🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fried chicken is MY white, Southern culture and others cannot steal it!!

Eww. Raw meat, gross. :cheeky-smiley-018:

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

You like sushi? I'll stick to cooked foods, I think. :D

No , Sushi is really good you should try it. just stay away from the Puffer fish

Looks and sounds gross to me. That's why people have to put those hot sauces on it, because it's not really all that good, I suspect. :D

Awwwwww well the sauce taste good true, but you eat the ones rolled up in the rice and sea weed, you hardly taste the fish at all. Come on Chris, lets go get some sushi !

I don't like fishy flavored things much. I only eat the flaky white kind of fish normally. I've been to several clam bakes where they cover everything with seaweed, and I found that it gave everything a very fishy flavor. I didn't like it at all. I thought the seaweed ruined everything.

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

No , Sushi is really good you should try it. just stay away from the Puffer fish

Looks and sounds gross to me. That's why people have to put those hot sauces on it, because it's not really all that good, I suspect. :D

Awwwwww well the sauce taste good true, but you eat the ones rolled up in the rice and sea weed, you hardly taste the fish at all. Come on Chris, lets go get some sushi !

I don't like fishy flavored things much. I only eat the flaky white kind of fish normally. I've been to several clam bakes where they cover everything with seaweed, and I found that it gave everything a very fishy flavor. I didn't like it at all. I thought the seaweed ruined everything.

OH my, your such a picky date. haha I'm just used to it I guess

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

A-bilone. You're just being shellfish.

Yer prolly a Pisces, working for scale. :eusa_shifty:

Fried chicken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

Fried chicken is WHITE PEOPLE'S culture. The rest of you have no right to it.

It was done in Scotland. But also in West Africa...

More from The WIki:
>> When it was introduced to the American South, fried chicken became a common staple. Later, as the slave trade led to Africans being brought to work on southern plantations, the slaves who became cooks incorporated seasonings and spices that were absent in traditional Scottish cuisine, enriching the flavor.[11] Since most slaves were unable to raise expensive meats, but generally allowed to keep chickens, frying chicken on special occasions continued in the African American communities of the South. It endured the fall of slavery and gradually passed into common use as a general Southern dish. Since fried chicken traveled well in hot weather before refrigeration was commonplace, it gained further favor in the periods of American history when segregation closed off most restaurants to the black population. Fried chicken continues to be among this region's top choices for "Sunday dinner" among both blacks and whites. <<
--- which means drawing a distinction between "fried chicken" (the end result) and the act of frying chicken (choosing a cooking method). What you refer to in the OP is the former ---- the noun. And that's very much African. :ack-1:

Then there's okra, which is what the African word "gumbo" means, and a whole lot more....

>> Africans were accustomed to large quantities of greens and vegetables in their diet, so black cooks incorporated more of these sorts of foods into the daily fare of the white man. Some historians say that the addition of such vitamin- and mineral-rich food plants saved white slaveholders from nutritional deficiencies.

The diet in Africa was centered around stews served over a starchy base such as rice; or “fufu,” a pounded mass of boiled yams, cassava, or millet. The effect of this food habit is today especially evident in Louisiana-style cookery in which chicken or seafood is served with a sauce over a bed of rice. Cajun dishes such as gumbo and jambalaya also demonstrate the African hand.

Ofttimes people destined to become slaves in the United States passed through the way station of the West Indies. Here the Creole islanders' spicy cuisine might add inspiration (and unwritten recipes) to the African cooks' repertoire. Soon Southland plantation families were enjoying black creations of cornbread, “African” vegetables, pot liquor, and sweet potato puddings; and experiencing somewhat different cooking techniques, for the Africans were fond of deep fat frying and grilling. Thanks also to black influence, certain foods were introduced to this country, or utilized to a greater extent. Black-eyed peas, hominy grits, okra, eggplant, benne (sesame) seed, sorghum, and melons were emphasized by cooks of African origin. << ---- from The African Influence on Southern Cuisine

Anybody who lives in the South and denies the heavy African influence on the food they eat, the music they hear and even the way they talk in everyday speech, is just being willfully ignorant.

Of course there are those among us who are already experienced in that.

In my ancestors culture we ate our chickens RAW, guess we were primitives. but we didnt have High Blood pressure

Don't knock it. Some nice chilled raw horse meat topped with shredded apple can be quite good with an adult beverage.

In my ancestors culture we ate our chickens RAW, guess we were primitives. but we didnt have High Blood pressure

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

You do NOT smother good sushi with sauce of any kind.

It was done in Scotland. But also in West Africa...

More from The WIki:
>> When it was introduced to the American South, fried chicken became a common staple. Later, as the slave trade led to Africans being brought to work on southern plantations, the slaves who became cooks incorporated seasonings and spices that were absent in traditional Scottish cuisine, enriching the flavor.[11] Since most slaves were unable to raise expensive meats, but generally allowed to keep chickens, frying chicken on special occasions continued in the African American communities of the South. It endured the fall of slavery and gradually passed into common use as a general Southern dish. Since fried chicken traveled well in hot weather before refrigeration was commonplace, it gained further favor in the periods of American history when segregation closed off most restaurants to the black population. Fried chicken continues to be among this region's top choices for "Sunday dinner" among both blacks and whites. <<
--- which means drawing a distinction between "fried chicken" (the end result) and the act of frying chicken (choosing a cooking method). What you refer to in the OP is the former ---- the noun. And that's very much African. :ack-1:

Then there's okra, which is what the African word "gumbo" means, and a whole lot more....

>> Africans were accustomed to large quantities of greens and vegetables in their diet, so black cooks incorporated more of these sorts of foods into the daily fare of the white man. Some historians say that the addition of such vitamin- and mineral-rich food plants saved white slaveholders from nutritional deficiencies.

The diet in Africa was centered around stews served over a starchy base such as rice; or “fufu,” a pounded mass of boiled yams, cassava, or millet. The effect of this food habit is today especially evident in Louisiana-style cookery in which chicken or seafood is served with a sauce over a bed of rice. Cajun dishes such as gumbo and jambalaya also demonstrate the African hand.

Ofttimes people destined to become slaves in the United States passed through the way station of the West Indies. Here the Creole islanders' spicy cuisine might add inspiration (and unwritten recipes) to the African cooks' repertoire. Soon Southland plantation families were enjoying black creations of cornbread, “African” vegetables, pot liquor, and sweet potato puddings; and experiencing somewhat different cooking techniques, for the Africans were fond of deep fat frying and grilling. Thanks also to black influence, certain foods were introduced to this country, or utilized to a greater extent. Black-eyed peas, hominy grits, okra, eggplant, benne (sesame) seed, sorghum, and melons were emphasized by cooks of African origin. << ---- from The African Influence on Southern Cuisine

Anybody who lives in the South and denies the heavy African influence on the food they eat, the music they hear and even the way they talk in everyday speech, is just being willfully ignorant.

Of course there are those among us who are already experienced in that.

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

Why stay away from fugu? It's super-delicious.

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

No, just Chris.. it could be deadly if they dont make it right. I dont think she needs the stress

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

No, just Chris.. it could be deadly if they dont make it right. I dont think she needs the stress

If she doesn't grow up, she'll miss out on life.

"If you knew Sushi
Like I know Sushi.... "

I don't feel that I'm "missing out" on anything, thanks. :D

But you don't know.

But you don't know.

But I don't want to know! Lol. No thank you. K? If you want to eat raw meat, that's fine by me. I choose not to do that.

But you don't know.

But I don't want to know! Lol. No thank you. K? If you want to eat raw meat, that's fine by me. I choose not to do that.

You really should grow up sometime.

But you don't know.

Another Irony Meter ---- destroyed. :(

But you don't know.

Eating raw food makes you a grown up? Lol. Stop acting like a crazy man.

But you don't know.

Another Irony Meter ---- destroyed. :(

He is very odd. Lol.

Oh contraire! variety is the spice of life!

Lol. Yeah, well I don't eat food that is unappealing to me.

I Know, I know, I would never force you to eat that food, but I can still dream about it :) . You can order cooked items there as well you know? Your on the east Coast though, I understand. We have a lot of other influences out west.

I Know, I know, I would never force you to eat that food, but I can still dream about it :) . You can order cooked items there as well you know? Your on the east Coast though, I understand. We have a lot of other influences out west.

I'm sure there must be some foods that you find unappealing. :D

Forum List

Back