Gay Adoption - case closed

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
At a time when some are trying to take back this right it might be worth watching this short film. It is the most inspiring thing you will see for a long time.

A 19-year-old mother of two intentionally left her babies in a hot car to party, but, the gays!

Millions of children go unadopted every year. In the U.S. alone, over 20,000 kids age out of foster care every year without having ever found a home. It is sad that conservatives want to make it more difficult for them to find one.

Millions of children go unadopted every year. In the U.S. alone, over 20,000 kids age out of foster care every year without having ever found a home. It is sad that conservatives want to make it more difficult for them to find one.
I grew up in foster care. It's not the evil some try to make it out to be.

Never said it was evil. Nowhere near as good as finding a home, though.

In fact having experienced it first hand I would much rather be in one of the group homes than in some mentally deranged parental environment

So you want to take an already troubled child & put them in a situation that is likely to create further strife for them?

So you want to take an already troubled child & put them in a situation that is likely to create further strife for them?
The kid can refuse if they want to. I suspect most would prefer a parent or parents willing to love and support them than not.

Read the story about that mother in Texas who left her children to die in that hot car while she partied with her friends and tell me how a same sex couple adopting them would've been worse.

The kid can refuse if they want to. I suspect most would prefer a parent or parents willing to love and support them than not.
I could see benefit for a very young child who requires lots of one on one reinforcement but not a tween or older.
The cruelty of other kids teasing would be far more detrimental to a child already struggling with identity & love issues.

I could see benefit for a very young child who requires lots of one on one reinforcement but not a tween or older.
The cruelty of other kids teasing would be far more detrimental to a child already struggling with identity & love issues.
The tween or older could refuse then. It should be their choice, not a religious extremist, conservative bureaucrat's choice.

In fact having experienced it first hand I would much rather be in one of the group homes than in some mentally deranged parental environment
Haven't you admitted to going to prison?
Yes

Maybe if you'd lived in a "mentally deranged parental environment," you would have known better.
I did. That's how I ended up in foster care at 7 years old.

You can always find an anecdote to point out pros or cons to ANY topic. Having lived through this type of shit myself my opinions are reflected through those experiences.

The tween or older could refuse then. It should be their choice, not a religious extremist, conservative bureaucrat's choice.
I guess I could agree with this.

Forum List

Back