Gallup Poll: GOP Hits Record Low

My wife's has not gone up.

My family's has not gone up.

Several older neighbors in the condo have had their insurance go down a bit.

One went up significantly but qualifies for the subsidies, so less out of her pocket.

Majority of Americans rates to rise

-Geaux

Obama's Affordable Care Act Looking a Bit Unaffordable - NationalJournal.com

Obama's Affordable Care Act Looking a Bit UnaffordableIndependent National Journal analysis finds premiums higher under Obamacare as employers weigh dropping coverage.

Republicans have long blamed President Obama's signature health care initiative for increasing insurance costs, dubbing it the "Unaffordable Care Act."

Turns out, they might be right.

For the vast majority of Americans, premium prices will be higher in the individual exchange than what they're currently paying for employer-sponsored benefits, according to a National Journal analysis of new coverage and cost data. Adding even more out-of-pocket expenses to consumers' monthly insurance bills is a swell in deductibles under the Affordable Care Act.

The young and the healthy will be suplementing the cost of health care for the old and unhealthy.

Such is the nature of for-profit HC insurance.

This law theoretically gives the poor a break in that it helps cover the cost of their premiums.

Still this system is very inefficient compared to single payer universal HC that Obama rejected without even seriously exploring the idea.

So the USA is still wasting may 25% of every HC dollar it spends nationally.

One went up significantly but qualifies for the subsidies, so less out of her pocket.

-Geaux

Obama's Affordable Care Act Looking a Bit UnaffordableIndependent National Journal analysis finds premiums higher under Obamacare as employers weigh dropping coverage.

Republicans have long blamed President Obama's signature health care initiative for increasing insurance costs, dubbing it the "Unaffordable Care Act."

For the vast majority of Americans, premium prices will be higher in the individual exchange than what they're currently paying for employer-sponsored benefits, according to a National Journal analysis of new coverage and cost data. Adding even more out-of-pocket expenses to consumers' monthly insurance bills is a swell in deductibles under the Affordable Care Act.

This is a projection like all the others. Some are positive. Others are negative. Only time will tell.

-Geaux

This is a projection like all the others. Some are positive. Others are negative. Only time will tell.

The projection became fact for me and many, many others

-Geaux

As a result of Obamacare, my insurance rose 76% ($168/month) in the past year

Whomever is the benefactor of my money.......

Kiss my a$$

-Geaux

Your insurance sucks then....mine didn't go up at all

Because you're probably not paying for it.

The rest of us are

-Geaux

Do you live in a red state?

For some reason, the insurance rates in blue states are pretty low

Maybe it is because Red State Governors are blocking Obamacare

Yea this Obama care is terrible.

My wife's company didn't raise the rates for our insurance. My younger kids are still covered by the family policy. My older daughter that has already battled cervical cancer changed jobs and was still able to buy health insurance.

Of course, our insurance company is also offering a 20% discount on premiums if the employees and their families will do certain screenings and follow healthy living habits. You know, not smoke, get screenings for diabetes, watch their weight, exercise etc.

Yea that Obama care is sure awful to my family. It's so bad I may have to consider becoming a Tea partier. NOT. LMAO.

My wife's company didn't raise the rates for our insurance. My younger kids are still covered by the family policy. My older daughter that has already battled cervical cancer changed jobs and was still able to buy health insurance.

Of course, our insurance company is also offering a 20% discount on premiums if the employees and their families will do certain screenings and follow healthy living habits. You know, not smoke, get screenings for diabetes, watch their weight, exercise etc.

Yea that Obama care is sure awful to my family. It's so bad I may have to consider becoming a Tea partier. NOT. LMAO.

I'm glad it's working out for you, congrats.

I only wish I knew a single person in my life that could say the same.

And Odummers approval ratings plummets to 37%

-Geaux

AP Poll: Obama Approval Plummets to 37

Radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh attacked survey results released on Wednesday that blamed Republicans for the federal shutdown while burying the news that President Barack Obama's approval ratings had plunged to 37 percent among Americans surveyed.

"The point is, once again, there is no media, there is no news," the conservative host said, according to a transcript of his afternoon program. "This is the Democrat Party with activists disguised as journalists. Thirty-seven percent approval.

"And it's not some outlier poll," Limbaugh continued. "You have to read over halfway down into that story to learn that. I haven't seen it anywhere else. It's been on AP, but have you seen anybody else pick that up? It's just classic."

LOL. So we are to put value on the opinion of an obese junkie? Perhaps another obese junkie might.

I'm glad it's working out for you, congrats.

I only wish I knew a single person in my life that could say the same.

Well, I know several people that previously could not get health care on their own, whether from pre-existing conditions or cost, that can get it now. And that is what the Teabagger GOP is deathly afraid of. The program is going to become increasingly popular as more people realize what it can do for them.

One of the reasons that the US ranks so low in health care is that most people have their families at the same time as they are making entry level wages. And the jobs carry no health insurance, so their young family has the choice of taking the children to the doctor, and not being able to eat for a month, or hoping for the best. Our infant mortality rate, the worst of the Democratic Industrial nations is a reflection of that choice.

The ACA is hardly the best we can do, but is certainly better than what we have had in the past.

If the ACA is successful, which it will be over the long run, it will be a disaster for the GOP. They knowit and are doing everything thet can to stop it.

Rush is simply not credible.

He is the Oz, the mirror image of what he demonizes.

How can they buy into the Exchanges at a higher rate than they pay now?

They are voluntary. If you can get a better rate on the individual market.......take it
They may be voluntary now, but if you can't see where this is headed, you are in denial. It's called "incrementalism".

Forum List

Back