Gabby Giffords blasts Senate sellout

Humans grew a bigger brain BECAUSE we cared about our fellow humans.

Pack animals have to cooperate and that takes a higher level of intelligence

Human's grew a bigger brain because we became predators who ate meat.

As Americans, they have a Constitutional right to voice their opinions
As vicitims of extreme gun related attacks they have a moral right

Is it moral to attack the Freedoms of Law abiding citizens for the actions of a few lunatics? I think not. In fact it's quite the opposite of moral.

How do background checks attack your freedom?

They don't, but gun grabbers wont stop there. How does inconveniencing Law abiding citizens stop crime?

As Americans, they have a right to express their opinions. As victims of crime, I hope they dog these Senators at every turn

The NRA would do it.........Giffords and the Sandy Hook parents need to do the same

So you admit that the left uses Giffords, and the Sandy Hook parents to politicize the gun control agenda. They have that Right, just as rational and Law abiding gun owners do.

So you kooks are all for constituional rights except for the 2nd amendment, got it thanks........... :thup:

Senators aren't elected by The Whole Country, bub.

They represent their states.

Southerners, not senators. Perhaps you are the one who should lay off the vodka.

You don't read for comprehension, do you. The main topic of this thread is that the Senate didn't pass gun control. Your comrades are asserting that Senators should follow nationwide public opinion polls. The reference to Southerns opposing civil rights is one showing the potential damaging impact of mob rule. I referred back to the role of Senators in representing their states, not a mob.

If you had been able to keep up, you would have gotten the joke and my exchange with Don't Taz

Southerners, not senators. Perhaps you are the one who should lay off the vodka.

You don't read for comprehension, do you. The main topic of this thread is that the Senate didn't pass gun control. Your comrades are asserting that Senators should follow nationwide public opinion polls. The reference to Southerns opposing civil rights is one showing the potential damaging impact of mob rule. I referred back to the role of Senators in representing their states, not a mob.

If you had been able to keep up, you would have gotten the joke and my exchange with Don't Taz

I call shenanigans. You never post anything that remotely qualifies as a joke.

As Americans, they have a right to express their opinions. As victims of crime, I hope they dog these Senators at every turn

The NRA would do it.........Giffords and the Sandy Hook parents need to do the same

So you admit that the left uses Giffords, and the Sandy Hook parents to politicize the gun control agenda. They have that Right, just as rational and Law abiding gun owners do.

Like the NRA does not politicize.

Like the NRA does not politicize.

You're implying that the NRA doesn't have members who are registered Democrats -which they do.

I call shenanigans. You never post anything that remotely qualifies as a joke.

I am always posting humor and sarcasm, you just do not get it.

Sure they did....with 90% of Americans supporting enhanced background checks
As the number of victims of gun violence increase each year, so will the resolve to take needed steps. Ultimately the NRA will be the cause of stiff gun control laws.

Gun control is a losing leftist cause, it always has been and it always will be. People are unwilling to hand away their Freedoms just because some emotionally compromised citizens cannot handle the minor negatives that always accompany Freedom.
Oh really. Gallop polls have ask the following question since the early nineties:

In general, do you feel the laws covering the sale of firearms should be more strict, kept as they are, or made less strict.

In these 16 gallop polls conducted over the last 18 years, more than 58% have agreed that laws covering firearm sales should be stricter. Only twice have less than half the respondents not agreed.

Guns | Gallup Historical Trends

There are three factors that will lead to much stiffer gun control laws in the future.

• Minorities, which will be the majority soon, overwhelmingly support sticker gun control.

[*]The strongest support for sticker gun control are young voters ages 18-29.

[*]With more firearms with ever greater firepower being sold to the general public, Atrocities such as Sandy Hook will only increase in number and scope.

IMHO, the NRA and other gun lobbyists should be working to pass laws that keep guns out of the hands of lunatics and felons. It is better to agree to some minor inconvenience in the purchase of guns now, than to face much sticker controls in the future.

As the number of victims of gun violence increase each year, so will the resolve to take needed steps. Ultimately the NRA will be the cause of stiff gun control laws.

Gun control is a losing leftist cause, it always has been and it always will be. People are unwilling to hand away their Freedoms just because some emotionally compromised citizens cannot handle the minor negatives that always accompany Freedom.
Oh really. Gallop polls have ask the following question since the early nineties:

In general, do you feel the laws covering the sale of firearms should be more strict, kept as they are, or made less strict.

In these 16 gallop polls conducted over the last 18 years, more than 58% have agreed that laws covering firearm sales should be stricter. Only twice have less than half the respondents not agreed.

Guns | Gallup Historical Trends

There are three factors that will lead to much stiffer gun control laws in the future.

• Minorities, which will be the majority soon, overwhelmingly support sticker gun control.

[*]The strongest support for sticker gun control are young voters ages 18-29.

[*]With more firearms with ever greater firepower being sold to the general public, Atrocities such as Sandy Hook will only increase in number and scope.

IMHO, the NRA and other gun lobbyists should be working to pass laws that keep guns out of the hands of lunatics and felons. It is better to agree to some minor inconvenience in the purchase of guns now, than to face much sticker controls in the future.
This just in: You scaremonger gun grabbing freaks just lost.

Suck it! :lol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/18/opinion/a-senate-in-the-gun-lobbys-grip.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

SENATORS say they fear the N.R.A. and the gun lobby. But I think that fear must be nothing compared to the fear the first graders in Sandy Hook Elementary School felt as their lives ended in a hail of bullets. The fear that those children who survived the massacre must feel every time they remember their teachers stacking them into closets and bathrooms, whispering that they loved them, so that love would be the last thing the students heard if the gunman found them.

On Wednesday, a minority of senators gave into fear and blocked common-sense legislation that would have made it harder for criminals and people with dangerous mental illnesses to get hold of deadly firearms — a bill that could prevent future tragedies like those in Newtown, Conn., Aurora, Colo., Blacksburg, Va., and too many communities to count.

Speaking is physically difficult for me. But my feelings are clear: I’m furious. I will not rest until we have righted the wrong these senators have done, and until we have changed our laws so we can look parents in the face and say: We are trying to keep your children safe. We cannot allow the status quo — desperately protected by the gun lobby so that they can make more money by spreading fear and misinformation — to go on.

I am asking every reasonable American to help me tell the truth about the cowardice these senators demonstrated. I am asking for mothers to stop these lawmakers at the grocery store and tell them: You’ve lost my vote.

cite the senators who said that. i call bullshit.

Is it moral to attack the Freedoms of Law abiding citizens for the actions of a few lunatics? I think not. In fact it's quite the opposite of moral.

ever hear of expectation of privacy?

not saying that is answer, but i can see the argument. what if you had to have a background check to buy alcohol, would you support that?

not saying that is answer, but i can see the argument. what if you had to have a background check to buy alcohol, would you support that?
We restrict the sale of goods based on how dangerous the items are. It would be hard to argue that a fifth of liquor is more dangerous than an assault rifle.

We restrict the sale of goods based on how dangerous the items are. It would be hard to argue that a fifth of liquor is more dangerous than an assault rifle.

the counter to that would be that alcohol is not protected under the constitution. what about a background check for a drivers license? autos are more dangerous than guns.

Sure they did....with 90% of Americans supporting enhanced background checks

Giffords is right.

We can't count on Congress to do the right thing. We need a grassroots movement to haunt those Senators who voted against sensible background checks. Send Sandy Hook parents to fundraisers and public events when they are running for reelection. Let the parents of murdered children ask why they refuse to do anything about it

Until Giffords and her movement get more political clout than the NRA....nothing will be done

We saw that yesterday

oh hell, i would vote against the bill just because i am sick to fucking death of gabby giffords.

giffords didnt give more then a minor a shit about any of this until she got shot?

Giffords is right.

We can't count on Congress to do the right thing. We need a grassroots movement to haunt those Senators who voted against sensible background checks. Send Sandy Hook parents to fundraisers and public events when they are running for reelection. Let the parents of murdered children ask why they refuse to do anything about it

Until Giffords and her movement get more political clout than the NRA....nothing will be done

We saw that yesterday

oh hell, i would vote against the bill just because i am sick to fucking death of gabby giffords.

giffords didnt give more then a minor a shit about any of this until she got shot?

What you might call a life altering event

Giffords is right.

We saw that yesterday

Kinda like getting hit in the head by a line drive and cringing every time you see a baseball, or hearing the next door kids playing baseball....

But most would not go on the crusade of making kids take tests or go thru background checks before buying a baseball.. or banning the sale of 9.25" baseballs while only restricting softballs and 9" baseballs

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/18/opinion/a-senate-in-the-gun-lobbys-grip.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

SENATORS say they fear the N.R.A. and the gun lobby. But I think that fear must be nothing compared to the fear the first graders in Sandy Hook Elementary School felt as their lives ended in a hail of bullets. The fear that those children who survived the massacre must feel every time they remember their teachers stacking them into closets and bathrooms, whispering that they loved them, so that love would be the last thing the students heard if the gunman found them.

On Wednesday, a minority of senators gave into fear and blocked common-sense legislation that would have made it harder for criminals and people with dangerous mental illnesses to get hold of deadly firearms — a bill that could prevent future tragedies like those in Newtown, Conn., Aurora, Colo., Blacksburg, Va., and too many communities to count.

Speaking is physically difficult for me. But my feelings are clear: I’m furious. I will not rest until we have righted the wrong these senators have done, and until we have changed our laws so we can look parents in the face and say: We are trying to keep your children safe. We cannot allow the status quo — desperately protected by the gun lobby so that they can make more money by spreading fear and misinformation — to go on.

I am asking every reasonable American to help me tell the truth about the cowardice these senators demonstrated. I am asking for mothers to stop these lawmakers at the grocery store and tell them: You’ve lost my vote.

How is what she thinks even relevant? I mean who the hell is she anyway?

Giffords is right.

We saw that yesterday

bottom line is she didnt give a rats ass about gun control until it became personal to herself.... to bad so sad for her and her life altering event. If this was something she cared about before she was shot i would cut her some slack...but she did not. I am sick of her.

Forum List

Back