Freedom of speech? Not for our police officers

More of the same...right Joe?
Nuggas can talk all they shit they want about Whites, even go as far as fabricate lies and embellish truths....BUT as soon as a White points out simple FACTS such as “Blacks tend to be more criminal minded” or “Blacks tend to suck the .gov tit more than other groups” you White hating, truth defying filthy fucks shit your pants. Weird huh?

Tell you what, buddy. Why don't you take the above comment and send it out to all your co-workers tomorrow. Make sure you include HR.

Tell me how long you have a job for.

What makes you think he works for the government?

Apparently, one of the people who knew him reported him to his employer... so there's that.

Employers can get access to your wall. They can read what you write about. That aside, how did he get excluded from constitutional protection?

Ratmuffin isn't a credible pol. sorry, wishing ANYONE dead because you don't like them is not what I want from my police.

Read the OP. Nobody wished anybody dead.

So where does it say in the Constitution that not all citizens have it's protections? The left claims that illegals have constitutional rights even though they don't live here, but a person born in this country doesn't just because he took a job as a police officer?
The first amendment prohibits congress from making laws restricting speech, that's all. Actual questions of speech are mostly left up to the states and is usually balanced against public safety.

Congress shall make no laws respecting the establishment of any religion, so what does that have to do with a school locally funded from teaching religion? The ACLU takes these cases to court for constitutional violations because they don't restrict it to just Congress. The intent was for any part of government violating your rights.

Years ago there was a little town outside of the city, and actually in another county. People from the city began to move into Medina, Ohio in droves and it grew quite quickly. In their school hung a picture of Jesus Christ. When the city people invaded this community, some leftist called the ACLU to have the picture removed. It hung there for generations. The school was forced to take that picture down. Congress had nothing to do with it.

No matter how you slice it or dice it, this officers rights were violated.
The separation of church and state is one issue and free speech is another. This is not a first amendment issue. In this case an officer violated his employment contract according to his employer by whatever due process that exists. He has legal standing to sue but the courts usually find for employers.

I see. So what you are saying is that we have constitutional protections of free speech unless it's contracted out?
Exactly, especially If you deal with the public. It has to be that way because you are acting as a representative of a company. This does not end when you clock out either.

If the government can violate your constitutional rights simply by putting it in contract, then what's the point of having rights in the first place if they can simply be removed?

Thanks for pointing out I had the wrong amendment. I made the correction.

The people of this country are provided protection from government retaliation when it comes to speech. I don't care if you are a police officer, a lineman, a snow plow driver. We are all protected.

From government retaliation... not employer retaliation.

This officer made no threat against anti-semite Louie. He didn't say somebody else should off him. He simply said he's surprised it hasn't happened yet given the fact this anti-American is hate monger.

In short, he made the PD look like a bunch of racist douche-noodles.

FIRED!

Nuggas can talk all they shit they want about Whites, even go as far as fabricate lies and embellish truths....BUT as soon as a White points out simple FACTS such as “Blacks tend to be more criminal minded” or “Blacks tend to suck the .gov tit more than other groups” you White hating, truth defying filthy fucks shit your pants. Weird huh?

Exactly. If he wrote anything like that about a white radical, his supervisor might have told him to be careful next time. Race had a lot to do with this.

His rights were not violated. He said his piece and the public said theirs.

Say stupid shit, get stupid results

End of story

He didn't get suspended or fired by the people, he got fired by the government; retaliation of free speech.

Cite the law that was violated.

People are not protected from the results of stupidity unless those results are a violation of the LAW

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

A police officer eventually lost his job because he said "I'm surprised that nobody offed him yet" in reference to Calypso Louie on Facebook. He never said he'd like to.....or that somebody should.......just the he was surprised nobody hasn't.

He was suspended several months ago and now our local Fox affiliate claims he was recently fired for the comment. So that begs the questions: if this officer made a similar comment about a white radical, would he still be on the job today? Does this officer have a case for a First Amendment violation lawsuit?

Akron police officer relieved of duty after Facebook post about Farrakhan

Let me guess, you were never in the military were you?

When you take certain jobs you freely choose to give up some rights.

A police officer eventually lost his job because he said "I'm surprised that nobody offed him yet" in reference to Calypso Louie on Facebook. He never said he'd like to.....or that somebody should.......just the he was surprised nobody hasn't.

He was suspended several months ago and now our local Fox affiliate claims he was recently fired for the comment. So that begs the questions: if this officer made a similar comment about a white radical, would he still be on the job today? Does this officer have a case for a First Amendment violation lawsuit?

So if the police department decided to search his house for no reason at all, it would be okay because he took a job as a police officer? How about if they said he would no longer be allowed to vote?

His rights were not violated. He said his piece and the public said theirs.

Say stupid shit, get stupid results

End of story

He didn't get suspended or fired by the people, he got fired by the government; retaliation of free speech.

Cite the law that was violated.

People are not protected from the results of stupidity unless those results are a violation of the LAW

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]
And?

Congress didn't pass a law limiting his speech. Congress didn't fire him.

The first amendment prohibits congress from making laws restricting speech, that's all. Actual questions of speech are mostly left up to the states and is usually balanced against public safety.

Congress shall make no laws respecting the establishment of any religion, so what does that have to do with a school locally funded from teaching religion? The ACLU takes these cases to court for constitutional violations because they don't restrict it to just Congress. The intent was for any part of government violating your rights.

Years ago there was a little town outside of the city, and actually in another county. People from the city began to move into Medina, Ohio in droves and it grew quite quickly. In their school hung a picture of Jesus Christ. When the city people invaded this community, some leftist called the ACLU to have the picture removed. It hung there for generations. The school was forced to take that picture down. Congress had nothing to do with it.

No matter how you slice it or dice it, this officers rights were violated.
The separation of church and state is one issue and free speech is another. This is not a first amendment issue. In this case an officer violated his employment contract according to his employer by whatever due process that exists. He has legal standing to sue but the courts usually find for employers.

I see. So what you are saying is that we have constitutional protections of free speech unless it's contracted out?
Exactly, especially If you deal with the public. It has to be that way because you are acting as a representative of a company. This does not end when you clock out either.

If the government can violate your constitutional rights simply by putting it in contract, then what's the point of having rights in the first place if they can simply be removed?
No one says you have to be a police officer. That's voluntary. He voluntarily signed away some of his rights for money. It's the same as anyone being fired for trashing their employer in public or being rude to customers. Why are you having trouble with all this? Look at it this way: A police force is like a company that sells public safety. They can't have an employee sabotaging their product or hurting the bottom line.

The people of this country are provided protection from government retaliation when it comes to speech. I don't care if you are a police officer, a lineman, a snow plow driver. We are all protected.

This officer made no threat against anti-semite Louie. He didn't say somebody else should off him. He simply said he's surprised it hasn't happened yet given the fact this anti-American is hate monger.

FIRED!

Exactly. If he wrote anything like that about a white radical, his supervisor might have told him to be careful next time. Race had a lot to do with this.

Shit, he would have been championed and probably promoted.

Ray From Cleveland this is Gators discreet approach at making you aware of his war hero status....In his next post he’ll call you a statist should you agree with corps and other entities controlling the speech of employees while on their own time. He’s all over the place.

Ray From Cleveland this is Gators discreet approach at making you aware of his war hero status....In his next post he’ll call you a statist should you agree with corps and other entities controlling the speech of employees while on their own time. He’s all over the place.

Actually, I have no problem at all with private companies controlling the speech of employees while on their own time. Having a job is not a right and if you do something to embarrass your employer they should boot you as quick as they can.

Actually, I have no problem at all with private companies controlling the speech of employees while on their own time. Having a job is not a right and if you do something to embarrass your employer they should boot you as quick as they can.

Isn’t that what a “statist” would say?
“Government SHOULD be able to control the speech and behavior of their employees even while off the clock.”
Fuck, if that isn’t a “statist” position I don’t know what is.

“Government SHOULD be able to control the speech and behavior of their employees even while off the clock.”

read what I said moron, I said an employer should be able to, not the government.

you are trying too hard to recover from admitting you think the government knows what is good for us better than we do.

read what I said moron, I said an employer should be able to, not the government.

you are trying too hard to recover from admitting you think the government knows what is good for us better than we do.

Haha...moving the goal posts huh?
This thread is about a police officer, a government employee. Did you forget that part?

This thread is about a police officer, a government employee. Did you forget that part?

Not at all. When one accepts a job from the government, the government is now your employer and they have the same rights as any other employer.

When you accept a job from the government there are laws and regulations that control what you can say publicly and by agreeing to work for the government you freely agree to abide by those rules. They are not forcing anyone to do anything and are not violating anyone's rights.

No, as most employers, not just police departments, have policies that can allow for termination for any statements that bring discredit or dishonor, or even embarrassment to the company. A few months ago, a Security Guard was fired for failing to assist a Police Officer who was struggling with a suspect. The problem there is that the Security Guard isn’t required to arrest, or assist in an arrest of anyone. By law, they are trained and expected to Observe and Report.

Yet, this is acceptable, teaching her a lesson to assist and respect Police. Employees who make derrogatory comments about police are regularly fired. People who refuse to allow police to dine in a resturant are fired, and the company rushes out to make a statement disavowing the comment and announcing proudly that the person was fired.

They brought discredit, disgrace to their companies, and paid the price. People on line who say that cops should die are investigated for making threats against the police. They are held accountable for their comments, and it is considered a Law Enforcement failure that the shooter in Florida was not stopped despite threats he made and the fact that Law Enforcement knew about them.

But when a cop is held to the same standard, months later, when it would have taken at most hours for anyone else to feel the wrath, that is a total violation of the First Amendment. Cops you see, are supposed to be above the law because they are cops.

Pfui. I’m glad this idiot was fired. What I wonder is how he managed to become a cop in the first place. How many times did he allow his idiotic personal views to interfere with his work? How many times did he stretch the truth to take care of someone who deserved it in his opinion?

Not at all. When one accepts a job from the government, the government is now your employer and they have the same rights as any other employer.

When you accept a job from the government there are laws and regulations that control what you can say publicly and by agreeing to work for the government you freely agree to abide by those rules. They are not forcing anyone to do anything and are not violating anyone's rights.

Haha...moving the goalposts again huh?
This thread isn’t about the polices of government and or private sector employers....this is about whether or not you agree with employers and or government in this case steering/manipulating the speech and or behavior of employees while on their own time.
Only a statist would agree that employers and or government should be afforded that right.

FIRED!

Kill whitey.

Haha...moving the goalposts again huh?
This thread isn’t about the polices of government and or private sector employers....this is about whether or not you agree with employers and or government in this case steering/manipulating the speech and or behavior of employees while on their own time.
Only a statist would agree that employers and or government should be afforded that right.

You are trying so hard and failing so badly I almost feel sorry for you.

Having a job is not a right, it is an arrangement between the employee and the employer (not matter who the employer is). Part of that arrangement often includes rules on what is unacceptable behavior. When you accept a job offer you are voluntarily agreeing to those terms, nobody is forcing you to take the job. Companies have all sorts of rules that affect actions on their own time. I friend of my drove for Pepsi for years, they would be fired if caught buying coke products, even off duty. I knew a fireman 30 years ago that was not allowed to smoke even on their off time, doing so was grounds for dismissal. Both people agreed to these terms as part of their employment.

When I was in the Marines I could not bad mouth the CIC or members of my chain of command without facing discipline.

I think the problem here is that working as a fry cook at Wendy's like you do, you have not really encountered these sorts of rules as most fast food places do not have them.

Forum List

Back