🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fried chicken is MY white, Southern culture and others cannot steal it!!

I can continue to prove you wrong...

Today I found out that toilet paper was first used by the Chinese about 1300 years before it caught on with the rest of the world. The first references of people using toilet paper dates back to the 6th century AD in the Chinese Imperial courts and amongst the other wealthy citizens of China. This eventually spread throughout China and by the 14th century there was an annual manufacturing of around ten million packages of toilet paper in the Zhejiang province alone.

Then in the early 1800's, the Scott Paper Company put it on rolls, and priced it so that everyone, not just the elite could buy it.

That's what Capitalism does, that's what you want to destroy.

That in no way trumps his point. You can't fuck with linear time, Pothead.

Fried chicken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just read the thread with the black girl in San Francisco assaulting the white boy with dreadlocks because that's "her culture" and he has no right to steal it.

I agree.

So...I demand she and all other non-whites immediately cease from preparing or eating fried chicken. It's MY culture. Fried chicken originated in Scottish Europe and came to the American South through immigrants. The slave owners made slaves cook it for them and the slaves ate the leftovers.

But slavery is over.

Fried chicken is WHITE PEOPLE'S culture. The rest of you have no right to it.

The Scots moved mainly to the north of the U.S. What we consider southern fried chicken today is what slaves developed. Same as southern BBQ.

Where'd you get that from? Its historically inaccurate, obviously, but I would love to know.

Detailed in post 6. Specifically the middle section "More from the Wiki".

Tell us why africa kept it all a secret until the late 19th century?

Kept what a secret? Fried chicken??
Blues music. You made a post about Africa and blue notes, etc. Why was it allegedly kept a secret for so long?
Dont you know white people are always late on everything? Thats why you guys put our sayings in your commercials decades after we have stopped using them.
Non-answer. Why was blues kept such a secret? Why did a black named Handy have to expose the secret? Probably because it didn't exist before the late 1800's.

New announcement. White people can no longer have religion. Blacks created it. No books. That includes E-books Blacks invented that. Nothing made from steel. Blacks invented that.

Then why did they wait for centuries before they exposed here?

Slavery.

The blues could not develop until slavery was abolished.
But it's allegedly African, according to the brainwashed here. So they should have had it in Africa long before colonial slavery making slavery moot.

The elements of it certainly were African, some of which were discussed in Asclepias' Jazzedmagazine link including the call-and-response format, and the blue note, as well as the use of melisma and the griot tradition of a single man telling a story.

The guitar itself came from Spain, specifically from the Moors and their lute (from Arabic "al oud"). Of course the Moors came from ----- Africa.

Which also btw gave us the banjo.
The blue note didn't exist until the late 1800's. The form is purely European and the call and response is largely credited with field calls.
The banjo, ironically associated with white Appalachian music, is an African instrument. Just as European instruments, the guitar and Richter-tuned harmonica, are ironically largely associated with black music.

But it's allegedly African, according to the brainwashed here. So they should have had it in Africa long before colonial slavery making slavery moot.

I didn't say African. The Blues is uniquely American. It IS from black culture, but distinctly black culture. Cajun influence is dripping from the blues, a three chord rotation and pentatonic scale forming the foundation.

And Pogo is a retard, 95% of the shit he posts is either made up by him, or copied from some whack job anti-culture source. Pogo thinks music is genetic, which makes him a racist asslick. Music is cultural. The blues are 100% American.
But the culture you refer to as black is infused with European influence so it is no more black than it is white. The circumstance of black Americans led to the marriage of the various elements but too many mistakenly clam the genre as a black-only thing. It is, as you pointed out, purely American.

Human beings have been eating chicken since a cave man saw a chicken wander into the fire and after a half hour thought "holly hell that smells good."

Slavery.

The elements of it certainly were African, some of which were discussed in Asclepias' Jazzedmagazine link including the call-and-response format, and the blue note, as well as the use of melisma and the griot tradition of a single man telling a story.

The guitar itself came from Spain, specifically from the Moors and their lute (from Arabic "al oud"). Of course the Moors came from ----- Africa.

The blue note didn't exist until the late 1800's. The form is purely European and the call and response is largely credited with field calls.
The banjo, ironically associated with white Appalachian music, is an African instrument. Just as European instruments, the guitar and Richter-tuned harmonica, are ironically largely associated with black music.

The blue note didn't exist until the late 1800's. The form is purely European

From the jazzedmagazine link linked earlier on the blue note:

>> In Winthrop Sargeant’s book Jazz: Hot and Hybrid, in his chapters on the scalar structure of jazz and the derivation of the blues, he makes the case that the blues scale, with its blue notes (lowered 3rd and 7th of the major scale), are derived primarily from African sources; and, as author Schuller points out, “from the quartal and quintal harmonies of African singing and from the tendency of African melodies to shift around a central tone.” <<

What's your point here?
and the call and response is largely credited with field calls.

Tell us why africa kept it all a secret until the late 19th century?

Kept what a secret? Fried chicken??
Blues music. You made a post about Africa and blue notes, etc. Why was it allegedly kept a secret for so long?

Between the time it was invented and when it became popular it was "kept a secret", if you can call it that, because the music "industry", which was just then starting to conceive of itself as an industry, put its money and resources and promotion into white records. At least until they figured out that there were other niche markets called "country" and "jazz" and "ethnic" and in this case "blues", which were known as "race records". But that same industry, which invented those genres (see Ralph Peer) was happy to sell those "race records" among the newly-mobile and newly-more-affluent black population that migrated northward with the northern industrial expansion of World War I.

That also has to do with why I'll never use the term "cover version". Because that has a specific racist meaning.
So why wasn't it played in Africa for centiueis before? Why is it still not played in Africa?
What was so special about the late 1800's that made blues have to be exposed then? Did blacks suddenly begin dropping records then as it suddenly became cost effective?
Why is there not blues and jazz in Africa and why wasn't it there for centuries?

So why wasn't it played in Africa for centiueis before?

Because it hadn't been invented (as such) yet. But the elements that comprised it certainly were.

Why is it still not played in Africa?

It is.

What was so special about the late 1800's that made blues have to be exposed then? Did blacks suddenly begin dropping records then as it suddenly became cost effective?

Not sure what "suddenly begin dropping records" means but some of it, especially jazz, has to do with Congo Square, the only place in America where blacks were free to express their heritage, in the 19th century. See that "Hear That Long Snake Moan" link from earlier for more on this.

Why is there not blues and jazz in Africa and why wasn't it there for centuries?

Again, there IS blues and jazz in Africa, and the elements that led to it, and other forms of music, WERE there for centuries.

I'll come back at a later time to post examples, but right now I have a radio show to do.

Slavery.

>> In Winthrop Sargeant’s book Jazz: Hot and Hybrid, in his chapters on the scalar structure of jazz and the derivation of the blues, he makes the case that the blues scale, with its blue notes (lowered 3rd and 7th of the major scale), are derived primarily from African sources; and, as author Schuller points out, “from the quartal and quintal harmonies of African singing and from the tendency of African melodies to shift around a central tone.” <<

What's your point here?
My point is my irrefutable though unprovable thesis; the Richter-tuned diatonic harmonica is responsible for the advent of blues and subsequently jazz.
Hohner began distributing these instruments for free as a means of promotion. Black people, being extremely poor at the time, were the perfect clientele.
The flatted seventh is a natural result of cross position mode on a Richter harp. The flatted third is easily achieved in the same position by intentionally redirecting airflow on the third hole from the left. Both physical and unintended consequences of the original tuning and design. Blues origins are rooted to the same era as the advent of that harmonica.
Do you have any basic (and I mean basic) understanding of piano design? I have a perfect, easy-to-see illustration of this theory using a piano keyboard.

So why wasn't it played in Africa for centiueis before?

Because it hadn't been invented (as such) yet. But the elements that comprised it certainly were.

Why is it still not played in Africa?

It is.

Not sure what "suddenly begin dropping records" means but some of it, especially jazz, has to do with Congo Square, the only place in America where blacks were free to express their heritage, in the 19th century. See that "Hear That Long Snake Moan" link from earlier for more on this.

Again, there IS blues and jazz in Africa, and the elements that led to it, and other forms of music, WERE there for centuries.

I'll come back at a later time to post examples, but right now I have a radio show to do.
There was not and is not blues and jazz in Africa beyond that which was imported from America. Blues and jazz didn't exist even as nearby as the Caribbean though plenty of Arfrican slave trade existed there. This genre is specifically American. And the circumstances required were not in those other places.
You're parroting more Afro-centrist arrogant propaganda.

Looks like lefties are all sensitive.

I don't mind cultures sharing and blending.

BUT many lefties seem to care.

They accuse us of stealing their culture just because they invented something that we in turn like.

Well....lefties...black lefties in particular.....we invented basketball and football. And baseball. STOP playing it haha!!! It's OUR culture!!

Looks like lefties are all sensitive.

I don't mind cultures sharing and blending.

BUT many lefties seem to care.

They accuse us of stealing their culture just because they invented something that we in turn like.

Well....lefties...black lefties in particular.....we invented basketball and football. And baseball. STOP playing it haha!!! It's OUR culture!!
Not until you give up keeping track of time and math. Sorry Blacks invented both.

Slavery.

What's your point here?
Damn!!!...you just punked him out over the internet...

They didnt. White people were just too ignorant to understand. Here is a white person to help you.

The African Origins of Jazz

Excellent article, inspecting the details of rhythms, polyrhythms, blue notes and syncopation (which was unknown in European music, and which led to ragtime as well) --- all of which came from Africa.

We get so used to syncopation we forget it was Africa that gave it to us. One of my favorite examples--- the lead vocal, going in and out of syncopation, sometimes on the beat, other times completely off it --- all the while a prominent bass is doing the same thing:

Also worth noting: this version that became the hit is significantly more syncopated than the first take. Clearly they knew what would make it come alive.
It isn't reaching too far to note that there's a certain freedom in not being tied down to a precise beat, which is what the rigidly structured European tradition did... :eusa_think:

Rap is known to invoke syncopation in both the lyrics and the music itself. Check out the first rapper. His whole gimmick is syncopation.

Oh definitely, that's dripping with syncopation.

My problem with rap is a much more basic level --- nobody likes being yelled at.

You need something smooth with a rap vibe to it. Here try this

Sorry, as a musician who respects the art I absolutely will not listen to music with a harmonizer in it. That thing needs to die, yesterday. :death:

You're tough bruh....How about some Drake? Ever heard some of his stuff?

Forum List

Back