🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fried chicken is MY white, Southern culture and others cannot steal it!!

Looks like lefties are all sensitive.

I don't mind cultures sharing and blending.

BUT many lefties seem to care.

They accuse us of stealing their culture just because they invented something that we in turn like.

Well....lefties...black lefties in particular.....we invented basketball and football. And baseball. STOP playing it haha!!! It's OUR culture!!
Not until you give up keeping track of time and math. Sorry Blacks invented both.

Link? Or at least a name or two? Or some kind of credible reference?

They accuse us of stealing their culture just because they invented something that we in turn like.

Well....lefties...black lefties in particular.....we invented basketball and football. And baseball. STOP playing it haha!!! It's OUR culture!!
Not until you give up keeping track of time and math. Sorry Blacks invented both.

Like:

Time - what you spend in prison.
Math - one...two...many.

Link? Or at least a name or two? Or some kind of credible reference?
I didnt post to convince you. Dont care if you believe it or not. Its informational. If you want to know more you can research it.

Like:

Time - what you spend in prison.
Math - one...two...many.
Dont get emotional. Obviously my post shattered your perception of the world you live in. :laugh:

Fried chicken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

Fried chicken is WHITE PEOPLE'S culture. The rest of you have no right to it.

But what about the turds, will you keep them also after eating fried chicken?

Obviously, blacks invented everything.

Too bad, they could not invent and build a boat and travel and do to Europeans what Europeans did to blacks.

Just imagine how much better the world would be, if they had.

On second thought, don't imagine it. Just look at Africa.

Fried chicken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

Fried chicken is WHITE PEOPLE'S culture. The rest of you have no right to it.

Of course Chicken Fried Steak is basically variation of Wiener Schnitzel, so that's MY culture, I think our people brought it to your South in the 19th Century.

That one has always puzzled me. HOW do you train a chicken to fry a steak?? They have no hands. :dunno:

I think they sit down and use their feet as hands.

When I was in Texas, they brought me Chicken Fried Steak and I thought this is pretty much a variation of Wiener Schnitzel. So then I read about this Chicken Fried Steak and yes I was correct, we brought it to you in the 19th Century, what I couldn't understand though is why do you refer to it as Chicken Fried Steak?

Beats da shit outta me --- I've never even had it, though I've certainly heard of it but the name always incites that image of a chicken frying a steak. Doesn't make any sense.

I'm sure they changed the name from Wienerschnitzel because that would require actually learning how to pronounce a foreign word. And we can't have that. :eusa_snooty:

But we also have a commercial cereal called "Grape Nuts". Guess what two ingredients are not in there.

The testicles of a grape?

Too bad, they could not invent and build a boat and travel and do to Europeans what Europeans did to blacks.

Why did the Polynesians do it so much earlier than the Europeans, along with the Chinese and other Asians?

White people may as well get off the internet. Africans were the first to use the binary system which computers use to perform its duties.

Blacks didnt invent everything. They did give the foundation for the invention of practically everything though.

Blacks did invent boats. The oldest known boats are in Africa. Blacks are not as violent as whites. There is no need for Blacks to have an inferiority complex like whites. Blacks only mistake was educating whites. Look what whites have done to the world and specifically Africa.

Why did the Polynesians do it so much earlier than the Europeans, along with the Chinese and other Asians?

Last time I looked Polynesians are not blacks/Africans. And they usually don't bitch and complain about whites like blacks do.

Last time I looked Polynesians are not blacks/Africans. And they usually don't bitch and complain about whites like blacks do.
Polynesians hate white people. Yes they do keep quiet about it. Polynesians (Black and Asian) and Melanesian's (Black people) were the first people in the Americas

White people may as well get off the internet. Africans were the first to use the binary system which computers use to perform its duties.
You mean they counted on two hands?
They counted on everything.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1999/07/990727071229.htm
Two hands=binary, which means two also...Ok.....
No it means base 2. Like decimal is base 10

Slavery.

The blues could not develop until slavery was abolished.
But it's allegedly African, according to the brainwashed here. So they should have had it in Africa long before colonial slavery making slavery moot.

The elements of it certainly were African, some of which were discussed in Asclepias' Jazzedmagazine link including the call-and-response format, and the blue note, as well as the use of melisma and the griot tradition of a single man telling a story.

The guitar itself came from Spain, specifically from the Moors and their lute (from Arabic "al oud"). Of course the Moors came from ----- Africa.

Which also btw gave us the banjo.
The blue note didn't exist until the late 1800's. The form is purely European and the call and response is largely credited with field calls.
The banjo, ironically associated with white Appalachian music, is an African instrument. Just as European instruments, the guitar and Richter-tuned harmonica, are ironically largely associated with black music.

The blue note didn't exist until the late 1800's. The form is purely European

From the jazzedmagazine link linked earlier on the blue note:

>> In Winthrop Sargeant’s book Jazz: Hot and Hybrid, in his chapters on the scalar structure of jazz and the derivation of the blues, he makes the case that the blues scale, with its blue notes (lowered 3rd and 7th of the major scale), are derived primarily from African sources; and, as author Schuller points out, “from the quartal and quintal harmonies of African singing and from the tendency of African melodies to shift around a central tone.” <<

What's your point here?
and the call and response is largely credited with field calls.
The banjo, ironically associated with white Appalachian music, is an African instrument. Just as European instruments, the guitar and Richter-tuned harmonica, are ironically largely associated with black music.
My point is my irrefutable though unprovable thesis; the Richter-tuned diatonic harmonica is responsible for the advent of blues and subsequently jazz.
Hohner began distributing these instruments for free as a means of promotion. Black people, being extremely poor at the time, were the perfect clientele.
The flatted seventh is a natural result of cross position mode on a Richter harp. The flatted third is easily achieved in the same position by intentionally redirecting airflow on the third hole from the left. Both physical and unintended consequences of the original tuning and design. Blues origins are rooted to the same era as the advent of that harmonica.
Do you have any basic (and I mean basic) understanding of piano design? I have a perfect, easy-to-see illustration of this theory using a piano keyboard.

Sorry, that's absolutely ridiculous. Neither development of blues OR jazz had squat to do with the freaking harmonica. That's absurd. Nor is the flatted seventh derived from it. The fact that it can be produced on a harmonica in absolutely no way means neither that it was intentionally designed that way, nor that its design invited the musical technique.

The earliest blues, when played solo rather than in a band, most commonly involved either a guitar or a piano (neither of which are cheap compared to a harmonica). The former allows for note-bends and microtones that produce the flatted seventh and its tonal near-neighbors. That doesn't make the guitar the source of the musical innovation either; the musical form precedes the instrument, usually from the most basic instrument, the human voice. This sensibility is then applied to whatever instrument can handle it, but it comes from the soul.

Yes, I have an intimate understanding of the piano keyboard. It's what I learned music on, and to this day when I imagine a key transposition, that's what I visualize, so bring on your illustrations.

What would all this have to do with the topic anyway?

So why wasn't it played in Africa for centiueis before?

Because it hadn't been invented (as such) yet. But the elements that comprised it certainly were.

Why is it still not played in Africa?

It is.

What was so special about the late 1800's that made blues have to be exposed then? Did blacks suddenly begin dropping records then as it suddenly became cost effective?

Not sure what "suddenly begin dropping records" means but some of it, especially jazz, has to do with Congo Square, the only place in America where blacks were free to express their heritage, in the 19th century. See that "Hear That Long Snake Moan" link from earlier for more on this.

Why is there not blues and jazz in Africa and why wasn't it there for centuries?

Again, there IS blues and jazz in Africa, and the elements that led to it, and other forms of music, WERE there for centuries.

I'll come back at a later time to post examples, but right now I have a radio show to do.
There was not and is not blues and jazz in Africa beyond that which was imported from America. Blues and jazz didn't exist even as nearby as the Caribbean though plenty of Arfrican slave trade existed there. This genre is specifically American. And the circumstances required were not in those other places.
You're parroting more Afro-centrist arrogant propaganda.

I'm describing musical history that I know. Yes, both blues and jazz originated here. That's obvious. But yes it also exists in Africa (and throughout the world), even if imported as a style. You were trying to tell us it doesn't exist there, but it does.

The original point IIRC was that the musical elements, the sensibilities of spirit that brought it about, were re-membered (put back together) from the collective experience of Africa. Both Asclepias and I linked articles detailing how that worked. The fact that the exact same development didn't take place in the Caribbean is absolutely meaningless. The Caribbean would have had different circumstances around it, especially the French (e.g. Haiti) or Spanish (e.g. Cuba) colonizers that ran the places. These would develop into forms like Merengue and Rara and Charanga and Danzón and myriad others again incorporating African approaches, especially to rhythm.

Or take the example of Brazil, a huge importer of West African slaves, where the wistful Portuguese Fado (which is what's going on in my avatar) was merged with the Semba rhythms of Angola to produce the new form Samba. Or before that, take the same Portuguese melodious structure and introduce the uniquely African sense of syncopation discussed earlier, and you get Chôro --- developed at the same time the same sense of syncopation was developing Ragtime ("ragged time") in this country, and using a markedly similar thematic structure of AA-BB-A-CC-AA:

ALL of these forms depend on vital ingredients from African culture --- without which they could not exist.

That's simple reality.

Forum List

Back