🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fried chicken is MY white, Southern culture and others cannot steal it!!

I like chicken salad. :)

I do too --- just made some this afternoon. :)
I put grapes in it. I keep meaning to go Full Waldorf but something's always missing....

I like my plain with mayonnaise on a toasted bagel with a slice of cheese, tomato and some lettuce. That is one of my favorite sandwiches.

Yummers. What kind of cheese though? I'm thinkin' Muenster.....

I put grapes in it. I keep meaning to go Full Waldorf but something's always missing....

I like my plain with mayonnaise on a toasted bagel with a slice of cheese, tomato and some lettuce. That is one of my favorite sandwiches.

Exactly! That is a great flavor combination! :)

:beer:

All I can say is --- good thing there's no bagels in the house right now....

:beer:

All I can say is --- good thing there's no bagels in the house right now....

We have a chicken farm here in my town. I get fresh chicken salad there, and it is so good.

It's bullshit propaganda aimed at creating an illusion of sophistication and ingenuity that isn't there. The mere fact that blues wasn't invented until the late 18th century refutes claims that it existed in Africa for centuries and that sub-Saharan-Africans-only own it.

No, it's ethnomusicology; it's a study in both anthropology and music (both of which I've studied in depth). Along with religion, (which I've also studied informally). It's no different than tracing where Wiener Schnitzel or hamburgers or came from. It's a simple fucking genealogy search, and it's been done in depth well before you or I got here. Your emotional diaper rash about it is irrelevant to that. The roots are already there and the roots have already been traced.

It's American and, as with most things American, no one lineage can lay claim.
You're like a blues nazi.

There's no such thing. What I am besides a folklorist and musician is a radio producer who has literally done documentaries on this stuff; I ain't pulling it out of my ass. They're "American" in that this is the continent where they were generated, and they're "African" in that that is the continent where their elements were conceived, and they're "international" in that they're enjoyed and practiced throughout the world. And you'll notice I've restored the plural, as we're talking of both blues AND jazz, a combination you seem to want to channel down to blues only.

FWIW, most blacks of my generation and younger who play authentic blues were turned onto it third generation mainly by white people. Go to a blues fest and count the blacks in the audience. One hand should do it.

Clearly you've never been to New Orleans then, because that's bullshit. Go treat yourself to JazzFest in a few weeks; you'll need to take a case of extra hands. The white people of our generation got it from the black people who had already invented it, went through it, and in the case of blues largely moved on. At one radio station where I worked there was this multi-disc LP of a blues festival from 1964 --- on that set, peppered around the disc, was at least half of the first Led Zeppelin album, done by the originals. Of course Jimmy Plagiarist and Robber Plant took songwriting credits but it was right there, note for note, lyric for lyric, five years before LZ existed.

Ask Eric Clapton where he got all this. He makes no pretense -- and credits the original artist properly:

This is documented history. You don't get to rewrite that.

You are missing the forest for the trees.
I've never disputed elements of various ethnicities that helped lead to the advent of blues. The key that ultimately unlocked the door, however, was the design of the Richter-tuned harmonica. That's where the blues scale emanated. That's why there wasn't blues until the late 18th century in spite of all of the other elements having been present for centuries.
As for Jazzfest, that is a widely promoted music event that transcends genre anymore.
I was talking about actual blues festivals, blues workshops and blues shows. You rarely see black people at these events unless the headliner is something other than a blues performer. Unfortunately many blues fests have had to incorporate non-blues stars in order to sell tickets. Like Eric Burden, for example.
I have opened shows and worked with countless blues performers over the years and the one show that attracted a substantial share of blacks was Clarence Carter. Not exactly a blues icon. But typical of what would be popular among blacks of my generation. Conversely, I recently did a show for a church dominated by blacks who were of a generation before me including a veteran of the Negro Leagues and it was probably the most appreciative audience we've experienced in years if not ever.

Yeah sorry, not even beginning to buy it. Your harmonica theory is absurd. Looks like ad copy for Hohner and you've got zero support for this wacko theory. Sorry but I know better.

And you spelled that guy's name wrong. It's spelled "Clarence CarterClarence CarterClarence Carter oooo shit".
Too bad your bigotry closes your mind so much. I had two Peabody grads on my gig tonight who seriously consider the veracity and the plausibility of the theory legit.

It's bullshit propaganda aimed at creating an illusion of sophistication and ingenuity that isn't there. The mere fact that blues wasn't invented until the late 18th century refutes claims that it existed in Africa for centuries and that sub-Saharan-Africans-only own it.

No, it's ethnomusicology; it's a study in both anthropology and music (both of which I've studied in depth). Along with religion, (which I've also studied informally). It's no different than tracing where Wiener Schnitzel or hamburgers or came from. It's a simple fucking genealogy search, and it's been done in depth well before you or I got here. Your emotional diaper rash about it is irrelevant to that. The roots are already there and the roots have already been traced.

It's American and, as with most things American, no one lineage can lay claim.
You're like a blues nazi.

There's no such thing. What I am besides a folklorist and musician is a radio producer who has literally done documentaries on this stuff; I ain't pulling it out of my ass. They're "American" in that this is the continent where they were generated, and they're "African" in that that is the continent where their elements were conceived, and they're "international" in that they're enjoyed and practiced throughout the world. And you'll notice I've restored the plural, as we're talking of both blues AND jazz, a combination you seem to want to channel down to blues only.

FWIW, most blacks of my generation and younger who play authentic blues were turned onto it third generation mainly by white people. Go to a blues fest and count the blacks in the audience. One hand should do it.

Clearly you've never been to New Orleans then, because that's bullshit. Go treat yourself to JazzFest in a few weeks; you'll need to take a case of extra hands. The white people of our generation got it from the black people who had already invented it, went through it, and in the case of blues largely moved on. At one radio station where I worked there was this multi-disc LP of a blues festival from 1964 --- on that set, peppered around the disc, was at least half of the first Led Zeppelin album, done by the originals. Of course Jimmy Plagiarist and Robber Plant took songwriting credits but it was right there, note for note, lyric for lyric, five years before LZ existed.

Ask Eric Clapton where he got all this. He makes no pretense -- and credits the original artist properly:

This is documented history. You don't get to rewrite that.

You are missing the forest for the trees.
I've never disputed elements of various ethnicities that helped lead to the advent of blues. The key that ultimately unlocked the door, however, was the design of the Richter-tuned harmonica. That's where the blues scale emanated. That's why there wasn't blues until the late 18th century in spite of all of the other elements having been present for centuries.
As for Jazzfest, that is a widely promoted music event that transcends genre anymore.
I was talking about actual blues festivals, blues workshops and blues shows. You rarely see black people at these events unless the headliner is something other than a blues performer. Unfortunately many blues fests have had to incorporate non-blues stars in order to sell tickets. Like Eric Burden, for example.
I have opened shows and worked with countless blues performers over the years and the one show that attracted a substantial share of blacks was Clarence Carter. Not exactly a blues icon. But typical of what would be popular among blacks of my generation. Conversely, I recently did a show for a church dominated by blacks who were of a generation before me including a veteran of the Negro Leagues and it was probably the most appreciative audience we've experienced in years if not ever.

Yeah sorry, not even beginning to buy it. Your harmonica theory is absurd. Looks like ad copy for Hohner and you've got zero support for this wacko theory. Sorry but I know better.

And you spelled that guy's name wrong. It's spelled "Clarence CarterClarence CarterClarence Carter oooo shit".
Too bad your bigotry closes your mind so much. I had two Peabody grads on my gig tonight who seriously consider the veracity and the plausibility of the theory legit.

Of course you did. :itsok:

Perhaps they've never heard the real roots or never considered the question. Have them call me.

I do have respect for Peabody --- he can play guitar lefthanded upside down....

guitar.jpg

Fried chicken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

Fried chicken is WHITE PEOPLE'S culture. The rest of you have no right to it.

It was done in Scotland. But also in West Africa...

More from The WIki:
>> When it was introduced to the American South, fried chicken became a common staple. Later, as the slave trade led to Africans being brought to work on southern plantations, the slaves who became cooks incorporated seasonings and spices that were absent in traditional Scottish cuisine, enriching the flavor.[11] Since most slaves were unable to raise expensive meats, but generally allowed to keep chickens, frying chicken on special occasions continued in the African American communities of the South. It endured the fall of slavery and gradually passed into common use as a general Southern dish. Since fried chicken traveled well in hot weather before refrigeration was commonplace, it gained further favor in the periods of American history when segregation closed off most restaurants to the black population. Fried chicken continues to be among this region's top choices for "Sunday dinner" among both blacks and whites. <<
--- which means drawing a distinction between "fried chicken" (the end result) and the act of frying chicken (choosing a cooking method). What you refer to in the OP is the former ---- the noun. And that's very much African. :ack-1:

Then there's okra, which is what the African word "gumbo" means, and a whole lot more....

>> Africans were accustomed to large quantities of greens and vegetables in their diet, so black cooks incorporated more of these sorts of foods into the daily fare of the white man. Some historians say that the addition of such vitamin- and mineral-rich food plants saved white slaveholders from nutritional deficiencies.

The diet in Africa was centered around stews served over a starchy base such as rice; or “fufu,” a pounded mass of boiled yams, cassava, or millet. The effect of this food habit is today especially evident in Louisiana-style cookery in which chicken or seafood is served with a sauce over a bed of rice. Cajun dishes such as gumbo and jambalaya also demonstrate the African hand.

Ofttimes people destined to become slaves in the United States passed through the way station of the West Indies. Here the Creole islanders' spicy cuisine might add inspiration (and unwritten recipes) to the African cooks' repertoire. Soon Southland plantation families were enjoying black creations of cornbread, “African” vegetables, pot liquor, and sweet potato puddings; and experiencing somewhat different cooking techniques, for the Africans were fond of deep fat frying and grilling. Thanks also to black influence, certain foods were introduced to this country, or utilized to a greater extent. Black-eyed peas, hominy grits, okra, eggplant, benne (sesame) seed, sorghum, and melons were emphasized by cooks of African origin. << ---- from The African Influence on Southern Cuisine

Anybody who lives in the South and denies the heavy African influence on the food they eat, the music they hear and even the way they talk in everyday speech, is just being willfully ignorant.

Of course there are those among us who are already experienced in that.

In my ancestors culture we ate our chickens RAW, guess we were primitives. but we didnt have High Blood pressure

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

More from The WIki:
>> When it was introduced to the American South, fried chicken became a common staple. Later, as the slave trade led to Africans being brought to work on southern plantations, the slaves who became cooks incorporated seasonings and spices that were absent in traditional Scottish cuisine, enriching the flavor.[11] Since most slaves were unable to raise expensive meats, but generally allowed to keep chickens, frying chicken on special occasions continued in the African American communities of the South. It endured the fall of slavery and gradually passed into common use as a general Southern dish. Since fried chicken traveled well in hot weather before refrigeration was commonplace, it gained further favor in the periods of American history when segregation closed off most restaurants to the black population. Fried chicken continues to be among this region's top choices for "Sunday dinner" among both blacks and whites. <<
--- which means drawing a distinction between "fried chicken" (the end result) and the act of frying chicken (choosing a cooking method). What you refer to in the OP is the former ---- the noun. And that's very much African. :ack-1:

Then there's okra, which is what the African word "gumbo" means, and a whole lot more....

>> Africans were accustomed to large quantities of greens and vegetables in their diet, so black cooks incorporated more of these sorts of foods into the daily fare of the white man. Some historians say that the addition of such vitamin- and mineral-rich food plants saved white slaveholders from nutritional deficiencies.

The diet in Africa was centered around stews served over a starchy base such as rice; or “fufu,” a pounded mass of boiled yams, cassava, or millet. The effect of this food habit is today especially evident in Louisiana-style cookery in which chicken or seafood is served with a sauce over a bed of rice. Cajun dishes such as gumbo and jambalaya also demonstrate the African hand.

Ofttimes people destined to become slaves in the United States passed through the way station of the West Indies. Here the Creole islanders' spicy cuisine might add inspiration (and unwritten recipes) to the African cooks' repertoire. Soon Southland plantation families were enjoying black creations of cornbread, “African” vegetables, pot liquor, and sweet potato puddings; and experiencing somewhat different cooking techniques, for the Africans were fond of deep fat frying and grilling. Thanks also to black influence, certain foods were introduced to this country, or utilized to a greater extent. Black-eyed peas, hominy grits, okra, eggplant, benne (sesame) seed, sorghum, and melons were emphasized by cooks of African origin. << ---- from The African Influence on Southern Cuisine

Anybody who lives in the South and denies the heavy African influence on the food they eat, the music they hear and even the way they talk in everyday speech, is just being willfully ignorant.

In my ancestors culture we ate our chickens RAW, guess we were primitives. but we didnt have High Blood pressure

Eww. Raw meat, gross. :cheeky-smiley-018:

I agree.

But slavery is over.

More from The WIki:

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

I agree.

But slavery is over.

More from The WIki:

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

You like sushi? I'll stick to cooked foods, I think. :D

I agree.

But slavery is over.

More from The WIki:

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

No , Sushi is really good you should try it. just stay away from the Puffer fish

More from The WIki:

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

No , Sushi is really good you should try it. just stay away from the Puffer fish

Looks and sounds gross to me. That's why people have to put those hot sauces on it, because it's not really all that good, I suspect. :D

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

Looks and sounds gross to me. That's why people have to put those hot sauces on it, because it's not really all that good, I suspect. :D

Awwwwww well the sauce taste good true, but you eat the ones rolled up in the rice and sea weed, you hardly taste the fish at all. Come on Chris, lets go get some sushi !

Forum List

Back