🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fried chicken is MY white, Southern culture and others cannot steal it!!

No more coffee for white people. It originated in Africa. Sorry. :itsok:
uh, no, it didn't.
Sorry cave chimp. You never know what you are talking about so I will educate you. :cool-45:

History of coffee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The history of coffee goes at least as far back as the 10th century, with a number of reports and legends surrounding its first use. The native (undomesticated) origin of coffee is thought to have been Ethiopia."
well shit, being that the thread is about chicken I thought your post was about chicken not coffee. Well don't that take the cake? Oh well, yep you're right Ethiopia.
Next time read the post instead of displaying your idiocy for the world to witness.

This is something schlep knows a lot about hahahaha...

Just so you know...I make the best fried chicken in the world. Marinate the chicken in buttermilk overnight. Take out of buttermilk, roll in seasoned flour, let dry on a baking rack (or a plate) for a little bit. Roll in seasoned flour again, let sit again, then fry in lard at a pretty high heat until uniformly brown. THEN put in the oven and bake until liquids run clear. Labor intensive, so worth it.

You're making my points for me. Those regional styles all involved cultural influences of their respective region which included African and European elements. The factors that created the distinctions are all relative to the region. You don't have samba and Calypso in the US and you don't have blues in Brazil or the Caribbean (I'm talking about origins so don't go petty again about imports).
The Richter-tuned harmonica was the distinctive element that generated the distinctive American sound that is blues.

Again --- bullshit. The harmonica was picked up to play along. So were the trumpet, the violin, the clarinet, the organ, the saxophone, etc etc etc. Doesn't make any of them a "source" for what, by the time any of them were picked up and applied, already existed.

While I'm happy to wax prolific on musical origins I've studied in depth, I'm still at a loss to figure out what the point of this tangent is.
I laid it out with specifics. I even gave you a perfect example of the juxtaposition of instruments to demonstrate the simple but relevant musical math. You can't refute. Parroting propaganda and indoctrination isn't refuting.
I can't prove my theory as there is no record or documentation. But the sequence of events and the evolution of the form and musical voicing is undeniable.
And the relevance of this tangent is that the thread is about origins of unique American culture.
Stop being an illiterate cave chimp. You cant prove it because its not true. Pogo on the other hand has already proved you wrong numerous times.
You're obviously not paying attention and/or have no clue to begin with.
Thats your problem. I actually paid attention to your bullshit and you revealed how truly ignorant you are.
But you can't respond to any of it with points. Because you are a defeated racist troll.

I laid it out with specifics. I even gave you a perfect example of the juxtaposition of instruments to demonstrate the simple but relevant musical math. You can't refute. Parroting propaganda and indoctrination isn't refuting.
I can't prove my theory as there is no record or documentation. But the sequence of events and the evolution of the form and musical voicing is undeniable.
And the relevance of this tangent is that the thread is about origins of unique American culture.

All you did was present "here's an instrument that's capable of playing that scale" and cite a convenient date. That doesn't show or even vaguely indicate a causation. The articles cited, however DO indicate a causation. And they have nothing to do with how a freaking harmonica is designed. They have much more to do with the sensibilities and structures of African culture and spirituality.

Again, that's the reality, cited with background -- not any kind of "propaganda". Sorry but this wacko theory was already refuted before it got here. You can't just rewrite history because you feel like it.
It's bullshit propaganda aimed at creating an illusion of sophistication and ingenuity that isn't there. The mere fact that blues wasn't invented until the late 18th century refutes claims that it existed in Africa for centuries and that sub-Saharan-Africans-only own it. It's American and, as with most things American, no one lineage can lay claim.
You're like a blues nazi.
FWIW, most blacks of my generation and younger who play authentic blues were turned onto it third generation mainly by white people. Go to a blues fest and count the blacks in the audience. One hand should do it.
Stop taking ignorance to a new high....
You would be the ignorant one since your post offers no substance.
Doubling down on stupidity
You're a clueless racist toll.

I'm describing musical history that I know. Yes, both blues and jazz originated here. That's obvious. But yes it also exists in Africa (and throughout the world), even if imported as a style. You were trying to tell us it doesn't exist there, but it does.

The original point IIRC was that the musical elements, the sensibilities of spirit that brought it about, were re-membered (put back together) from the collective experience of Africa. Both Asclepias and I linked articles detailing how that worked. The fact that the exact same development didn't take place in the Caribbean is absolutely meaningless. The Caribbean would have had different circumstances around it, especially the French (e.g. Haiti) or Spanish (e.g. Cuba) colonizers that ran the places. These would develop into forms like Merengue and Rara and Charanga and Danzón and myriad others again incorporating African approaches, especially to rhythm.

Or take the example of Brazil, a huge importer of West African slaves, where the wistful Portuguese Fado (which is what's going on in my avatar) was merged with the Semba rhythms of Angola to produce the new form Samba. Or before that, take the same Portuguese melodious structure and introduce the uniquely African sense of syncopation discussed earlier, and you get Chôro --- developed at the same time the same sense of syncopation was developing Ragtime ("ragged time") in this country, and using a markedly similar thematic structure of AA-BB-A-CC-AA:

ALL of these forms depend on vital ingredients from African culture --- without which they could not exist.

That's simple reality.

You're making my points for me. Those regional styles all involved cultural influences of their respective region which included African and European elements. The factors that created the distinctions are all relative to the region. You don't have samba and Calypso in the US and you don't have blues in Brazil or the Caribbean (I'm talking about origins so don't go petty again about imports).
The Richter-tuned harmonica was the distinctive element that generated the distinctive American sound that is blues.

Again --- bullshit. The harmonica was picked up to play along. So were the trumpet, the violin, the clarinet, the organ, the saxophone, etc etc etc. Doesn't make any of them a "source" for what, by the time any of them were picked up and applied, already existed.

While I'm happy to wax prolific on musical origins I've studied in depth, I'm still at a loss to figure out what the point of this tangent is.

Stop being an illiterate cave chimp. You cant prove it because its not true. Pogo on the other hand has already proved you wrong numerous times.

Ok we can stop right there, because I know for a fact that Pogo has never, in the history of the world, proven a single stupidity that he promotes. The fact that you are claiming he did proves nothing except your liar status.

Pogo continually exhibits indoctrination. Everything is Afro-centric arrogance.

It's bullshit propaganda aimed at creating an illusion of sophistication and ingenuity that isn't there. The mere fact that blues wasn't invented until the late 18th century refutes claims that it existed in Africa for centuries and that sub-Saharan-Africans-only own it.

No, it's ethnomusicology; it's a study in both anthropology and music (both of which I've studied in depth). Along with religion, (which I've also studied informally). It's no different than tracing where Wiener Schnitzel or hamburgers or came from. It's a simple fucking genealogy search, and it's been done in depth well before you or I got here. Your emotional diaper rash about it is irrelevant to that. The roots are already there and the roots have already been traced.

It's American and, as with most things American, no one lineage can lay claim.
You're like a blues nazi.

There's no such thing. What I am besides a folklorist and musician is a radio producer who has literally done documentaries on this stuff; I ain't pulling it out of my ass. They're "American" in that this is the continent where they were generated, and they're "African" in that that is the continent where their elements were conceived, and they're "international" in that they're enjoyed and practiced throughout the world. And you'll notice I've restored the plural, as we're talking of both blues AND jazz, a combination you seem to want to channel down to blues only.

FWIW, most blacks of my generation and younger who play authentic blues were turned onto it third generation mainly by white people. Go to a blues fest and count the blacks in the audience. One hand should do it.

Clearly you've never been to New Orleans then, because that's bullshit. Go treat yourself to JazzFest in a few weeks; you'll need to take a case of extra hands. The white people of our generation got it from the black people who had already invented it, went through it, and in the case of blues largely moved on. At one radio station where I worked there was this multi-disc LP of a blues festival from 1964 --- on that set, peppered around the disc, was at least half of the first Led Zeppelin album, done by the originals. Of course Jimmy Plagiarist and Robber Plant took songwriting credits but it was right there, note for note, lyric for lyric, five years before LZ existed.

Ask Eric Clapton where he got all this. He makes no pretense -- and credits the original artist properly:

This is documented history. You don't get to rewrite that.

You are missing the forest for the trees.
I've never disputed elements of various ethnicities that helped lead to the advent of blues. The key that ultimately unlocked the door, however, was the design of the Richter-tuned harmonica. That's where the blues scale emanated. That's why there wasn't blues until the late 18th century in spite of all of the other elements having been present for centuries.
As for Jazzfest, that is a widely promoted music event that transcends genre anymore.
I was talking about actual blues festivals, blues workshops and blues shows. You rarely see black people at these events unless the headliner is something other than a blues performer. Unfortunately many blues fests have had to incorporate non-blues stars in order to sell tickets. Like Eric Burden, for example.
I have opened shows and worked with countless blues performers over the years and the one show that attracted a substantial share of blacks was Clarence Carter. Not exactly a blues icon. But typical of what would be popular among blacks of my generation. Conversely, I recently did a show for a church dominated by blacks who were of a generation before me including a veteran of the Negro Leagues and it was probably the most appreciative audience we've experienced in years if not ever.

Yeah sorry, not even beginning to buy it. Your harmonica theory is absurd. Looks like ad copy for Hohner and you've got zero support for this wacko theory. Sorry but I know better.

And you spelled that guy's name wrong. It's spelled "Clarence CarterClarence CarterClarence Carter oooo shit".

Ok we can stop right there, because I know for a fact that Pogo has never, in the history of the world, proven a single stupidity that he promotes. The fact that you are claiming he did proves nothing except your liar status.
Pogo continually exhibits indoctrination. Everything is Afro-centric arrogance.

Pogo knows his music and his anthropology and doesn't try to sell cockamamie harmonica theories on the innernets.

Fried chicken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

Fried chicken is WHITE PEOPLE'S culture. The rest of you have no right to it.

Of course Chicken Fried Steak is basically variation of Wiener Schnitzel, so that's MY culture, I think our people brought it to your South in the 19th Century.

Yeah, lot's of Central Europeans settled in the American South as well.

Yes they did, and that's a direct influence on the Norteño music of Texas --- the accordions brought by the Czechs.

Which is not in any way to suggest that the invention or importation of the accordion somehow catalysed the development of the music... :rofl:

I'm describing musical history that I know. Yes, both blues and jazz originated here. That's obvious. But yes it also exists in Africa (and throughout the world), even if imported as a style. You were trying to tell us it doesn't exist there, but it does.

The original point IIRC was that the musical elements, the sensibilities of spirit that brought it about, were re-membered (put back together) from the collective experience of Africa. Both Asclepias and I linked articles detailing how that worked. The fact that the exact same development didn't take place in the Caribbean is absolutely meaningless. The Caribbean would have had different circumstances around it, especially the French (e.g. Haiti) or Spanish (e.g. Cuba) colonizers that ran the places. These would develop into forms like Merengue and Rara and Charanga and Danzón and myriad others again incorporating African approaches, especially to rhythm.

Or take the example of Brazil, a huge importer of West African slaves, where the wistful Portuguese Fado (which is what's going on in my avatar) was merged with the Semba rhythms of Angola to produce the new form Samba. Or before that, take the same Portuguese melodious structure and introduce the uniquely African sense of syncopation discussed earlier, and you get Chôro --- developed at the same time the same sense of syncopation was developing Ragtime ("ragged time") in this country, and using a markedly similar thematic structure of AA-BB-A-CC-AA:

ALL of these forms depend on vital ingredients from African culture --- without which they could not exist.

That's simple reality.

Technically KG is correct -- I have never proven a single stupidity, because I don't propose stupidity in the first place, therefore it can't be "proven". I have a bad habit of planning ahead that way.

But do go on and entertain us all, waxing ever so eloquent on your theories on the origins of Blues and Jazz. As the owls would say, this oughta be a hoot.

Technically KG is correct -- I have never proven a single stupidity, because I don't propose stupidity in the first place, therefore it can't be "proven". I have a bad habit of planning ahead that way.

But do go on and entertain us all, waxing ever so eloquent on your theories on the origins of Blues and Jazz. As the owls would say, this oughta be a hoot.
Yes, you do post stupidities, continually. Which is why I have you on ignore. Well, that and the fact that you're a lying hypocrite.

BTW, blues has its roots in native American music.

Yes, you do post stupidities, continually. Which is why I have you on ignore. Well, that and the fact that you're a lying hypocrite.

I knew you wouldn't let me down.

Don't stop there, tell us more. I sure didn't stop at one sentence, you have talking stick.

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

Of course Chicken Fried Steak is basically variation of Wiener Schnitzel, so that's MY culture, I think our people brought it to your South in the 19th Century.

Yes I've been reading all about this, it's fascinating stuff.

Don't stop there, tell us more. I sure didn't stop at one sentence, you have talking stick.
Oh look, you're posting stupidities again. The one thing I do like about you is your inability to hold back from proving the veracity of my characterization if you.

Don't stop there, tell us more. I sure didn't stop at one sentence, you have talking stick.[sic]

The remedial English class doesn't seem to be helping you very much.

Because the OP says you cant partake of anything created by another culture. You white people are in a heap of trouble.

They only created the watoosie and that dance where you shake one finger around in the air while you move around like you're pre heart attack
white-people-dancing.jpg

:rofl:

WPD (white people dancing)
I perform music at lots of swing dance events. They open with a dance lesson. Almost exclusively white people. That's because most blacks dance that way instinctively. Swing dance lessons to me are like teaching people to fuck.
White people seem to be uptight. They have a hard time dancing and they think sex is something to be ashamed of.
They also think murder, raping, and pimping are shameful. Black people don't because they're cool!

Go figure.

More jungle bunny civilizations please.

Are you still trying to claim you're not a ridiculous, racist coward?

Oh look, you're posting stupidities again. The one thing I do like about you is your inability to hold back from proving the veracity of my characterization if you.

Sooooooooooooo .... that zit huh? "blues has its roots in native American music", the end.

Deep. I'm sure nanoseconds of research went into this, if not tens of nanoseconds. My head swims. I retire now to contemplate the complexities of the profundities. Yowsuh.

I agree.

But slavery is over.

Yes I've been reading all about this, it's fascinating stuff.

I've got Marie Laveau upstairs. :D

--- on a poster

Forum List

Back