Gates' book holds high praise for Hillary

Since he sat on his hands while all these things he claims to upset him so much were going on, continuing to carry the water for an administration he believed to be incompetent and cavalier in its treatment of people in harm's way, Gates has next to no credibility in any case, in my view.

Sorry that doesn't comport with your rather elementary either-or meme, but there it is.

Had he come forward with his concerns, he would have been branded a traitor, naturally. He would be another Edward Snowden. What happened to Stanley McChrystal when he said the same things about obama's incompetence?

How many people in the military, in government KNOW how bad obama is and don't say anything? They will never come forward to tell what they know or will wait until they have retired before they do.
Obie's incompetence may well be the reason there has been an inordinate exidous of senir General Staff officers. Who knows?

By the same token, do you think Gates doesn't now have a great big target on his back right now? How feverishly do you imagine Holder's minions are working, trying to dig up any amount of dirt on him that they can?

The inordinate exodus has not been voluntary. obama has been quietly decapitating senior military for a long time. He's dismissed over 400 officers. They are given a choice, resign, retire or be fired. If they make too much of an issue, they are court martialed.

Had he come forward with his concerns, he would have been branded a traitor, naturally. He would be another Edward Snowden. What happened to Stanley McChrystal when he said the same things about obama's incompetence?

How many people in the military, in government KNOW how bad obama is and don't say anything? They will never come forward to tell what they know or will wait until they have retired before they do.
Obie's incompetence may well be the reason there has been an inordinate exidous of senir General Staff officers. Who knows?

By the same token, do you think Gates doesn't now have a great big target on his back right now? How feverishly do you imagine Holder's minions are working, trying to dig up any amount of dirt on him that they can?

The inordinate exodus has not been voluntary. obama has been quietly decapitating senior military for a long time. He's dismissed over 400 officers. They are given a choice, resign, retire or be fired. If they make too much of an issue, they are court martialed.

do you have any facts or just internets babble to back that?

lets not forget it mosty dems who get the bullets in the head in this country huh?

sure. you just proved my premise - dimocraps kill their own if they consider them traitors.

an old mafia way. Or Chicago style.

and even older bolshevik way.

Gates beware.

Gates Memoir Could Prove Helpful To Hillary Clinton In 2016 : It's All Politics : NPR

Still, the Gates book swings both ways. He also offers up some of the best praise Clinton is likely to receive from a Republican. If she does eventually decide on another White House run, she'll be hard-pressed to find a presidential running mate (assuming she wins the nomination this time around) who can outdo Gates' praise.

"I found her smart, idealistic but pragmatic, tough-minded, indefatigable, funny, a very valuable colleague, and a superb representative of the United States all over the world," is how he described the former secretary of state.

While there's been much focus on Gates' recollection of Clinton acknowledging that politics factored into her position on the Iraq surge, here's a contrarian view: Gates' praise could potentially offset it.

It was so robust that a high-profile Hillary Clinton supporter like David Brock, founder of Correct the Record and Media Matters for America, found much to like. He even plastered it on the Correct the Record website.

"I think the surprising part is that he really does seem to be critical of almost everyone that he's worked with across administrations. It does seem like he goes out of his way to single her out for a lot of positive comment and praise."

It's unlikely Gates' warm praise for Clinton will hurt her with too many voters in her Democratic base since she opposed the surge, however she got there.

By contrast, Gates' positive review of Clinton as an impressive government servant could help her with those all-important political independents, many of whom once identified themselves as Republicans.

"Because he is a Republican, he has a certain kind of credibility with not only Republicans but with independents," Brock said.

So, I am guessing that since everybody enjoyed his takedown of Obama, they will give equal weight to his impression of Hillary. Right?

and you will do the same for his statements about obama...right?

Assigning blanket rationale to every case is illogical.

What was their motives? Were they out to destroy the POTUS or simply tell the truth?

Book after book after book came out on Bush, featured on 60 Minutes of course, meant to destroy Bush. The motives were dubious at best.
I believe the motives in this case to be as dubious.

What more can I say?

That's just an opinion of course.
Of course.

Recognizing the fact, why should any of us allow ourselves to be boxed by the confined grounds set forth in the OP?

To put it a different way, if one finds his motives to be coming out with all this tattletale stuff yeas later to be dubious, why would any of his faint praise of anyone carry any weight?

he knows. he also should know that he needs a trustful auto-mechanic to check his brakes or whatever every time he wants to use a car...

lets not forget it mosty dems who get the bullets in the head in this country huh?

Lee Harvey Oswald was a communist.

Malcom X was murdered by blacks.

Robert Kennedy, Serhan Serhan.

Gabby Gifford, left-wing nut-case.

Lincoln, Southern-Democrat.

Even MLK was shot by a Democrat.

I believe the motives in this case to be as dubious.

What more can I say?

Of course.

Recognizing the fact, why should any of us allow ourselves to be boxed by the confined grounds set forth in the OP?

To put it a different way, if one finds his motives to be coming out with all this tattletale stuff yeas later to be dubious, why would any of his faint praise of anyone carry any weight?

I guess one has to take everything into consideration.

If one has a habit of putting politics into their decisions on national security I'd consider that a disqualification for POTUS.

Of course.

If one has a habit of putting politics into their decisions on national security I'd consider that a disqualification for POTUS.
Absolutely.

Then, turning around and working with the people whom you discovered put politics before the lives of the men and women in the field, just damages your credibility no matter what you say, in my view.

Of course.

Absolutely.

Then, turning around and working with the people whom you discovered put politics before the lives of the men and women in the field, just damages your credibility no matter what you say, in my view.

So I discover Hillary is a politician first and I have to quit my high paying job?

Fuck that!!!!

Absolutely.

So I discover Hillary is a politician first and I have to quit my high paying job?

Fuck that!!!!
Did you hear what you just said?

Gates Memoir Could Prove Helpful To Hillary Clinton In 2016 : It's All Politics : NPR

Still, the Gates book swings both ways. He also offers up some of the best praise Clinton is likely to receive from a Republican. If she does eventually decide on another White House run, she'll be hard-pressed to find a presidential running mate (assuming she wins the nomination this time around) who can outdo Gates' praise.

"I found her smart, idealistic but pragmatic, tough-minded, indefatigable, funny, a very valuable colleague, and a superb representative of the United States all over the world," is how he described the former secretary of state.

While there's been much focus on Gates' recollection of Clinton acknowledging that politics factored into her position on the Iraq surge, here's a contrarian view: Gates' praise could potentially offset it.

It was so robust that a high-profile Hillary Clinton supporter like David Brock, founder of Correct the Record and Media Matters for America, found much to like. He even plastered it on the Correct the Record website.

"I think the surprising part is that he really does seem to be critical of almost everyone that he's worked with across administrations. It does seem like he goes out of his way to single her out for a lot of positive comment and praise."

It's unlikely Gates' warm praise for Clinton will hurt her with too many voters in her Democratic base since she opposed the surge, however she got there.

By contrast, Gates' positive review of Clinton as an impressive government servant could help her with those all-important political independents, many of whom once identified themselves as Republicans.

"Because he is a Republican, he has a certain kind of credibility with not only Republicans but with independents," Brock said.

So, I am guessing that since everybody enjoyed his takedown of Obama, they will give equal weight to his impression of Hillary. Right?

Benghazi.

Case closed.

Benghazi.

Case closed.
What difference does it make?

he knows. he also should know that he needs a trustful auto-mechanic to check his brakes or whatever every time he wants to use a car...

Lee Harvey Oswald was a communist.

Malcom X was murdered by blacks.

Robert Kennedy, Serhan Serhan.

Gabby Gifford, left-wing nut-case.

Lincoln, Southern-Democrat.

Even MLK was shot by a Democrat.

With the exception of Oswald, most of the murderers were Conservative.

That's the way conservatives roll with political discourse. By use of bullets. Or what they call "Second Amendment Solutions".

Benghazi.

Case closed.

pretty much

You see there is no there there just like fast and furious.

your party will just end up looking like you did when Fand F got the spot light.

Your partys year of lies were outed and you Dropped it like a RED HOT POKER

Benghazi.

Case closed.

pretty much

You see there is no there there just like fast and furious.

your party will just end up looking like you did when Fand F got the spot light.

Your partys year of lies were outed and you Dropped it like a RED HOT POKER

Shut the fuck up, TM.

Forum List

Back