Gabby Giffords blasts Senate sellout

California, I believe, has the most strict guns laws of any state yet politicians turn a blind eye to the thousands of guns smuggled into the state illegally from Mexico each year. We have more gang violence than any state yet the most strict gun laws.

We have more illegal guns on the street here than legal guns.

These cities you are blathering about don't have strict background checks. No gun shows have them at all.

total lie. gun shows are required to abide by the laws of the state. if a state requres background checks gun shows are required to run them. in NY, if you are not an FFL you can't sell a gun at a gun show.

73370_568266189861917_625950341_n.jpg

sure, once you agree to do the same with voters

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/18/opinion/a-senate-in-the-gun-lobbys-grip.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

SENATORS say they fear the N.R.A. and the gun lobby. But I think that fear must be nothing compared to the fear the first graders in Sandy Hook Elementary School felt as their lives ended in a hail of bullets. The fear that those children who survived the massacre must feel every time they remember their teachers stacking them into closets and bathrooms, whispering that they loved them, so that love would be the last thing the students heard if the gunman found them.

On Wednesday, a minority of senators gave into fear and blocked common-sense legislation that would have made it harder for criminals and people with dangerous mental illnesses to get hold of deadly firearms — a bill that could prevent future tragedies like those in Newtown, Conn., Aurora, Colo., Blacksburg, Va., and too many communities to count.

Speaking is physically difficult for me. But my feelings are clear: I’m furious. I will not rest until we have righted the wrong these senators have done, and until we have changed our laws so we can look parents in the face and say: We are trying to keep your children safe. We cannot allow the status quo — desperately protected by the gun lobby so that they can make more money by spreading fear and misinformation — to go on.

I am asking every reasonable American to help me tell the truth about the cowardice these senators demonstrated. I am asking for mothers to stop these lawmakers at the grocery store and tell them: You’ve lost my vote.

I wonder if the children of the members of the NRA were shot and killed as they attended school, would the NRA decide that maybe they should actually support a few restrictions?

How many people need to die before something is done?

That would be about 40 Million dead children. :lol::lol::lol: Can you keep your hypothetical questions within the confines of reality please. :cuckoo:

Gee. Senators voted consistent with what they think the people in the states they represent want.

Quelle horreur! How dare they not genuflect to the command of the President Who Would Be King!

Talking to our state senator for our district, he said calls, letters and emails in opposition of NY's recent safe act asking him to oppose it are running about 85% vs roughly 15% who ask him to support it. He also said the majority of the requests to support it come on form letters generated by groups like moveon and other liberal machines. the 85% against come from the heart. the 15 for are solicited responses from organizations. the senators voted the way they did because they heard what the real feelings of the people were. not some lib spin article that pulled a 90% figure out of the air

Forum List

Back