Gas prices down. This is NOT a pro Biden or pro GOP thread

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Apparently more falling to come. The article says this is NOT good news because the drop is based on less demand for oil, or at least the belief by players in the market that demand will fall.

But what attracted my attention was that last week Fed Chair Powell said it was uncertain how much interest rate hikes could affect oil or food prices. And that's been my thinking for months. But maybe that's wrong. And imo that would be good news.

A failing economy means falling demand.

Falling demand means decreased carbon emissions with fossil fuels

That was the plan all along. In fact, that is their ONLY plan.

I'm hearing of a big spike in prices when refineries start turning around in the early fall. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Apparently more falling to come. The article says this is NOT good news because the drop is based on less demand for oil, or at least the belief by players in the market that demand will fall.

But what attracted my attention was that last week Fed Chair Powell said it was uncertain how much interest rate hikes could affect oil or food prices. And that's been my thinking for months. But maybe that's wrong. And imo that would be good news.

The drop in price can't be due to a drop in the demand. The pandemic is over. It's Summer and people are driving more. They're spending money at the stores and all that material has to be trucked in.

I'm calling BS on the article.

No, I think the plan (or hope and a prayer) is that people will stop buying shit (large and small) on credit. But that spending of cash would remain high. People will buy gas to commute, but taking vacations on credit ... not so much. I'm not saying it'll work. Actually I thought that rate hikes would only be partially effective with prices.

We have 3.6 unemployment and people still sitting on the sidelines of the workforce, either doing cash jobs or somehow living on disability. The thought of an actual 1980 style recession isn't something I think will really happen.

The drop in price can't be due to a drop in the demand. The pandemic is over. It's Summer and people are driving more. They're spending money at the stores and all that material has to be trucked in.

I'm calling BS on the article.
I think it reasonable to think that the massive inflation has put a large damper on the economy, especially with at least 3 more years of Leftist extremists who will continue to hoe the same road.

I keep hearing this reported in the msm. It is not true in our area--nearly a complete opposite. The fuel prices in this area are at an all time high, increasing about 20 cents in the last two weeks.

I topped of my gas tank with 3.999/gallon gas on Sunday. I topped of my tank soon than usual because I don't expect the price to stay that low for long.

Then why did oil production die during Trump?

Forum List

Back