Game Stop and the Biden Administration, Is There Still Any Question Who Runs This Country? LOL

The SEC is looking onto it...but there's no real proof that any laws or rules were broken.
It wouldn’t surprise me if it was legal, for hedge fund firms to manipulate the market to benefit themselves and restrict regular investors from buying/selling “for their own good”.
Welcome to the world

Hedge funds have manipulated the markets with impunity to take advantage of retail investors forever. This is a case where retail came together to make some money off the headgear funds. At first they did it because they love GameStop, but that was stupid because secondary market transactions have no effect on the issuer. In any case the retail investors used their buying power to squeeze out the shorts and we’re making money in the process.

Hedge funds have manipulated the markets with impunity to advantage of retail investors forever. This is a case where retail came together to make some money off the headgear funds. At first they did it because they love GameStop, but that was stupid because secondary market transactions have no effect on the issuer. In any case the retail investors used their buying power to squeeze out the shorts and we’re making money in the process.
I see. So you got caught up in this.

Well I advise you to get the hell out quick.

You haven't made ANY money until you sell and that stock HAS to fall.

Fake Russian Collusion, 93% coordinated media attacks, impeachment, a plague, his own cabinet working against him lying about troop withdrawals, culminating in a fraudulent election, another impeachment, and removal from the public square (Twitter, YouTube).

And just like that, your credibility plummeted to zero. Anyone who believes in a "fraudulent election" at this point should have a 'Q' branded onto their forehead for life.
Hey...I'll be the first to admit I could be as wrong about this as your side was about Russian collusion.

Or you could cynically believe I push the Fraudulent Election narrative in retribution for a cynical belief that the left adopted Russian Collusion not because they believed it, but as a weapon to undermine President Trump in the same way the the Fraudulent Election narrative has undermined Biden.

It's your right to have your opinion on the subject.

As for me...I calls 'em as I sees 'em...

Hedge funds have manipulated the markets with impunity to advantage of retail investors forever. This is a case where retail came together to make some money off the headgear funds. At first they did it because they love GameStop, but that was stupid because secondary market transactions have no effect on the issuer. In any case the retail investors used their buying power to squeeze out the shorts and we’re making money in the process.

Typo *were

This is no different then the housing boom/bust. Those who took advantage of it, who got in while prices were shooting up, and and got out before the collapse made money. Those who got in late, were left holding the bag.

Right. It's a bubble. A really stupid bubble.

Typo *were
Regardless...that stock is WAY overvalued now. It is totally ripe for a short position,. Hedge funds must be drooling

Pardon my surprise then over your surprise that a market is manipulated.

The whole thing behind deregulation was to take off the restraints that only limit the market, let the market boom, by letting them to do what they want to do.
Deregulation of "investment" markets was based on the undisputedly disproven reasonable investors self-regulate markets. Game Stop will probably revert back to it's pre-hyped price of $12 or $24 or whatever. And I've no idea why it's worth even that. I bought products there at a mall in the 1990s and probably in the early 2000's, but most people I know didn't go near malls before covid. Some dept stores still had great browsing choices in shoes and (I'm told) women's undergarments.

You could have made some jack in buying UPS for rational reasons. Buying airline and cruise stocks … not so much. But do we want govt to control prices?

Tulip market bubbles are the price of capitalism, I'm afraid. I'm strictly a mutual fund guy at this point. Although I know at least one guy who has lots of cash who just makes limited bets on stuff like UPS. Amazon and Netflix are probably safe too.

Typo *were
Regardless...that stock is WAY overvalued now. It is totally ripe for a short position,. Hedge funds must be drooling

The company is a dog with flees, however it could go to 2000. Who knows? We’ve never seen this type of situation before.

The company is a dog with flees, however it could go to 2000. Who knows? We’ve never seen this type of situation before.
Sure we have. In every pyramid scheme in history.

Buy in now and you're like a home buyer in 2008. Real estate prices NEVER go down...right?

This is no different then the housing boom/bust. Those who took advantage of it, who got in while prices were shooting up, and and got out before the collapse made money. Those who got in late, were left holding the bag.
Yes, and those people doing that were Wall Street firms. They were taking sub-prime mortgages, bundling them up and selling them on Wall Street. It was a fucking farce and everyone doing it knew it was. A friend of mine worked for Bank of America, and he said the financial guys joked about it and knew it would fail someday.

Untold kids paid off their college loans from the money they made.
A LOT of folks cashed out.

You could have made some jack in buying UPS for rational reasons. Buying airline and cruise stocks … not so much. But do we want govt to control prices?

Tulip market bubbles are the price of capitalism,
It's classic Keynesian economics. The best form, until it doesn't work. The free market can regulate itself, if you don't mind it acting like a schizophrenic manic depressive.

We keep seeing it over and over. From Tulips, to land in florida in the 1920's.

Forum List

Back