Frivolous litigants crucified by court-Rachel Maddow melts down

The brady billl had nothing to do with those drops.....considering more people own and carry guns now.....but you are a gun grabber and lying and falsifying data are what you do....

How about explaining the mechanics of how the bradyh law lowered gun homicides in the U.S.?

You mean that people who wanted to buy a gun because they were "angry now" couldn't?

You see, that's the thing, give a person time to cool off, they will.

And the reduction in gun murders that you attribute to the Brady bill, were they significantly greater than the reductions before the bill? Or after? Just because it happened at the same time doesn't necessarily mean anything.

The bill also restricted "assault" rifles. Those guns were used in less than 1% of violent crimes prior to the Brady bill. While the Brady Bill was in effect, they still accounted for less than 1% of violent crimes. And after it was allowed to expire? Yep, still less than 1%.

The bill was window dressing and had little actual effect.

And the reduction in gun murders that you attribute to the Brady bill, were they significantly greater than the reductions before the bill? Or after? Just because it happened at the same time doesn't necessarily mean anything.

The bill also restricted "assault" rifles. Those guns were used in less than 1% of violent crimes prior to the Brady bill. While the Brady Bill was in effect, they still accounted for less than 1% of violent crimes. And after it was allowed to expire? Yep, still less than 1%.

Well, it had the effect of making the gun industry nuts...

But I'll take the reductions in death, thank you.

Well, it had the effect of making the gun industry nuts...

But I'll take the reductions in death, thank you.

I'll take the reductions too. I just won't attribute them to the Brady bill, since the gun murder rates have been steadily dropping for decades.

In fact, the largest gun murder rate reductions have happened at a time when more people are getting CCW permits.

I'll take the reductions too. I just won't attribute them to the Brady bill, since the gun murder rates have been steadily dropping for decades.

In fact, the largest gun murder rate reductions have happened at a time when more people are getting CCW permits.

Not really. But you gun nuts keep telling yourself that. I'm sure that you will parachute out of here to some gun nut website that will use dubious math to make those claims.

Hey, you know what really would reduce gun deaths? Banning fucking guns.

Which is what every other industrial democracy has done.

Not really. But you gun nuts keep telling yourself that. I'm sure that you will parachute out of here to some gun nut website that will use dubious math to make those claims.

Because banning illegal drugs has stopped their use completely, hasn't it?

Well that's funny considering that Chi town had one of the highest murder rates in the country, and that number has dropped since the gun bans were revoked.

The brady billl had nothing to do with those drops.....considering more people own and carry guns now.....but you are a gun grabber and lying and falsifying data are what you do....

How about explaining the mechanics of how the bradyh law lowered gun homicides in the U.S.?

You mean that people who wanted to buy a gun because they were "angry now" couldn't?

You see, that's the thing, give a person time to cool off, they will.
you are too stupid to understand that the "cooling off" if it is going to happen will happen long before you drive to a gun shop, pick out a gun, fill out the paperwork, wait for the NICS check to clear

stupid Gorebot

[

11,000 gun homicides and 19,500 suicides say otherwise.

Your idiocy proves my point. people willing to go through the steps to buy a gun legally are not going to "cool off" with a waiting period

a right delayed is a right denied. there is no legitimate reason for a waiting period

given an asshole like you wants to ban gun ownership and you support a waiting period, it proves that you intend that said waiting period be used to harass lawful gun owners

[

11,000 gun homicides and 19,500 suicides say otherwise.

Your idiocy proves my point. people willing to go through the steps to buy a gun legally are not going to "cool off" with a waiting period

a right delayed is a right denied. there is no legitimate reason for a waiting period

given an asshole like you wants to ban gun ownership and you support a waiting period, it proves that you intend that said waiting period be used to harass lawful gun owners

"Cooling off" period is bull. Anyone who would think of buying a gun and killing other people is nuts, and more than likely if the person is taking steps to actually obtain the weapon, then there will be no "cooling off."

"Cooling off" period is bull. Anyone who would think of buying a gun and killing other people is nuts, and more than likely if the person is taking steps to actually obtain the weapon, then there will be no "cooling off."

Anyone who would think of buying a gun at all is nuts.

The best argument for gun control is to let the gun nuts talk.

That aside. Guy finds out his wife is cheating on him. He goes out, buys a gun, shoots her boyfriend.

Or he is forced to wait a week, maybe he works it out, maybe he sees a divorce lawyer, maybe he realized the bitch was no good to start with.

But in the immortal words of Homer Simpson... "Waiting period? I'm mad now!"

That aside. Guy finds out his wife is cheating on him. He goes out, buys a gun, shoots her boyfriend.

Or he is forced to wait a week, maybe he works it out, maybe he sees a divorce lawyer, maybe he realized the bitch was no good to start with.

Or a woman finds out her boyfriend wants to kill her or that she has a stalker. Sure she can defend herself....next week.

Which do you think is more common?

Or a woman finds out her boyfriend wants to kill her or that she has a stalker. Sure she can defend herself....next week.

Yeah, then she can have a gun her stalker can shoot her with - WHICH HAS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Women shooting their stalkers. Not so much.

Here's another story you won't see on the NRA website.

Having a Gun in the House Doesn t Make a Woman Safer - The Atlantic

Christy Salters Martin is a professional boxer and the owner of a concealed carry permit. But when she attempted to leave her husband, she was shot with her own gun. Today, she cautions other women against making the same mistake. “Just putting a weapon in the woman’s hand is not going to reduce the number of fatalities or gunshot victims that we have. Too many times, their male counterpart or spouse will be able to overpower them and take that gun away.”

It has long been recognized that higher rates of gun availability correlate with higher rates of female homicide. Women in the United States account for 84 percent of all female firearm victims in the developed world, even though they make up only a third of the developed world’s female population. And within American borders, women die at higher rates from suicide, homicide, and accidental firearm deaths in states where guns are more widely available. This is true even after controlling for factors such as urbanization, alcohol use, education, poverty, and divorce rates.

No problem... the NRA will just sell these ladies pink guns. That will do the trick.

Yeah, then she can have a gun her stalker can shoot her with - WHICH HAS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Women shooting their stalkers. Not so much.

Here's another story you won't see on the NRA website.

Having a Gun in the House Doesn t Make a Woman Safer - The Atlantic

Christy Salters Martin is a professional boxer and the owner of a concealed carry permit. But when she attempted to leave her husband, she was shot with her own gun. Today, she cautions other women against making the same mistake. “Just putting a weapon in the woman’s hand is not going to reduce the number of fatalities or gunshot victims that we have. Too many times, their male counterpart or spouse will be able to overpower them and take that gun away.”

It has long been recognized that higher rates of gun availability correlate with higher rates of female homicide. Women in the United States account for 84 percent of all female firearm victims in the developed world, even though they make up only a third of the developed world’s female population. And within American borders, women die at higher rates from suicide, homicide, and accidental firearm deaths in states where guns are more widely available. This is true even after controlling for factors such as urbanization, alcohol use, education, poverty, and divorce rates.

No problem... the NRA will just sell these ladies pink guns. That will do the trick.

Wouldn't want the women to be able to protect themselves, would you?

Oh, and the NRA doesn't sell women guns. They just make sure gov't worshipping wimps like you don't take away their right to own one. And they provide more firearm training than anyone in the nation except the military. So those women who were unable to use their gun, didn't store it properly, or did something stupid with it could certainly use the NRA courses.

a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy. I knew a lady who bought a gun for protection and had to bury her teenage son after he shot himself with it.

I know you don't consider this a big deal, but she did.

Oh, and the NRA doesn't sell women guns. They just make sure gov't worshipping wimps like you don't take away their right to own one. And they provide more firearm training than anyone in the nation except the military. So those women who were unable to use their gun, didn't store it properly, or did something stupid with it could certainly use the NRA courses.

The NRA are shills for the gun industry and their desire to make sure every lunatic can get a gun, so everyone else will want one.

Wasn't always that way. Back in the 1960's, they helped draft gun control laws after we had riots and assassinations.

a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy. I knew a lady who bought a gun for protection and had to bury her teenage son after he shot himself with it.

I know you don't consider this a big deal, but she did.

The NRA are shills for the gun industry and their desire to make sure every lunatic can get a gun, so everyone else will want one.

Wasn't always that way. Back in the 1960's, they helped draft gun control laws after we had riots and assassinations.

And a gun is far more likely to not be used to kill anyone, by a huge margin. More than 99.9% of guns in homes are never used to shoot anyone.

No, I do consider it a big deal. You are the one who thinks its ok for certain people to be murdered.

And if her son wanted to commit suicide, he would have done it without a gun. If it was an accidental shooting, then she was an idiot for not properly storing her firearm. But then, you always seem to have these "I knew someone..." stories. I'll give you credit for being inventive. You aren't truthful, but you ARE inventive.

No, there are plenty of legal uses for guns, such as competition shooting and self defense. Sorry that you are a paranoid schizophrenic. A psychiatrist can help you with that.

If there are any "gun nuts" it would be you and people like you. You are utterly ridiculous.

Maybe he stabs the boyfriend, maybe he beats him to death . . . :blahblah: Absolutely pointless, is what you are.

There are ALREADY background checks. What is WRONG with you?

No, there are plenty of legal uses for guns, such as competition shooting and self defense. Sorry that you are a paranoid schizophrenic. A psychiatrist can help you with that.

If there are any "gun nuts" it would be you and people like you. You are utterly ridiculous.

Maybe he stabs the boyfriend, maybe he beats him to death . . . Absolutely pointless, is what you are.

There are ALREADY background checks. What is WRONG with you?

Background checks that apparently said a guy who thought he was the fucking Joker could have a machine gun... are totally inadequate.

We have 32,000 gun deaths a year. That's what's ridiculous.

Forum List

Back