Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

Also, for example, Paula Deen did not resign, she was fired. Publicly. Bashir? His network was hush hush about his resignation. So, how was he 'fired' again? Food Network publicly announced they were firing Deen. A&E publicly announced they were "suspending" Phil Robertson, but MSNBC? Not even a whimper. They neither indicated he embarrassed them or otherwise damaged their reputation, he simply resigned.

Last edited:
You're a complete idiot. Is that offensive? Maybe. But it's true. If not, explain how "redneck" says or implies that one race is superior to another.

Idiot.

Is the term redneck used against people who are not white other than rarely?

If that's the case then as long as we have documented cases of people saying "white ******" does that make the term okay for use against black people?

Doesn't matter. It doesn't express or imply a belief that one race is superior or inferior, therefore it cannot be defined as "racist".

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/Submit
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

So what I'm just talking about the ghetto rats when I call them *******?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6DvPttMYok]Black People/*******...the difference - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSYDUSwL7mk]Black People vs GHETTO Niggas - YouTube[/ame]

That's not implying racial superiority so why is it racist according to your logic?

Oh please TK, you're being naive. Nobody in broadcasting gets "fired" officially, and everybody who either doesn't bring the ratings or embarrasses their employer gets fired. Bashir was fired just as Beck was fired. Read between the lines.

You're being onerous.

Martin Bashir had been there for years. A good bit longer than Beck was with Fox.

“Upon further reflection, and after meeting with the president of MSNBC, I have tendered my resignation. It is my sincere hope that all of my colleagues, at this special network, will be allowed to focus on the issues that matter without the distraction of myself or my ill-judged comments.”

Such specific terminology does not indicate termination. Note the lack of a press release by the network indicating he was 'relieved of his duties.'

I usually agree with you TK, but a forced resignation is a firing. He was fired.

Read carefully: A&E is not public domain. Neither is GQ magazine. They control the content of their programming and publications because it's a free country and the federal gov't can not interfere. It was A&E's call. Sort of like it was MSNBC's call to dismiss Martin Bashir. Get it now?

NO one has said that A&E did not have the right to let him go, and/or cancel the show. Just like the rest of the family can tell A&E to stick it and stop doing shows for them.

The reall issue here is hypocrisy. Say one negative thing about gays, muslims, blacks, or any other minority and you are to be destroyed by the media. Say one negative thing about Christians, whites, or southerners and you are a hero of the left.

Political correctness is nothing but group think or mind control. Punish anyone who dares disagree with the masters who decide what is right and wrong.

You lefties support this crap and you don't realize that it is destroying your freedoms as well as ours.

Oh I don't know, lumping gays in with bestiality and claiming that Jim Crow era Colored folks didn't sing the Blues is hardly one thing!

"Happy Holidays"

He was asked what acts he considered sinful. then he gave a list. he did not say that gays liked sex with animals----------even though some may.

Pure idiocy you mean.

That's why the DP worked to get Republicans elected in Indiana and California right? Historical revision is the crutch of liars who can't be bothered to research.

I happen to have extensive research on this, so I have an unfair advantage. The KKK was undeniably a terrorist organization but was never a political one. It opposed civil rights, Catholics, Jews and loose women. They stood for a preservation of an older time -- a conservatism of cultural values -- not a political agenda.

But hey, feel free to put some meat on the bones of that canard.

As the old saying goes, those who ignore their own history are doomed to embarrass themselves with really stupid posts on message boards under names like Uncensored and Welfare Queen.

So you figure that if you lie just a bit more, you can rewrite history and alter reality, right?

Great plan.

The Klan had three basic iterations. The first, while absolutely associated with the party, was short lived and military. The founder, Nathan B. Forrest, disavowed the Klan as violence escalated and it collapsed due to lack of leadership.

The second Klan was started by the party itself, and sprung from the state houses in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama. The second Klan was nothing more, or less, than the terrorist wing of the democratic party.

IF you have done the research you claim, you know this and have chosen to blatantly lie, which I'm pretty sure is the case.

the fact remains-------most KKK members were democrats. Rant all you want, you cannot change that fact.

I just got done saying -- the entire power structure of the white South were Democrats in that time. Therefore simple math tells us anybody who joined the KKK, if they had a political party it was going to be the DP. Just as present-day ones like David Duke (former Grand Wizard and Congresscritter from your own state) are Republicans.

Does that make Republicans racists?

OK then.

This idea you paid posters are trying to foment that racism (a character trait) is somehow a political party plank is dishonest bullshit.

David Duke was and is a racist asshole, when he ran for governer we had a choice between the klansman and the criminal----------we chose the criminal Edwin Edwards. Duke was rejected by Louisiana. I think he is in some skinhead group in europe now.

I remember it well. Bumper stickers abounded saying "Vote for the crook-- it's important" (referring to Edwards). Whether he was accepted at one level or rejected at another is irrelevant; my point is that he did so as a Republican -- which puts the lie to your false association fallacy.

Byrd is brought up because dems constantly claim to be the party of integration and inclusiveness. But they were not and are not.

Lincoln was a republican
republicans passed the civil rights act

Once again, that's bullshit, Squeaky. Provably.

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%)
Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

BOTH parties passed it. And if you really need a scoreboard, you get 152 D to 138 R (House) and 46 D to 27 R (Senate). Doesn't work. But look at the stark difference between North and South within each party. That tells you what's really going on.

Bush 43 had more minorities in his administration than any president before or after

There IS only one president after, and that administration isn't finished yet so that's a nonstarter. As for before, it's the passage of time. Duh.

Or are you still trying to sell the snake oil that racism -- a character trait -- is somehow a political plank?

:cuckoo:

I guess the OP's point was that Robertson should be able to say anything he wants and people who hear it are unfair for judging a mans words and reacting to it.

Welcome to the real world

Oh please TK, you're being naive. Nobody in broadcasting gets "fired" officially, and everybody who either doesn't bring the ratings or embarrasses their employer gets fired. Bashir was fired just as Beck was fired. Read between the lines.

You're being onerous.

Martin Bashir had been there for years. A good bit longer than Beck was with Fox.

“Upon further reflection, and after meeting with the president of MSNBC, I have tendered my resignation. It is my sincere hope that all of my colleagues, at this special network, will be allowed to focus on the issues that matter without the distraction of myself or my ill-judged comments.”

Such specific terminology does not indicate termination. Note the lack of a press release by the network indicating he was 'relieved of his duties.'

I usually agree with you TK, but a forced resignation is a firing. He was fired.

Was he forced? Normally, it doesn't take three weeks to be 'forced' to do anything. Normally being forced involves a certain aspect of immediacy. A la Nixon's resignation. "I shall resign the Presidency effective at noon tomorrow."

Last edited:
I guess the OP's point was that Robertson should be able to say anything he wants and people who hear it are unfair for judging a mans words and reacting to it.

Reacting? Do you react by ruining someone because you disagree with them?

No. Logic dictates you tolerate them, their views have no direct impact on you. Just as you insist homosexuality does.

So by that line of reasoning, should that concept also be applied to homosexuals versus Christians?

the fact remains-------most KKK members were democrats. Rant all you want, you cannot change that fact.

Let's jump ahead to the present:

"Barack Hussein Obama is an illegal president," Preston said. "He needs to be removed from office. We also want 'Obamacare' shut down. It's against citizen's rights."

"On top of that, we want the laws toughened on immigration," he added. "We're flooded with illegal immigrants and our people can't find jobs."

Must be a Fox News viewer. Or a Tea Party member!

Preston previously held a "rally" in September at Antietam National Battlefield near Sharpsburg

A real patriot, this guy.

"This is our first time as a meeting," Preston said. "We usually do rallies."

Besides the demonstration at Antietam, Preston organized a rally at Gettysburg Battlefield in Pennsylvania. He said he chose to hold the meeting in Cecil County because of its "conservative mindset."

"There's lots of good farmers and old people who understand if we don't straighten out, we're not going to be a country anymore," he said.

Good fertile soil, those conservative mindsets.

Oh, wait. He's not just a parrot of Fox News talking points. He's the Imperial Wizard of the Confederate White Knights.

The Klan.

You know...a Democrat. ;)

:lmao::lol::lmao::lol:

I love the accompanying photo:

9kqou1.jpg

Modern Day Democrat, or Fox News Santa?

Last edited:
NO one has said that A&E did not have the right to let him go, and/or cancel the show. Just like the rest of the family can tell A&E to stick it and stop doing shows for them.

The reall issue here is hypocrisy. Say one negative thing about gays, muslims, blacks, or any other minority and you are to be destroyed by the media. Say one negative thing about Christians, whites, or southerners and you are a hero of the left.

Political correctness is nothing but group think or mind control. Punish anyone who dares disagree with the masters who decide what is right and wrong.

You lefties support this crap and you don't realize that it is destroying your freedoms as well as ours.

Oh I don't know, lumping gays in with bestiality and claiming that Jim Crow era Colored folks didn't sing the Blues is hardly one thing!

"Happy Holidays"

He was asked what acts he considered sinful. then he gave a list. he did not say that gays liked sex with animals----------even though some may.

Robertson put homosexuality in the same category as bestiality.

Pure idiocy you mean.

That's why the DP worked to get Republicans elected in Indiana and California right? Historical revision is the crutch of liars who can't be bothered to research.

I happen to have extensive research on this, so I have an unfair advantage. The KKK was undeniably a terrorist organization but was never a political one. It opposed civil rights, Catholics, Jews and loose women. They stood for a preservation of an older time -- a conservatism of cultural values -- not a political agenda.

But hey, feel free to put some meat on the bones of that canard.

As the old saying goes, those who ignore their own history are doomed to embarrass themselves with really stupid posts on message boards under names like Uncensored and Welfare Queen.

So you figure that if you lie just a bit more, you can rewrite history and alter reality, right?

Great plan.

The Klan had three basic iterations. The first, while absolutely associated with the party, was short lived and military. The founder, Nathan B. Forrest, disavowed the Klan as violence escalated and it collapsed due to lack of leadership.

The second Klan was started by the party itself, and sprung from the state houses in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama. The second Klan was nothing more, or less, than the terrorist wing of the democratic party.

IF you have done the research you claim, you know this and have chosen to blatantly lie, which I'm pretty sure is the case.

Bullshit.

The "Knights of the Ku Klux Klan" (the second iteration) was incorporated by "Colonel" William Joseph Simmons of Alabama in 1915 as a "benevolent and charitable organization". As a formal fraternal organization this group applied for and received a charter from the state of Georgia. That's not the state house creating something. Dipshit.

Hey, I'm really sorry it's so easy to shoot down this bullshit you get paid to post. I hope you find a new job soon after you get fired.

Last edited:
I just got done saying -- the entire power structure of the white South were Democrats in that time. Therefore simple math tells us anybody who joined the KKK, if they had a political party it was going to be the DP. Just as present-day ones like David Duke (former Grand Wizard and Congresscritter from your own state) are Republicans.

Does that make Republicans racists?

OK then.

This idea you paid posters are trying to foment that racism (a character trait) is somehow a political party plank is dishonest bullshit.

David Duke was and is a racist asshole, when he ran for governer we had a choice between the klansman and the criminal----------we chose the criminal Edwin Edwards. Duke was rejected by Louisiana. I think he is in some skinhead group in europe now.

I remember it well. Bumper stickers abounded saying "Vote for the crook-- it's important" (referring to Edwards). Whether he was accepted at one level or rejected at another is irrelevant; my point is that he did so as a Republican -- which puts the lie to your false association fallacy.

Byrd is brought up because dems constantly claim to be the party of integration and inclusiveness. But they were not and are not.

Lincoln was a republican
republicans passed the civil rights act

Once again, that's bullshit, Squeaky. Provably.

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%)
Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

BOTH parties passed it. And if you really need a scoreboard, you get 152 D to 138 R (House) and 46 D to 27 R (Senate). Doesn't work. But look at the stark difference between North and South within each party. That tells you what's really going on.

Bush 43 had more minorities in his administration than any president before or after

There IS only one president after, and that administration isn't finished yet so that's a nonstarter. As for before, it's the passage of time. Duh.

Or are you still trying to sell the snake oil that racism -- a character trait -- is somehow a political plank?

:cuckoo:

the point, which you seem unable to grasp, is that the civil rights act would not have passed without republican votes. It is also a fact the democrat Byrd tried to fillibuster the bill.

If the dems would stop the false claim that they have always been the party of integration and tolerance it would help the dialog, a little truth is good for everyone.

"Happy Holidays"

Nope. He did no such thing.
What, in your mind, is sinful?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.

Perhaps nobody taught you context in English class, but there it is. Note how he was listing what he saw as a sin, not comparing anything to anything.

Last edited:
What, in your mind, is sinful?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.

Short version: God Hates Fags.

Reacting? Do you react by ruining someone because you disagree with them?

No. Logic dictates you tolerate them, their views have no direct impact on you. Just as you insist homosexuality does.

So by that line of reasoning, should that concept also be applied to homosexuals versus Christians?

Words have consequences. Didnt you know that?

Or are you saying that anyone should be able to say anything and everyone has to deal with it? I'd like to see you take that stance on public Antisemitism.

Oh oh wait...but THATS different, right?

"Happy Holidays"

he said that according to the Bible they are both sins. If the category is sin, then yes he put them in the same category.

Thats what he believes. Thats what a lot of americans, and people all over the world, believe.

Forum List

Back