Gallup: Voter Opposition To Obama At 16-year High, Worse Than Bush, Clinton

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Gallup: Voter opposition to Obama at 16-year high, worse than Bush, Clinton

Angry and frustrated voters are planning to use the midterm elections in one month to tell President Obama they oppose his agenda, the highest “no” vote percentage Gallup has measured in the past 16 years.

Thepolling outfit foundthat 32 percent of voters want to send a message of opposition with their vote, compared to just 20 percent who are sending a signal of support.

That is 13 points higher than in 1998 when former President Clinton was headed to impeachment for lying about his sex affair with a former White House intern and even a smidge higher — 2 points — than in 2008, when Americans were tired of President Bush’s military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Gallup first asked the unusual question in 1998. It reads: “Will your vote for a candidate be made in order to send a message that you SUPPORT [Barack Obama], be made in order to send a message that you OPPOSE [Barack Obama], or will you NOT be sending a message about [Barack Obama] with your vote?”

Not surprisingly, Republicans want to use their vote as a megaphone of opposition. Said Gallup:

“A majority of Republican registered voters, 58 percent, say they will be sending a message of opposition to Obama with their vote this fall. In contrast, 38 percent of Democratic voters say they will support the president. Rather than supporting Obama, most Democrats, 53 percent, say they will not be sending a message with their vote.

“Democrats are a bit less likely now (38 percent) than in 2010 (45 percent) to say they will be sending a message of support to Obama, while Republican opposition to the president is the same.”

Gallup Voter opposition to Obama at 16-year high worse than Bush Clinton WashingtonExaminer.com

Let's hope the Democrat messages will be received loud and clear!

His popularity is rising again while the hatred on the far right is intensifying as the wacko reactionaries now realize that have lost to the president not only now but also in the history books.

I'm on Facebook 'most every day, at least briefly, and am FB 'friends' with, perhaps, 170 people - family, friends, work-colleagues, old acquaintances, old neighborhood and high-school and college chums, etc. - white, black, yellow - male, female - straight, gay, bi - well-off and poor as a church mouse - etc, etc, etc - from all walks of life, and from Flaming Liberals to Stodgy Old Conservatives and everything in between.

In the last year or more, for every pro-Obama post that I've seen online, I've seen a dozen or more against, and, those 'pro-Obama' posts that I see, usually end-up being slam-dunked by those posters own friends and family.

Unscientifically and anecdotally speaking, within my own narrow sampline domain or baseline, I get the impression that Mainstream America has pretty much had it with Obama.

That is probably so, but they don't want to go back to the bad bush days. They want to go forward. Particularly the millennials.

Record poverty, Record debt, High food & gas prices, Numerous abuses of power, NDAA, Massive domestic spying on Citizens, Out of control Illegal Immigration, More Wars, and so on...

Everyone should oppose him at this point.

Obama still has twice the popularity of Republicans in Congress

Last I saw, Obama is not running in 2014

Any President having twice the popularity of Congress would be the most popular President in history

Most dangerous place on the planet is getting between Starkey and a post against Obama

Through the 2d of October, the President's average is about 43.3 and the Congress is about 11.8, so Obama is almost four times more popular than the GOP House. At least that.

Popularity is relative

Currently, Obama leads the most popular branch of Government

Frank, your lightweight comments are noted and are found amusing.

Either the GOP reaches out to women, Hispanics, and other minorities, thus to the future, or it reaches to the far right where you reside in the party, thus to oblivion.

Hopefully this opposition will be expressed on Election Day. We'll see if the People have had enough of the Communist/Progressive wankers. It's not enough to oppose him in a Gallup Poll. You have to express it at the actual Polls.

Forum List

Back