Frivolous litigants crucified by court-Rachel Maddow melts down

And on top of that, gun dealers have called the police and federal authorities on people they know were up to no good...and they don't get credit for it....a guy from canada with a fake I.D. just got stopped because a gun dealer was suspicious....and there are cases of this all the time...you just don't hear about them.......it wrecks the meme that gun dealers are just handing guns out to criminals like candy.....

32,000 gun deaths. 78,000 gun injuries. 300,000 gun crimes.

Sounds kind of like they are.

7f3de043ee03fde5f25ae0ed2aebe627.jpg

300,000 gun crimes.

And of course you ignore the research...40 years of research by actual criminologists, and economists both private and public...many of whom are as anti gun as you are joe....who have found that guns are at a minimum used 764,000 times a year to stop violent crime and save lives and taken together, the studies show when averaged that violent criminals are stopped 2 million times a year.....

Yup!

And....licensed gun owners don't commit crimes.

1. Example: “Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.” http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/17/2572467/few-crimes-committed-by-concealed.html (That's .00086%)

And on top of that, gun dealers have called the police and federal authorities on people they know were up to no good...and they don't get credit for it....a guy from canada with a fake I.D. just got stopped because a gun dealer was suspicious....and there are cases of this all the time...you just don't hear about them.......it wrecks the meme that gun dealers are just handing guns out to criminals like candy.....

300,000 gun crimes.

And of course you ignore the research...40 years of research by actual criminologists, and economists both private and public...many of whom are as anti gun as you are joe....who have found that guns are at a minimum used 764,000 times a year to stop violent crime and save lives and taken together, the studies show when averaged that violent criminals are stopped 2 million times a year.....

Yup!

1. Example: “Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.” http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/17/2572467/few-crimes-committed-by-concealed.html (That's .00086%)

And how many were crimes and how many were carrying in the wrong place, a place with a sticker or other non crime that most people consider actual gun crimes...like using it to rob a convenience store.......

300,000 gun crimes.

Yup!

And licensed gun owners/carriers are more law abiding than sworn police officers...

CPRC in Fox News Police are extremely Law-abiding but concealed handgun permit holders are even more so - Crime Prevention Research Center crimeresearch.org

Concealed carry permit holders are even more law-abiding. Between October 1, 1987 and January 31, 2015, Florida revoked 9,366 concealed handgun permits for misdemeanors or felonies. This is an annual rate of 12.5 per 100,000 permit holders — a mere tenth of the rate at which officers commit misdemeanors and felonies. In Texas in 2012, the last year the data is available, 120 permit holders were convicted of misdemeanors or felonies – a rate of 20.5 per 100,000, still just a sixth of the rate for police. . . .

300,000 gun crimes.

Yup!

And how many were crimes and how many were carrying in the wrong place, a place with a sticker or other non crime that most people consider actual gun crimes...like using it to rob a convenience store.......

Yet the sheer undeniable mathematical proof will not convince those indoctrinated to waive thinking in favor of big government infallibility.

Once again you try using lies as an argument.

No one is claiming the right to kill people. There is a right to defend yourself, but that is a completely different matter.

And it is funny that you think the law is "fucked up" when it requires that mental health professionals submit the names of the crazies to the system. But you expect a gun store clerk to be able to diagnose mental illnesses. It is obvious you are far more interested in disarming the population than in saving lives.

i expect the gun industry to stop marketting to crazy people.

Until they pay some fines and few of them go to jail, they will keep doing it.

GUy, DGU's are horseshit, which is why I ignore any claims about them.

I know three people killed by guns.

I know ZERO saved by them.

Yet the sheer undeniable mathematical proof will not convince those indoctrinated to waive thinking in favor of big government infallibility.

Political Spice, every other developed country either bans private gun ownership or severely limits it.

They have a tiny fraction of our crime rate.

Once again you try using lies as an argument.

No one is claiming the right to kill people. There is a right to defend yourself, but that is a completely different matter.

And it is funny that you think the law is "fucked up" when it requires that mental health professionals submit the names of the crazies to the system. But you expect a gun store clerk to be able to diagnose mental illnesses. It is obvious you are far more interested in disarming the population than in saving lives.

i expect the gun industry to stop marketting to crazy people.

Until they pay some fines and few of them go to jail, they will keep doing it.

If the mental health professionals you are defending would put the names in the database, those crazies couldn't buy from dealers. Simple solution. And no one markets to crazies. That is just more of your lying.

Political Spice, every other developed country either bans private gun ownership or severely limits it.

They have a tiny fraction of our crime rate.

Many developed countries have total number of murders that are a fraction of what we have that do not involve guns. Which proves that guns are not the problem, it is the violent culture we live in. You know, the one where you cheer union thugs beating people up and cheer federal agents murdering unarmed women??

EXCEPT- that's 1% every year. Over 30 years, that would be 30% of the population, or one out of three people you would know had an experience where they chased off a bad guy with a gun and didn't have to shoot him.

I'm 53 years old and I know a lot of gun owners. I don't know one who ever had to use his gun defensively. I do know THREE who had family members killed with guns (One murder and two suicides.)

Chris knows me-she knows I shot a mugger. I stopped another guy from breaking into my apartment. I stopped some assholes trying to break into my parent's house as well

Pistol Pistol, 12 G Ithaca 37 shotgun

I know two people who killed themselves

one "gorged out" into the rocks and another ate a shotgun.,

[
Completely fucking relevant. It shows that you are concerned about what it looks like, as opposed to any actual danger.

And no where did you have someone go to prison when laws were not broken. No laws were broken in the sale of the gun.
Why argue with JoeBanner when crime control has nothing to do with his motivation. He is still squirming in his soiled panties over Bush winning twice and he blames gun owners for keeping Gorebot and Kerry out of the white house

If the mental health professionals you are defending would put the names in the database, those crazies couldn't buy from dealers. Simple solution. And no one markets to crazies. That is just more of your lying.

are you kidding. "Consider your man card reissued". Who do you think that appeals to?

Chris knows me-she knows I shot a mugger. I stopped another guy from breaking into my apartment. I stopped some assholes trying to break into my parent's house as well

So if true, no one who was actually a dangerous criminal. Which it probably isn't.

Many developed countries have total number of murders that are a fraction of what we have that do not involve guns. Which proves that guns are not the problem, it is the violent culture we live in. You know, the one where you cheer union thugs beating people up and cheer federal agents murdering unarmed women??

You mean Scabs and Nazis? Yeah, I have no problem when they get whats coming to 'em.

Why argue with JoeBanner when crime control has nothing to do with his motivation. He is still squirming in his soiled panties over Bush winning twice and he blames gun owners for keeping Gorebot and Kerry out of the white house

No, I blame the Homophobes for 2004. The gun nuts were responsible for 2000.

The Homophobes have been defeated. Heh, heh, heh. Gay marriage is legal and those fucks got to bake that cake.

We're coming for the gun nuts next.

are you kidding. "Consider your man card reissued". Who do you think that appeals to?

Do you think Holmes was after his manliness?

No, I blame the Homophobes for 2004. The gun nuts were responsible for 2000.

The Homophobes have been defeated. Heh, heh, heh. Gay marriage is legal and those fucks got to bake that cake.

We're coming for the gun nuts next.

You were responsible for 2000 as well.

You mean Scabs and Nazis? Yeah, I have no problem when they get whats coming to 'em.

And you are part of the violent culture that creates the number of murders we have. So of us don't want anyone murdered.

[
Completely fucking relevant. It shows that you are concerned about what it looks like, as opposed to any actual danger.

And no where did you have someone go to prison when laws were not broken. No laws were broken in the sale of the gun.

Eh, he is entertaining. Watching him squirm, dance and lie to try and salvage his point is hilarious.

You were responsible for 2000 as well.

Well, yes and no. Yes, I voted for him. No, because I live in IL, and IL was never in dispute.

The gun nuts did flip TN, which cost Gore the presidency.

The homophobes flipped Ohio, which cost Kerry the preisdency. We could have avoided 2008 if that hadn't happened.

Forum List

Back