. The ass is where your head is firmly encased.

Are we seriously trying to use India as some kind of voting role model? :lol:

I'll betcha every voter in Syria, Russia and Iran has an ID too..and we can only hope to mimic their national elections where the winner gets like 80% of the vote, right?

Name a state that requires an ID to vote that has stopped voter fraud because of Voter ID. Give us a link to Voter ID successfully catching a fraudster. Surely, after all these years and all the Voter ID states, you can find ONE.

Ohio has Voter ID. Since 2006. And yet that darkie bitch managed to vote SIX TIMES for Obama i nOhio. You know who I'm talking about.

You want fraud, obviously. You want all that taxpayer money wasted on "free" ID cards so it can't be spent on things that would have prevented that woman from voting SIX TIMES for Obama.

You want fraud to continue.

Wow, talk about a tortured argument.

I'll betcha every voter in Syria, Russia and Iran has an ID too..and we can only hope to mimic their national elections where the winner gets like 80% of the vote, right?

The point being Mr. Daly, is that if people who earn less than $1.25 a day can afford an ID, people getting welfare and SS checks can get them too. Trust me, a lot of people in India would love to be given money out of thin air.

This is nothing to make light of.

The point being Mr. Daly, is that if people who earn less than $1.25 a day can afford an ID, people getting welfare and SS checks can get them too. Trust me, a lot of people in India would love to be given money out of thin air.

This is nothing to make light of.

The whole purpose of liberal entitlements is they don't need to appreciate an of it.

Forum List

Back