Game of Thrones (HBO)

and let the bitching begin.......i did not like that old man lannister rides in to be the hero......but i loved the cheering crowd...for half man

Well done episode! Tyrion saved the city, his Father will, of course, get the credit

Not sure what they're going to do with Dany and the Dragon because they're so far off the reservation at this point

i think she knew stannish would kill all the bastard children of hers....only putting them to death will solve that nasty bit ....plus she put all of robert's bastard children to death but gentry

I think they did a fairly good job at recreating the "battle of the Blackwater" given the time constraints of the show.

We were able to see Joffrey (whom we all loathe!) cower like the yellow bellied coward that we all know he is and run to his Mommy in the heat of battle; We saw Tyrion step up- WAY UP! and show the kind of leadership that makes us love him so much (despite his treacherous, whoring ways!); And we had front row seats for watching the sinister and twisted treachery of Cercei- willing to kill her youngest son! How low will that bitch go?!!

I also liked seeing Sandor Clegane (the "dog"- didn't they call him the "hound" in the books?) showing his fear of "fire" , saying "Fuck the King", and then letting Sansa know he will protect her. He became a much deeper, more realistic character in this episode.

I would have liked to see at least a few minutes of the meeting where Tywin convinces Renly's forces to join him.....seeing how that was the key to the victory over Stannis.

All in all, it was a good episode - but the shows really should be 90-120 minutes long. Also the season is far too short! I want more!!!

:lol:

Well done episode! Tyrion saved the city, his Father will, of course, get the credit

Not sure what they're going to do with Dany and the Dragon because they're so far off the reservation at this point

I agree Tyrion is cementing himself as a classic character once again.

(1) Greyjoy didn't find Bran and Rickon, so he killed the random children at the barn and presented a hoax in order to save face. Killing children will backfire on him. Always does. For the record I was correct!
(2) Greyjoy is mistaken by the backing of his new found family. No one comes to his aid, yet he rallied the North in the Faux child murder. Also Correct
(3) Meanwhile, Bran and Rickon find willing and able allies and go back and take Winterfell killing every last one of Greyjoy's men in brutal fashion and the Boy's Wolves rip Greyjoy to pieces. Both children lose their childhood forever! I am revising this one: The commander who sends his bastard takes Winterfell and Greyjoy is injured by lives, disowned by his blood family and hunted by his adopted family. The fate of Bran and Rickon is unknown, but the Starks believe them to be dead.
(4) The Older Baratheon brother attacks from the sea. At first sight of all the ships Joffery hides like a coward and the city starts getting smashed. Tyrion takes charge as the Boy-King flees the city. Tyrion uses that secret weapon and wins the batttle which looked lost. I was close. Tyrion takes over from the beginning and used a secret weapon to help out in the beginning. And Joffery stayed longer than I predicted, but he still fled. I didn't see Tywin coming. I thought he was further away
(5) Joffery took flight with the wrong men and they end up killing him. Wrong on this one.
(6) Meanwhile, Tywin gets his first victory against the Robb and pushes him back, but in the battle Arya and Gentry escapes. Robb finds comfort in the arms of the nurse they keep showing and he quickly proposes to her, breaking the oath he made with one old guy. I was close here, Tywin gets his first victory but against Barthone bother, Arya and Gentry do escape, just in a different manner and Robb gets with the nurse and breaking his oath
(7) Joffery's younger kinder brother takes over and is a finally the puppet king Cersi wanted. I still think this will happen, when Joffery gets killed
(8) To Lady Starks dismay Sansa is now promised to the Littlefinger. Who says he will turn overs Sansa for Lady Stark's hand in marriage. How you like that twist? Could still happen!
(9) Regardless of Tyrion's leadership that won the battle, Cersi pins Joffery's murder on Tyrion and Tyrion must go into hiding. It appears Tyrion isn't going to get any of the credit
(10) A desperate Lady Stark then must make a risky deal with Jayme. She will release him if he agrees to free Sansa and kills Littlefinger. I called this, but maybe not to kill Littlefinger
(11) Daryn seems to be in a tough spot in which she is forced to marry the Big Black guy in order to be Queen of Qarth. Which she agrees in order to get her dragons back, to which she gets her dragons back. However it's a planned manuver to become the sole ruler of the Qarth, to which she accomplishes when her knight kills the Black King. She rallies the city as their new Queen - the Mother of Dragons. Then at the end of the season we see what appears to be shedded skin of the dragons and shadows of larger dragons making louder noises. She now has her army, ships, home base city and larger dragons! Whatever, I don't know where the Dary plotline is going.
(12) Jon Snowe is taken prisoner, but they have mercy on him for having mercy on the redhead. He ends up getting close to her and they fall in love with each other. He finally finds peace with himself. As he decides to leave the Knight-watch and start a life North of the wall with the red-head, the Knight-Watch attacks the village and kills nearly all of the red-head's people. Snowe's loyalty is questioned and he and the red-head are taken prisoner. Some happened and some could happen!

Future Predictions:
(1) I believe in battle the knight traveling with Tywin was the gay brother of the wife of the younger Barthone brother. I could be wrong, but it looked like him. His sister wants to be "The Queen." Maybe an arrangement to fight along side Tywin in exchange for marriage to Joffery? I mean marriage in Game of Throne land seems to be only for political advantage. What advantage is to that Lanisters is Sansa? None, but marriaging the gay guy's hot sister would be bring significant advantage.

(2) Jayme, keeps harassing the tough female knight and she finale agrees to fight him. She wins and seriously injures him, but doesn't kill him. He decides to agree to freeing Sansa. Sansa is promised to one of Joffery's guards, which horrifies her. Before the marriage, Jayme lives up to the oath and helps her escape, but not before she poisons Joffery's food, killing Joffery and the Queen. Joffery younger brother takes over and Cersi has her puppet king.

(3) Tyrion might not get the respect of the nobles, but his leadership on during the siege gets the respect of the common people (and Tywin)!

(4) Robb Stark breaks the oath and marries the nurse. The old man who oath was broken, sends assassins, who successful kill Robb!

(5) Dary, who the hell knows.

(6) Arya, decides not to return home and instead runs off with Gentry.

(7) I stick by my prediction above on Snowe

I think they did a fairly good job at recreating the "battle of the Blackwater" given the time constraints of the show.

We were able to see Joffrey (whom we all loathe!) cower like the yellow bellied coward that we all know he is and run to his Mommy in the heat of battle; We saw Tyrion step up- WAY UP! and show the kind of leadership that makes us love him so much (despite his treacherous, whoring ways!); And we had front row seats for watching the sinister and twisted treachery of Cercei- willing to kill her youngest son! How low will that bitch go?!!

I also liked seeing Sandor Clegane (the "dog"- didn't they call him the "hound" in the books?) showing his fear of "fire" , saying "Fuck the King", and then letting Sansa know he will protect her. He became a much deeper, more realistic character in this episode.

I would have liked to see at least a few minutes of the meeting where Tywin convinces Renly's forces to join him.....seeing how that was the key to the victory over Stannis.

All in all, it was a good episode - but the shows really should be 90-120 minutes long. Also the season is far too short! I want more!!!

:lol:

all good points....but leaving stuff out here and there...is gonna mess up the future....

And we had front row seats for watching the sinister and twisted treachery of Cercei- willing to kill her youngest son! How low will that bitch go?!!
She sure showed her sinster side when badgering Sansa and belittling Tyrion's secret women.

However, I don't think it was out sinsterness or treachery that she was going to murder her young son, rather it was out of mercy. The drink would have made his death quick and painless. If the city had fallen, his inevitable death would have been much worse.

I loved that scene also. The Hound is a great character. I wonder where he goes from here!

Might have been an interesting one. Correct me if I am wrong, but they made some type of deal, such as marrying away the younger Barthone brother's widow to Joffery! I think that was foreshadowed when she told Littlefinger, "Not a Queen, THE Queen!"

oooooo no you dont ghook.....i said nothing about your predictions.....(ghook is giving me a bit of a hard time about his predictions being more right than i allowed in rep)

the code of honor.. says nothing......i simply said.....you know nothing ghook

but since you arent reading the books....you dont get it lol

oooooo no you dont ghook.....i said nothing about your predictions.....(ghook is giving me a bit of a hard time about his predictions being more right than i allowed in rep)

the code of honor.. says nothing......i simply said.....you know nothing ghook

but since you arent reading the books....you dont get it lol

I wish I could pick up the books and read them. But I am stuck reading private law books and statutes.

Books are ALWAYS better than the movie or show, but only some many hours in the day!

Forum List

Back