Game of Thrones (HBO)

How many books are there in this story? I need to start looking for them for the library I am making.

Didn't they make Book three into two seasons?

Good point - yes, season 4 has story lines from the third book. In some ways, the Series is a rewrite (i.e., in the books, Jamie comes back to Kings Landing after Joffrey is killed).

How many books are there in this story? I need to start looking for them for the library I am making.

There are 5 books so far, with two more planned. The 4th and 5th are long - with way too many POV characters. George would benefit from a good editor.

One can buy the 5 paperback boxed set used on Amazon for $23 + $3.99 shipping.

I look for used books first - they are far less expensive.

Hell, for all I know, they could be in those boxes of books hubby bought today. I still have not looked through them cuz I want to be surprised. :)

'Game Of Thrones' Author George R.R. Martin Regrets The Controversial Rape Scene (SPOILER)

And you thought your family reunions were awkward.

Spoiler Alert!

The Internet has been ablaze ever since Sunday night's, April 20, episode of "Game of Thrones," in which Jamie Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) forces himself on his sister/incestuous lover Cersei (Lena Headey) despite her protests. To make things even worse, it happened in the presence of their murdered son.

It has been called "one of the most disturbing scenes ever" on the show and has caused such an uproar that George R.R. Martin, the author of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series which is the inspiration for HBO's "Game of Thrones," took to his blog to respond.

Though he states the scene was intended to be disturbing, Martin wrote, "I do regret if it has disturbed people for the wrong reasons."

Martin says he never discussed the scene with the producers, and that the differences between the scene on TV, which has been called rape, and the scene in the book, in which Cersei and Jamie have consensual relations, is brought on essentially by the "butterfly effect" -- small changes in the story that lead to major ones.

Great episode. I called Ollena killing Joffery, but I didn't see Littlefinger role coming. He didn't it because he wanted to confuse people. Heck he probably killed John Aryan (the Hand before Ned) for kicks! Imagine that. He kills the hand and now is marrying his widow! LOL, that would be a twist, but I still there it was Cersi. But then again Joffery was poisoned and so was Jon This is GoT so anything is possible. I am glad Jaime got back on the honorable path. Dary is collecting a hell of an army. Very dumb move by Bran. I thought he was smarter than that. I am looking for to next week when the Jon Snowe takes out the turncoats. They are some evil bastards. It's going to be nice when ghost rips apart that fat bastard!

Predictions:
(1) Jaime helps Tyrion escape before his trial.
(2) Margery wins over Tomme (new King) and he becomes her puppet. He is not cruel like Joffery, rather he is simple minded and naive.
(3) Tomme is also Cersi puppet and the two women come to a head.
(4) Daryne (Mother of Dragons) has a major set back. My guess is the Grey Worm turns on her, because the servent girl that is teaching him Westros desires and normal life and manipulates Grey Worm into providing it.
(5) Jon Snowe successfully defeats the turncoats and finds his brother. However, Bran tells him about his quest and Snowe allows him to continue it.
(6) The Wildling attack and the Nightswatch somehow defeats them.
(7) What little finger hadn't told her is Sansa was promised to her cousin (the creepy kid that still breast feeding and wanted to see the little man fly).
(8) The white walkers turn out not to be evil, but carriers of justice North of the Wall.

Note: I don't care if I get most wrong it's fun to predict.

But then again since the movie story line has left the books behind in so many instances, Who knows what might happen?

My brother in law told me the hound was supposed to die in the bar fight to retrieve needle correct and Arya left him at that point? So the Hound being alive and with Arya is a major deviation from the book correct?

Forum List

Back