Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

Let's hear from the Phil defenders on this whose-rights-are-whose episode:

Christian Pastor Defrocked After Officiating Gay Son’s Wedding

"NORRISTOWN, Pa. (TheBlaze/AP) — A pastor from central Pennsylvania was defrocked by United Methodist church officials on Thursday after officiating his son’s gay wedding — an action that ran counter to the denomination’s central beliefs..."

I was especially struck by this line in the article:

"Jurors who convicted Schaefer in a church trial last month..."

Did what? In a what? lol, if I might paraphrase the classic Monty Python line...

"Nobody expects the Methodist Inquisition!"

Christian Pastor Defrocked After Officiating Gay Son?s Wedding | TheBlaze.com

So, let's hear it...

The funny thing about all these yahoos sniveling about Phil the Bigot being suspended for his comments to a magazine (not for his religious beliefs) is that most of them want private companies to be able to fire me just because I'm gay. Not for anything I say and do at work, but for just being gay.

Irony hung itself in a closet.

First for those insisting on him being racist, from his GQ interview:

Phil On Growing Up in Pre-Civil-Rights-Era Louisiana
“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Gives Drew Magary a Tour

For those insisting he's a bigot:

“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

Now can all of you knee jerk reactionary liberals shut your traps? For the love of pete, you guys can be so infuriating. None of you read the interview, making unfounded assumptions about the man. What is wrong with you?!

I said bigot, not racist. He's a bigot.

Yeah, if you read what he said, he isn't one to judge, whatever failing a person has, it is between them and god. His job is to spread the gospel. Second, he tilled the fields with blacks, he never once slandered them.

So yes, I agree, simply because unlike the lot of you, I did read the GQ interview.

He said blacks were happier in the pre-civil rights era.

From my personal observation, and I lived in Harlem pre civil rights, they WERE! In the face of serious discrimination (although they really didn't have a lot of discrimination in New York City) they had a joy in life, an integrity and yes, I would say even a nobility that they lost. Pre civil rights black families were strong, dad raised his children and they were happier with the support of mom, dad and grandparents. They went to church, they helped one another through the hard times and shared in the good. Crime was very low in black neighborhoods. Lower than in white neighborhoods and way lower than in Irish neighborhoods.

What do they have today, an unbelievable abortion rate, crime off the charts, black babies shot in their cribs by black men driving by? Black cities are failures. Years of entitlements have resulted in a towering resentment that there isn't more.

It would be interesting to get more personal stories and talk about the misery index among the black people. What a disservice we have heaped upon them! The entire family structure has been destroyed. But some is the culture of society in general. A lot to talk about.

We certainly went wrong somewhere. Not just for one part of the population but for the general population. It just seems as though the black population experienced a more concentrated demise.

The funny thing about all these yahoos sniveling about Phil the Bigot being suspended for his comments to a magazine (not for his religious beliefs) is that most of them want private companies to be able to fire me just because I'm gay. Not for anything I say and do at work, but for just being gay.

“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

Now can all of you knee jerk reactionary liberals shut your traps? For the love of pete, you guys can be so infuriating. None of you read the interview, making unfounded assumptions about the man. What is wrong with you?!

For what? Defying your preconceived notions of what the Bible teaches?

Do I really need to explain to you what pre-Civil Rights America was like for blacks? We are talking open terrorist attacks that were protected by the Government

And you bitch about Obamaphones?

I didn't say anything about Obamaphones...

And how would you know what it was like for pre Civil Rights era African Americans? My great grandfather took in blacks to work on his field for room and board, and a good home cooked meal from my great grandmother. My grandmother has told me numerous stories from her days on the farm about how she and her parents bucked the trend in rural Georgia and treated black people with dignity, a good 25 years before the Civil Rights movement began.

You can't assume to know the first thing about that era. Frankly I have you trumped. I've got people in my family who lived it.

Your quote
Are things better today? With all the affirmative action, all the quotas, all the welfare, all the free obamaphones

You should be very proud of your family. But never forget, blacks were required to know their place. Yes, they could work for a white family and be treated fairly. But if they ever tried to act equal or superior to whites they were quickly and severly dealt with. Those blacks who worked for your family could not eat at local restaurants, could not use public restrooms, dared not be seen in white neighborhoods after dark

Those were the good ole days that Robertson remembers

Not everywhere certainly. Perhaps in a few places like Selma Alabama, but segregation was not widespread. The good ole days that Robertson remembers (from his statements) are the days when he and black men worked side by side hoeing cotton in the fields. Black men and white men working side by side at labor so menial it is only done by mexicans today. Who would have thought? Today black men are killing other black men for their fancy shoes.

Phil saying this does not make him a bigot.

"“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races show that he did not intend for the races to mix." The Honorable Leon M Bazile, Virginia

"...moral or social equality between the different races...does not in fact exist, and never can. The God of nature made it otherwise, and no human law can produce it, and no human tribunal can enforce it. There are gradations and classes throughout the universe. From the tallest archangel in Heaven, down to the meanest reptile on earth, moral and social inequalities exist, and must continue to exist throughout all eternity." The State of Georgia, Supreme Court

Bigotry or simply their religious beliefs?

"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races show that he did not intend for the races to mix." The Honorable Leon M Bazile, Virginia

"...moral or social equality between the different races...does not in fact exist, and never can. The God of nature made it otherwise, and no human law can produce it, and no human tribunal can enforce it. There are gradations and classes throughout the universe. From the tallest archangel in Heaven, down to the meanest reptile on earth, moral and social inequalities exist, and must continue to exist throughout all eternity." The State of Georgia, Supreme Court

So, now you stoop to stereotyping people who live in my state?

I didn't say anything about Obamaphones...

And how would you know what it was like for pre Civil Rights era African Americans? My great grandfather took in blacks to work on his field for room and board, and a good home cooked meal from my great grandmother. My grandmother has told me numerous stories from her days on the farm about how she and her parents bucked the trend in rural Georgia and treated black people with dignity, a good 25 years before the Civil Rights movement began.

You can't assume to know the first thing about that era. Frankly I have you trumped. I've got people in my family who lived it.

Your quote
Are things better today? With all the affirmative action, all the quotas, all the welfare, all the free obamaphones

You should be very proud of your family. But never forget, blacks were required to know their place. Yes, they could work for a white family and be treated fairly. But if they ever tried to act equal or superior to whites they were quickly and severly dealt with. Those blacks who worked for your family could not eat at local restaurants, could not use public restrooms, dared not be seen in white neighborhoods after dark

Those were the good ole days that Robertson remembers

Not everywhere certainly. Perhaps in a few places like Selma Alabama, but segregation was not widespread. The good ole days that Robertson remembers (from his statements) are the days when he and black men worked side by side hoeing cotton in the fields. Black men and white men working side by side at labor so menial it is only done by mexicans today. Who would have thought? Today black men are killing other black men for their fancy shoes.

Robertsons memories of the good ole days before desegregation are tainted

He left that field and returned to a different America than his coworkers faced

"“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

He compares homosexual sex to bestiality. Yeah! That isn't bigotry at all. :cuckoo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, now you stoop to stereotyping people who live in my state?

No, I quoted EXACTLY a judge from VA and the GA supreme court.

He compares homosexual sex to bestiality. Yeah! That isn't bigotry at all. :cuckoo:

And you're either lying or stupid. Most likely, both

He did NOT compare butt-sex with bestiality, he was listing a number of sins that were unrelated to each other.

Try reading once in a while

Him paraphrasing the New Testament suggesting homosexuality is "illogical" does not make one a bigot!

Robertsons memories of the good ole days before desegregation are tainted

When were queers segregated, Herr Goebbels? How would people know that someone was queer so they could segregate them?

He left that field and returned to a different America than his coworkers faced

Seems that anyone not adopting leftist anti-culture dogma is to be silenced, through any means possible.

Is this the "tolerance" you Communists keep talking about?

Everyone is free to hold any opinion the party assigns to them!

Forum List

Back