Gather all ye Greenhouse Skeptics

You don't even have a clue about the subject. sTemperature is speed of molecule and the reason mars is cold is because it has a thin atmosphere. A thin atmosphere has less molecules and they're further apart from each other which doesn't allow them to strike each other.

Hows that for understanding child? I've spent my life looking at science and discussing it. Who the fuck are you?

has less molecules and they're further apart from each other which doesn't allow them to strike each other.

that really is a stupid statement

they still strike each other

They do but it takes longer and that's why mars isn't as warm. That is what I said about mars. I guess I should of said that some of them do strike...

Goddamn. This is what I get for trying to help people.

Your AGW cult status is well known here, the one that needs help is you!

lhc-facepalm.jpg

Coming from someone that can't past 5th grade science as you don't even understand why temperature doesn't warm up mars. I've passed college level and laugh at you people...

LOL

Sad. Everything you're saying is indicative of someone who can't pass 5th grade science. This part especially "why temperature doesn't warm up mars." is incredibly stupid. It seems to me you're the kind of person who made a wonderful student but failed to learn anything. You can regurgitate all kinds of raw information. Can't manage to understand it for the life of you.

Temperature doesn't warm up Mars because temperature is merely a measurement. And no, temperature is NOT the speed of molecules. God damn, that's an amazingly stupid thing to say.

See, the thing is that just about anyone can find some "science classroom" website out there that will tell you amazingly stupid, watered down things like that the atomic mass of an atom is twice it's atomic number. Or that neutrinos don't have mass. Or that electrons orbit around the nucleus of an atom. Doesn't make any of that scientifically accurate. And you regurgitating it doesn't equate to any actual understanding of scientific principles or knowledge.

the thing is that just about anyone can find some "science classroom" website out there that will tell you amazingly stupid, watered down things like that

but you would be hard pressed to find any site saying temps are the speed of molecules

Being a caring person seeing that someone was totally out in the wild on it...I chose to post some links to real science that shown that molecules speed(energy) on a planet with a thin atmosphere like mars isn't going to be as warm as molecules strikes less as they're further away.

Did I misspeak, yes. My links still shown the point.

You don't even have a clue about the subject. sTemperature is speed of molecule and the reason mars is cold is because it has a thin atmosphere. A thin atmosphere has less molecules and they're further apart from each other which doesn't allow them to strike each other.

Hows that for understanding child? I've spent my life looking at science and discussing it. Who the fuck are you?

has less molecules and they're further apart from each other which doesn't allow them to strike each other.

They do but it takes longer and that's why mars isn't as warm. That is what I said about mars. I guess I should of said that some of them do strike...

that's why mars isn't as warm.

that has nothing to do with it

Coming from someone that can't past 5th grade science as you don't even understand why temperature doesn't warm up mars. I've passed college level and laugh at you people...

LOL

Sad. Everything you're saying is indicative of someone who can't pass 5th grade science. This part especially "why temperature doesn't warm up mars." is incredibly stupid. It seems to me you're the kind of person who made a wonderful student but failed to learn anything. You can regurgitate all kinds of raw information. Can't manage to understand it for the life of you.

Temperature doesn't warm up Mars because temperature is merely a measurement. And no, temperature is NOT the speed of molecules. God damn, that's an amazingly stupid thing to say.

See, the thing is that just about anyone can find some "science classroom" website out there that will tell you amazingly stupid, watered down things like that the atomic mass of an atom is twice it's atomic number. Or that neutrinos don't have mass. Or that electrons orbit around the nucleus of an atom. Doesn't make any of that scientifically accurate. And you regurgitating it doesn't equate to any actual understanding of scientific principles or knowledge.

the thing is that just about anyone can find some "science classroom" website out there that will tell you amazingly stupid, watered down things like that

but you would be hard pressed to find any site saying temps are the speed of molecules

One of my links was a edu site and another was a lecture on a video. Rollingthunder posted a nasa link...

that's why mars isn't as warm.

that has nothing to do with it

Then what is assshole?

Being a caring person seeing that someone was totally out in the wild on it...I chose to post some links to real science that shown that molecules speed(energy) on a planet with a thin atmosphere like mars isn't going to be as warm as molecules strikes less as they're further away.

No it does not!

CO2 makes up 96% of the Mars atmosphere and based on AGW, Mars should be a ball of fire.

One of my links was a edu site and another was a lecture on a video. Rollingthunder posted a nasa link...

And neither of you understand what you posted.

yeah know matt i am not really into negging folks but

i will continue to return your favors if you choose that route

very little of what you post is of any value

My science post is of little value? So you're anti-science or just don't find the topic of any interest. wow...I am debating someone that is purely political.

The irony of that post!

it is really hard to take folks serious

that claim temperature is the speed of molecules

that molecules on mars can never hit each other

(and that is why it is cold on Mars)

or that heat transfers from warm to hot

--LOL

Wtf? My links were the same as rollingthunders so argue with the scientist that wrote it. Also I didn't say anything about solids, liquids or gases.

No! Fuck that!

You want to spout a bunch of stupid nonsense. You want to post links to argue your points, while completely failing to understand what you're talking about in the first place. But when someone counters your arguments you tell them to take it up with somebody else? Guess what....It's YOUR job to defend YOUR arguments, not the people you cite. If you can't defend YOUR position, then abandon it and find one you can defend.

Why hasn't the SwimFan showed up to handle this? I'm chompin at the bit to see this resolved. Aren't you ???

Here's the deal.. physics is taught with students standing on a ladder.. The explanations
are proportionate to their ability to understand nuances and definitions of the step they are on.. So while your links may IMPLY that kinetic motion of molecules is the same exact thing as "temperature", there's always another rung to climb.. And those statements are not ENTIRELY adequate at a higher level..

For instance, ---- you take a volume of gas at a particular thermal energy in a jar and measure the temp.. Then you turn on the magnetic stirrer and make a little whirlwind -- you've imparted WAY more kinetic energy to the gas. But have you CHANGED the TEMP?
Did it get massively warmer?? Nope..

When we make BROAD "lower rung on the ladder" statements like "temperature is a measure of the avg kinetic energy of a volume of gas" -- there is an unspoken ASSUMPTION about the frame of reference for the motions of molecules and the MOLECULAR LEVEL of the kinetic energy that is involved..

So -- Kinetic energy is really one of the RESULTS of thermal storage in a molecule. As are any photons that get emitted as radiation that were part of the molecules' stored potential energy.. We can assess a temperature by reading the photons or by allowing HEAT to FLOW into a contact measuring device.

Forum List

Back