🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fuck these new TV's

My car sends me emails about how neglectful I am. Change my oil, rotate my tires, waa waa. I have a watch that buzzes me to weigh myself, drink more water, and rats on my poor diet to the doctor. It yells if I leave it off too long.
First world problems.
Lol

If I sit too long my watch says start moving

No one asked. Sober up.

Now you are just plain talking stupid. You don't even understand the difference between computer power and mere computing speed.

You've confused all the graphical crap necessary to run tricky GAMES with genuine computing power.
My current pc has more computing power than the shit you ran in 1974.

You really just need to stop. You're several decades behind the technology

Liar Show me ANY owner manual that says you can do that.
YOU SIR ARE LYING THROUGH YOUR FUCKING TEETH

I like you Gramps but I see there is a lot you don't know. Apparently you are unfamiliar with something being HOT SWAPPABLE.

Here's a video of a technician swapping out a HDD in a server WHILE THE SERVER IS RUNNING. You will see him install the drive next to other drives AS THEY RUN then see the new drive light up and start running too.

Lol

If I sit too long my watch says start moving
If someone from the 1950s time traveled into the future and suddenly appeared today, what would be the most challenging thing to explain about modern life? One answer: “I possess a device in my pocket that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get into arguments with strangers.” ~ Via Reddit

I'm annoyed that the 3D TV thing turned out to be a passing fad. Last time my wife and I bought a new TV, our first and so far only non-CRT-based TV, a big deal was being made of 3D. I thought it was neat, so we got a 3D TV and a 3D Blu-ray player, and most of the better movies, I've held out for versions on 3D Blu-ray if available.

With some movies, it truly does significantly enhance the experience of watching them.

Hopefully, our current TV will last a long time, but it chagrins me to know that when/if it finally fails, I will surely not be able to obtain a suitable replacement for it.
You hit the nail on the head not being able to find a suitable replacement. The aim of all technology companies is to get good reviews and a good display in the showroom. Very few people know exactly what they are buying. They look at a long list of features such such as wifi, super sound and super resolution, and long lists of stuff they never heard of that will be essentially useless for most viewing. When you get the set home then you start seeing that it doesn't work well with your old sound bar or you have to turn the TV off and pair it every time you use your earphones. Then you find that the all purpose remote that comes with the TV does not support all functions of your cable box or other external input so you find your yourself having to use the TV remote, cable box remote plus a keyboard and mouse in order to use all functions.

Basically technology companies have to offer a steady stream of new features which customers have to adapt to like it or not when they purchase a new device. If you stay with the same brand, the transition is easier but not seamless.

Last edited:
I like you Gramps but I see there is a lot you don't know. Apparently you are unfamiliar with something being HOT SWAPPABLE.

Here's a video of a technician swapping out a HDD in a server WHILE THE SERVER IS RUNNING. You will see him install the drive next to other drives AS THEY RUN then see the new drive light up and start running too.

That is not a home computer. YOU are full of it. You stepped in it and I called you on it. You CAN NOT DO THAT with modern home pc's.

Period

If someone from the 1950s time traveled into the future and suddenly appeared today, what would be the most challenging thing to explain about modern life? One answer: “I possess a device in my pocket that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get into arguments with strangers.” ~ Via Reddit
That is hilarious. Thank you.

Awe look at the poor scrub, got caught in his BULLSHIT and now resorts to CINA...all while he owns Apple.

Too fucking funny

WHAT bullshit? My computer was built in California, engineered in Califonia. No chinkery allowed. I see you didn't even bother to look at the Apple link I provided. Apple is into a lot heavier shit than your iPhone. Your PC can't touch a MacPro. These are PROFESSIONAL computers, not toys. I've even spoken to Apple Engineering a few times.

Ok let's stop this you know what contest and change the topic to:
What's the weirdest computer you ever had?
Mine was an early 90's no name custom computer that as it aged stoped booting up and the only way to start it up, was using a hairdryer to the insides, mainly the processor and motherboard. This is opposite normal functions whereby computers will shut down due to excessive heat, mine required it to have a functioning bootup.

WHAT bullshit? My computer was built in California, engineered in Califonia. No chinkery allowed. I see you didn't even bother to look at the Apple link I provided. Apple is into a lot heavier shit than your iPhone. Your PC can't touch a MacPro. These are PROFESSIONAL computers, not toys. I've even spoken to Apple Engineering a few times.
We weren't talking about PROFESSIONAL pc's lol.

You asked about my pcs computing power and I told you 9 terraflops.

You then posted a pic of "your" pc and then pissed and moaned when I posted pics of mine.

How many terraflops does YOUR pc have?

When I first got the car I had unending problems with starting it. It would send me emails on what I was supposed to do to overcome the immobilizer that is controlled by an app on my phone.

You should have given it to ol' Grampy-- -- he would have installed water cooled jackets on it and colored lights under the hood and fixed it right up for you. Open beer bottles for ya too . . . . :21:

Ok let's stop this you know what contest snd change the topic to:
What's the weirdest computer you ever had?
Mine was an early 90's no name custom computer that as it aged stoped booting up and the only way to start it up, was using a hairdryer to the insides, mainly the processor and motherboard. This is opposite normal functions whereby computers will shut down due to excessive heat, mine required it to have a functioning bootup.
I gotta goto bed anyhow so have fun. My strangest pc was a hybrid my dad made from a Magnavox Odysee

Forum List

Back