Game of Thrones (HBO)

I hate Cersi as much as I did Joffrey. BUT...the emotion she showed just before Robert died via the Boar....I think she truly loved him in some way but he never returned the feeling. So yes...she has parts of her that could be likable as human. Few and far between.

Meanwhile, that nutcase of LittleFingers..the mother of the wacko kid that likes to nurse...eww factor there. Both of them. However, Sansa is again groveling and mewling so hopefully she will be tossed out the hole eventually by Nutbar Aunty.

I wish I could have paid better attention last night. Unfortunately, I have to watch up at the "big house" with the boss's GF. She's annoying as hell 'cause she doesn't pay attention and is always asking questions or wants to tell me about her newest bunions, or some such thing. She knows I've read the books and expects me to have all the answers, but really, the show is a bit different.
I should be able to connect to the dish myself soon so I might be able to slink off and watch all by myself...

Is anyone else bugged by people who constantly ask questions about a show you've never seen?

Yes, GW. I refuse to watch movies with SIL because she laughs at everything...even torture scenes...has no clue what anything means and constantly asks "what did that mean?"

I hate Cersi as much as I did Joffrey. BUT...the emotion she showed just before Robert died via the Boar....I think she truly loved him in some way but he never returned the feeling. So yes...she has parts of her that could be likable as human. Few and far between.
I actually think Cersi is a kind of sympathic anti-hero. Very evil and spiteful in her own way. Joffery was plain evil, but Cersi does seem to have a reason for her ways. I think it's honorable she would do anything for her children and love them no matter what. I see honor in a mother like that. You can tell in the last episode that it still troubles her that her daughter isn't by her side for her to protect. I see honor is a devote and protective mother like that.

Meanwhile, that nutcase of LittleFingers.
Littlefinger is not nutz. He is a sociopath and immoral, but he is shrewd, cunning, calculating and highly intelligent. I like his character, even if he is evil.

the mother of the wacko kid that likes to nurse...eww factor there. Both of them.
Yep the ill factor is definitely there!

However, Sansa is again groveling and mewling so hopefully she will be tossed out the hole eventually by Nutbar Aunty.
I change my view. I though Lysa would end up killing Sansa, but I think it will play out differently. Lysa is a fool and extremely moronic. She was dooped into killing Jon and she was fell for Littlefinger who obviously despises her. You saw it on his face. My bet is this. Despite Littlefinger's indifference ills of other people the one person he actually cared for was Cate. I believe he is protecting Sansa for his love for Cate. It think he ends up killing Lysa and tossing little Robin through the same hole he enjoys seeing others fall through. Just my guess!

I wonder if Arya is going to get to kill anyone on that list she has? Maybe she should have stayed with that assassin guy with no face! He could have taught her a think or two. Also needle is kind of a lame sword that thing would break if hit by a bigger sword!

Needle will eventually be too small for her. She will get a new sword and I am betting Hound is the one that helps her learn to use it.

Meanwhile, that nutcase of LittleFingers..the mother of the wacko kid that likes to nurse...eww factor there. Both of them. However, Sansa is again groveling and mewling so hopefully she will be tossed out the hole eventually by Nutbar Aunty.

Cercie always despised Robert. She loved her brother. Right up until recently.

Needle will eventually be too small for her. She will get a new sword and I am betting Hound is the one that helps her learn to use it.

I'm betting not. Then again, I read the books.

Hasn't the show diverted from the book a lot? Was the Hound supposed to be killed in the bar fight scene.

My guess is they keep him around and grow the relationship btw the two until they have a tragic end.

I have been reading that GOT is getting grief because some are accusing it of being mostly misogynist in nature.

Um. Hello? Men were always raping and pillaging and treating women badly.

Hasn't the show diverted from the book a lot? Was the Hound supposed to be killed in the bar fight scene.

My guess is they keep him around and grow the relationship btw the two until they have a tragic end.

While the show has certainly diverged some from the books, I wouldn't say it's done so a lot. However, it's certainly possible that any of the current main characters may follow a different path than they do in the books.

Why does Arya want to kill The Hound? From what I have seen, he has not been overly cruel to her. Or did I forget something he did?

Well, Hound didn't have much choice then. But Arya has no clue just how evil Joffrey was and what he was capable of if not obeyed. Sansa saw that, but Arya didn't.

While the show has certainly diverged some from the books, I wouldn't say it's done so a lot. However, it's certainly possible that any of the current main characters may follow a different path than they do in the books.

I think a lot of the "divergence" has to do with the fact they've broken Storm of Swords into 2 seasons of the show - they're running out of story for a few of the characters, so they're stretching things out.

I have a pop quiz for you guys. And if it's been discussed then whoops!

There was a GIGANTIC reveal during the last episode! Here's the quiz question:

What single catalyst behind EVERY SINGLE event that's occurred so far in the show was revealed this last sunday?

Petyr

Yep. Littlefinger had Lysa kill Jon Arryn which inspired Rob Baratheon to name Ned Stark the Hand of the King.

And then shit hit the fan for like 5 years or so :dunno:

And the dragons are still travelling in the wrong direction :mad:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back