Freedom in the United States

Another piece of right wing research from the Mercatus Center, founded and funded by the Koch brothers, a conservative think tank, described as ground zero for deregulation policy in Washington, especially environmental regulations.

Nothing like having non-biased sources.

Strange, but I would think that all federal environmetal regulations, like all other federal regulations, apply to all states equally, and would not be factors in selection of where one would be freer.

And, since freedom, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, the factors that were used to make the determinations are clearly delineated in the study. Perhaps you should just suck up your disappointment, and cease attempting to invalidate the information offered.

The greater public good ends at the tip of my nose, and six inches away from my wallet. All forms of evil have been engineered against humanity in the name of the greater public good. Millions of people have been exterminated in the name of the greater public good.

You're a part of that public. So, health concerns like food safety, pollution controls, disease prevention, etc are all issues you and your family shouldn't take so lightly.

Concern for the general welfare of the public does not have a damn thing to do with the greater public good. Someday, you should attempt to comprehend what those three words actually mean, and why it is not the same as general public welfare.

Hint: "General" means all, while "greater" means more than half.

The greater public good, of course, means what's better for a larger number of people as a whole as opposed to what's in the best interest of a fewer number of people. In the case of public health and safety, that is exactly what the general welfare encompasses since even the more privileged people among us can be negatively affected by illness.

You're a part of that public. So, health concerns like food safety, pollution controls, disease prevention, etc are all issues you and your family shouldn't take so lightly.

Concern for the general welfare of the public does not have a damn thing to do with the greater public good. Someday, you should attempt to comprehend what those three words actually mean, and why it is not the same as general public welfare.

The greater public good, of course, means what's better for a larger number of people as a whole as opposed to what's in the best interest of a fewer number of people. In the case of public health and safety, that is exactly what the general welfare encompasses since even the more privileged people among us can be negatively affected by illness.

This country was not built on the principle of the greater public good, or what is better for the majority of citizens. All citizens are equal under the law, and some are not sacrificial lambs for the benefit of the majority. Public health is general welfare, and is either available to all citizens equally, or is a cancer on the Constitution.

The phrase "greater public good", is an expression of taking from one for the benefit of one or more others. Taking taxes, land, or other private property from those who own it, for the benefit of some, but not all, is an evil carried out under the stupid guise of the greater public good, and eventually leads to confiscation of all private property from those not politically connected.

Really? Where does it say Greater Good here:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

or here:

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence[note 1] and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States"

?

and from the website -

We happily concede that different people value aspects of freedom differently. You can personalize the ranking and pick and choose which aspects of freedom you value and see how the states stack up.

You can also click to see how they ranked them and see if any of those things you find to be incorrect, feel free to let us know here. Great way to air differences in opinion.

That sounds pretty honest and straight forward.

I thought so too.

LOL. And I live in Portland, Oregon, and we do pretty much what we like, irregardless of whether it is considered conservative or liberal.

And people like you would go nuts here.

Every time you use the 'word' "irregardless" you should smash one of your fingers with a hammer. You'll thank me later.
This is a conservative think tank study. Most of the study addresses, state fiscal policy, taxes, and regulations. Only 1/3 of study addresses personal freedoms such as the typical right wing agenda, gun control and school choice.

Another piece of right wing research from the Mercatus Center, founded and funded by the Koch brothers, a conservative think tank, described as ground zero for deregulation policy in Washington, especially environmental regulations.

Nothing like having non-biased sources.

Other then that is what is a standard knee jerk talking point what is the alleged motive of the Koch brothers? Why would they even care about such stuff? The map looks fairly accurate to me considering the criteria. Being 1 one doesn't make them gulag someone has to be number one.

LOL. And I live in Portland, Oregon, and we do pretty much what we like, irregardless of whether it is considered conservative or liberal.

And people like you would go nuts here.

Every time you use the 'word' "irregardless" you should smash one of your fingers with a hammer. You'll thank me later.

I think they were talking about freedom of spelling in Oregon.

Forum List

Back