🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fried chicken is MY white, Southern culture and others cannot steal it!!

I'm describing musical history that I know. Yes, both blues and jazz originated here. That's obvious. But yes it also exists in Africa (and throughout the world), even if imported as a style. You were trying to tell us it doesn't exist there, but it does.

The original point IIRC was that the musical elements, the sensibilities of spirit that brought it about, were re-membered (put back together) from the collective experience of Africa. Both Asclepias and I linked articles detailing how that worked. The fact that the exact same development didn't take place in the Caribbean is absolutely meaningless. The Caribbean would have had different circumstances around it, especially the French (e.g. Haiti) or Spanish (e.g. Cuba) colonizers that ran the places. These would develop into forms like Merengue and Rara and Charanga and Danzón and myriad others again incorporating African approaches, especially to rhythm.

Or take the example of Brazil, a huge importer of West African slaves, where the wistful Portuguese Fado (which is what's going on in my avatar) was merged with the Semba rhythms of Angola to produce the new form Samba. Or before that, take the same Portuguese melodious structure and introduce the uniquely African sense of syncopation discussed earlier, and you get Chôro --- developed at the same time the same sense of syncopation was developing Ragtime ("ragged time") in this country, and using a markedly similar thematic structure of AA-BB-A-CC-AA:

ALL of these forms depend on vital ingredients from African culture --- without which they could not exist.

That's simple reality.

You're making my points for me. Those regional styles all involved cultural influences of their respective region which included African and European elements. The factors that created the distinctions are all relative to the region. You don't have samba and Calypso in the US and you don't have blues in Brazil or the Caribbean (I'm talking about origins so don't go petty again about imports).
The Richter-tuned harmonica was the distinctive element that generated the distinctive American sound that is blues.

Again --- bullshit. The harmonica was picked up to play along. So were the trumpet, the violin, the clarinet, the organ, the saxophone, etc etc etc. Doesn't make any of them a "source" for what, by the time any of them were picked up and applied, already existed.

While I'm happy to wax prolific on musical origins I've studied in depth, I'm still at a loss to figure out what the point of this tangent is.

I laid it out with specifics. I even gave you a perfect example of the juxtaposition of instruments to demonstrate the simple but relevant musical math. You can't refute. Parroting propaganda and indoctrination isn't refuting.
I can't prove my theory as there is no record or documentation. But the sequence of events and the evolution of the form and musical voicing is undeniable.
And the relevance of this tangent is that the thread is about origins of unique American culture.

Stop being an illiterate cave chimp. You cant prove it because its not true. Pogo on the other hand has already proved you wrong numerous times.

You're obviously not paying attention and/or have no clue to begin with.

Thats your problem. I actually paid attention to your bullshit and you revealed how truly ignorant you are.

Fried chicken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

Fried chicken is WHITE PEOPLE'S culture. The rest of you have no right to it.

Of course Chicken Fried Steak is basically variation of Wiener Schnitzel, so that's MY culture, I think our people brought it to your South in the 19th Century.

Yeah, lot's of Central Europeans settled in the American South as well.

There was not and is not blues and jazz in Africa beyond that which was imported from America. Blues and jazz didn't exist even as nearby as the Caribbean though plenty of Arfrican slave trade existed there. This genre is specifically American. And the circumstances required were not in those other places.
You're parroting more Afro-centrist arrogant propaganda.

I'm describing musical history that I know. Yes, both blues and jazz originated here. That's obvious. But yes it also exists in Africa (and throughout the world), even if imported as a style. You were trying to tell us it doesn't exist there, but it does.

The original point IIRC was that the musical elements, the sensibilities of spirit that brought it about, were re-membered (put back together) from the collective experience of Africa. Both Asclepias and I linked articles detailing how that worked. The fact that the exact same development didn't take place in the Caribbean is absolutely meaningless. The Caribbean would have had different circumstances around it, especially the French (e.g. Haiti) or Spanish (e.g. Cuba) colonizers that ran the places. These would develop into forms like Merengue and Rara and Charanga and Danzón and myriad others again incorporating African approaches, especially to rhythm.

Or take the example of Brazil, a huge importer of West African slaves, where the wistful Portuguese Fado (which is what's going on in my avatar) was merged with the Semba rhythms of Angola to produce the new form Samba. Or before that, take the same Portuguese melodious structure and introduce the uniquely African sense of syncopation discussed earlier, and you get Chôro --- developed at the same time the same sense of syncopation was developing Ragtime ("ragged time") in this country, and using a markedly similar thematic structure of AA-BB-A-CC-AA:

ALL of these forms depend on vital ingredients from African culture --- without which they could not exist.

That's simple reality.

You're making my points for me. Those regional styles all involved cultural influences of their respective region which included African and European elements. The factors that created the distinctions are all relative to the region. You don't have samba and Calypso in the US and you don't have blues in Brazil or the Caribbean (I'm talking about origins so don't go petty again about imports).
The Richter-tuned harmonica was the distinctive element that generated the distinctive American sound that is blues.

Again --- bullshit. The harmonica was picked up to play along. So were the trumpet, the violin, the clarinet, the organ, the saxophone, etc etc etc. Doesn't make any of them a "source" for what, by the time any of them were picked up and applied, already existed.

While I'm happy to wax prolific on musical origins I've studied in depth, I'm still at a loss to figure out what the point of this tangent is.

I laid it out with specifics. I even gave you a perfect example of the juxtaposition of instruments to demonstrate the simple but relevant musical math. You can't refute. Parroting propaganda and indoctrination isn't refuting.
I can't prove my theory as there is no record or documentation. But the sequence of events and the evolution of the form and musical voicing is undeniable.
And the relevance of this tangent is that the thread is about origins of unique American culture.

Stop being an illiterate cave chimp. You cant prove it because its not true. Pogo on the other hand has already proved you wrong numerous times.

Ok we can stop right there, because I know for a fact that Pogo has never, in the history of the world, proven a single stupidity that he promotes. The fact that you are claiming he did proves nothing except your liar status.

No more coffee for white people. It originated in Africa. Sorry. :itsok:
uh, no, it didn't.
Sorry cave chimp. You never know what you are talking about so I will educate you. :cool-45:

History of coffee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The history of coffee goes at least as far back as the 10th century, with a number of reports and legends surrounding its first use. The native (undomesticated) origin of coffee is thought to have been Ethiopia."
well shit, being that the thread is about chicken I thought your post was about chicken not coffee. Well don't that take the cake? Oh well, yep you're right Ethiopia.

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

The Scots moved mainly to the north of the U.S. .....

Not so.

uh, no, it didn't.
Sorry cave chimp. You never know what you are talking about so I will educate you. :cool-45:

"The history of coffee goes at least as far back as the 10th century, with a number of reports and legends surrounding its first use. The native (undomesticated) origin of coffee is thought to have been Ethiopia."
well shit, being that the thread is about chicken I thought your post was about chicken not coffee. Well don't that take the cake? Oh well, yep you're right Ethiopia.
Next time read the post instead of displaying your idiocy for the world to witness. Thats only if you dont want me to have to educate you constantly. The problem is even if you thought you were talking about chicken youre still wrong. West Africans made fried chicken long before being enslaved. Oops I told you I would have to educate you. :laugh:

uh, no, it didn't.

Next time read the post instead of displaying your idiocy for the world to witness. Thats only if you dont want me to have to educate you constantly. The problem is even if you thought you were talking about chicken youre still wrong. Africans made chicken long before being enslaved. Oops I told you I would have to educate you. :laugh:
well again, talking coffee in a chicken thread is off topic. So gd dam, I'm trying to stay on topic as the Mods always ask me to do and shit, you weren't. Go figure.

That's simple reality.

Ok we can stop right there, because I know for a fact that Pogo has never, in the history of the world, proven a single stupidity that he promotes. The fact that you are claiming he did proves nothing except your liar status.

Hey crack girl. You keep slipping in and out of your crack fueled delusions. No one takes anything you say seriously. :cool-45:

uh, no, it didn't.

Next time read the post instead of displaying your idiocy for the world to witness. Thats only if you dont want me to have to educate you constantly. The problem is even if you thought you were talking about chicken youre still wrong. Africans made chicken long before being enslaved. Oops I told you I would have to educate you. :laugh:
well again, talking coffee in a chicken thread is off topic. So gd dam, I'm trying to stay on topic as the Mods always ask me to do and shit, you weren't. Go figure.
No its not off topic. I see you struggle with context as well. Let me explain. The OP is about cultural appropriation. Your simplistic belief that its really just about chicken just shows the level of complexity you are able to grasp. So what he is saying is that if a Black girl can demand a white guy stop wearing dreadlocks then Black people should stop eating fried chicken. You can tell because he mentions this in the OP. Does that clear it up for you?

uh, no, it didn't.

No its not off topic. I see you struggle with context as well. Let me explain. The OP is about cultural appropriation. Your simplistic belief that its really just about chicken just shows the level of complexity you are able to grasp. So what he is saying is that if a Black girl can demand a white guy stop wearing dreadlocks then Black people should stop eating fried chicken. Does that clear it up for you?
it's about chicken, says chicken and it's origin. You want to start a thread about culture go for it. But let's let the chickens lie here. get it?

No its not off topic. I see you struggle with context as well. Let me explain. The OP is about cultural appropriation. Your simplistic belief that its really just about chicken just shows the level of complexity you are able to grasp. So what he is saying is that if a Black girl can demand a white guy stop wearing dreadlocks then Black people should stop eating fried chicken. Does that clear it up for you?
it's about chicken, says chicken and it's origin. You want to start a thread about culture go for it. But let's let the chickens lie here. get it?
Go back to sleep. I never thought I would say it but Buc is actually too complex for you.
laugh.gif

Go back to sleep. I never thought I would say it but Buc is actually too complex for you.
laugh.gif
I win!!!!!

laugh.gif
I win!!!!!
You win the dummy of the quarter award.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I win!!!!!
laugh.gif
I didn't know you were relinquishing your award. ahhhhhhh why would you do that?

laugh.gif
I win!!!!!
laugh.gif
I didn't know you were relinquishing your award. ahhhhhhh why would you do that?
Because you epitomize what my award means. I bestow it every quarter to the dumbest poster I encounter every quarter.

laugh.gif
I win!!!!!
laugh.gif
Because you epitomize what my award means. I bestow it every quarter to the dumbest poster I encounter every quarter.
But I don't take awards away from those who earned them so you keep your award for yourself, it fits you better anyway. I mean all of those people voted for you and all. You'd be cheatin them out of their vote.

laugh.gif
I win!!!!!
laugh.gif
But I don't take awards away from those who earned them so you keep your award for yourself, it fits you better anyway. I mean all of those people voted for you and all. You'd be cheatin them out of their vote.
No one earned the award like you did. Your display of stupidity was awe inspiring in its unabashed illumination. I insist on you taking it or I will have to stop awarding it. You have essentially dropped the mike with your efforts at showing just how idiotic, silly and dumb one can be. I bet you feel proud you didnt know coffee and fried chicken originated in Africa? I am slow clapping and shaking my head in the hopes of you formally accepting the award.:clap:

I win!!!!!
laugh.gif
No one earned the award like you did. Your display of stupidity was awe inspiring in its unabashed illumination. I insist on you taking it or I will have to stop awarding it. You have essentially dropped the mike with your efforts at showing just how idiotic, silly and dumb one can be. I bet you feel proud you didnt know coffee and fried chicken originated in Africa? I am slow clapping and shaking my head in the hopes of you formally accepting the award.:clap:
dude I get it, but it's your award you hang on to your award, you really worked hard to earn it. You keep it.

I agree.

But slavery is over.

Being President of the United States is my White Male heritage. Neither 0bama or Hillary belong there.

Forum List

Back