🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay Teacher Promotes Homosexuality to Little 3rd Graders, Says He Didn’t Care What Parents Thought

"Gay Teacher Promotes Homosexuality to Little 3rd Graders, Says He Didn’t Care What Parents Thought"

Yet another lie from the right.

The teacher wasn't 'promoting' homosexuality.

Bad faggot teacher. Good through by my kid doesn't go to that school.

You left out n*gger too.

That sounds racist...

Yep- the words f*ggot and n*gger are used for the same basic purpose by the same people- I was just reminding him he had left one out.

You're gonna get called all kinds of nasty things and possibly take a sever beating if not worse when you start messing with peoples kids.
How about the bullied kid? I guess that was ok?

Why would you need to bring up being a homo to teach about bullying?

"Gay Teacher Promotes Homosexuality to Little 3rd Graders, Says He Didn’t Care What Parents Thought"

Yet another lie from the right.

The teacher wasn't 'promoting' homosexuality.

If you're reading homo fairy tales to 3rd graders you are promoting acceptance.

You left out n*gger too.

That sounds racist...

Yep- the words f*ggot and n*gger are used for the same basic purpose by the same people- I was just reminding him he had left one out.

You're gonna get called all kinds of nasty things and possibly take a sever beating if not worse when you start messing with peoples kids.

The boy was called 'gay'.

The teacher read the class the book to deal with anti-gay bullying.

The teacher was wrong to not inform the parents, guys. Period. Any of you defending him are as wrong as those defending the flag because of Roof.
Not acting ' a little feminine'- but after kids raised by homophobic Nazi's like yourself called the boy 'gay'.

I can see why however, you would object to a teacher trying to address homophobic bullying.

Gay Teacher Promotes Homosexuality to Little 3rd Graders Says He Didn t Care What Parents Thought US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

RALEIGH, N.C. – After a third-grader tearfully recounted how another boy had called him "gay" during gym class, teacher Omar Currie chose to raise the issue during story time by reading his students a fable about a prince who falls in love with another prince, ending with a happily-ever-after royal wedding.

That decision in April ignited a public outcry from some parents in the rural hamlet of Efland, North Carolina, resulting in Currie's resignation this week from a job he loved. The assistant principal who loaned Currie her copy of "King & King" has also resigned, and outraged parents are pressuring administrators at the Orange County Schools to ban the book.

"When I read the story, the reaction of parents didn't come into my mind," Currie, 25, said Tuesday. "In that moment, it just seemed natural to me to read the book and have a conversation about treating people with respect. My focus then was on the child, and helping the child."

Currie knows firsthand what it is like to be bullied. Growing up gay and black in a small town in the eastern part of the state, his memories of middle school are of being a frequent target for teasing and slurs.

As a student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Currie entered a teaching fellows program with the intent of helping young people. He was first introduced to "King & King" during an education course that included strategies for introducing topics involving diversity in the classroom.

After graduation, Currie became a teacher at nearby Efland-Cheeks Elementary School. Though only about 15 miles west of Chapel Hill, a college town considered among the most liberal enclaves in the state, Efland is a socially conservative community of about 750 people where churches line the highway through town.

Within hours after reading the book to his students, Currie said he got a call from the school's principal requesting a meeting in her office for the following morning. The parents of three children soon filed written complaints to a school review committee, which twice upheld the use of the book after heated public meetings. But the school's principal also issued a new directive that teachers must submit an advance list of all books they intend to read with students to their parents.

"King & King" has been a subject of controversy before. In 2006, the parents of a Massachusetts second-grader sued after the book was read in their child's class. A federal judge later ruled against them, saying the rights of parents to exercise their religious and moral beliefs are not violated when children are exposed to differing ideas in public school.

In his two years at Efland elementary, Currie said his sexual orientation had never been an issue. His co-workers, and some parents, knew he lives with his male partner.

But at the committee meetings to discuss Currie's use of the book, some parents whose children were not in his class made their attacks personal, telling him he would die young and spend eternity in hell. He also began receiving hate-filled letters and emails, including one copied to other teachers at the school, described homosexuality as a "birth defect" while accusing Currie of trying to "indoctrinate" children through "psycho-emotional rape."

Perhaps the BOY needs to grow a set of balls.... Most of us were bullied at one time or another in grade school, and if you didn't take care of it yourself, it continued!

Maybe homophobes like yourself need to grow a set of balls.
Well we know a Tranny, such as yourself, had them cut off years ago!

I wouldn't know- I don't have the indepth and personal experience with Trannies that you have had.

Now you deny you have no balls! Tranny!

Now you are telling us you like to lick balls!

If any child of mine had a teacher do that they'd see me at their home, with a shotgun; so we could have a discussion about what's appropriate in a classroom. Especially in THIRD GRADE.

And you would be another parent, who has chosen to abandon his child, and spend his childhood in prison.

You left out n*gger too.

That sounds racist...

Kids throw out the words fag and homo without knowing what it means (probably learn it from parents)...perhaps a teacher wants to educate them on what they are saying. But I can understand that in some circles, education is a bad thing.

That sounds racist...

Which he had no right to do and I suspect he read the homo fairy tale because he's a homo himself.
A simple lesson stating that bullying for any reason would have gotten the point across.

And liberals say being a homo isnt a mental illness.
I don't know what it is and I'm not going to judge others' sexual preference. But keep the kids out of it.
For many homos, kids are a sexual preference.

For many homophobic bigots, kids are just a tool they use to attack homosexuals.

And homos using their position to spread acceptance among children should have the shit beat out of them.

That sounds racist...

They might not get it.

I don't know what it is and I'm not going to judge others' sexual preference. But keep the kids out of it.

For many homophobic bigots, kids are just a tool they use to attack homosexuals.

And homos using their position to spread acceptance among children should have the shit beat out of them.
Yes....the violence inherent in RWrs.

That sounds racist...

Kids throw out the words fag and homo without knowing what it means (probably learn it from parents)...perhaps a teacher wants to educate them on what they are saying. But I can understand that in some circles, education is a bad thing.

Bullshit. The kid they were accused of bullying was effeminate.

If all states denied rights to gays except for one, maybe they would all move there to live.

No- that is just the BS Vigilante posted.

If you open the article he cited- and then go to that article and find the article they cited- you get to the facts.

Once again:

Gay Teacher Promotes Homosexuality to Little 3rd Graders Says He Didn t Care What Parents Thought US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

RALEIGH, N.C. – After a third-grader tearfully recounted how another boy had called him "gay" during gym class, teacher Omar Currie chose to raise the issue during story time by reading his students a fable about a prince who falls in love with another prince, ending with a happily-ever-after royal wedding.

That decision in April ignited a public outcry from some parents in the rural hamlet of Efland, North Carolina, resulting in Currie's resignation this week from a job he loved. The assistant principal who loaned Currie her copy of "King & King" has also resigned, and outraged parents are pressuring administrators at the Orange County Schools to ban the book.

"When I read the story, the reaction of parents didn't come into my mind," Currie, 25, said Tuesday. "In that moment, it just seemed natural to me to read the book and have a conversation about treating people with respect. My focus then was on the child, and helping the child."

Currie knows firsthand what it is like to be bullied. Growing up gay and black in a small town in the eastern part of the state, his memories of middle school are of being a frequent target for teasing and slurs.

As a student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Currie entered a teaching fellows program with the intent of helping young people. He was first introduced to "King & King" during an education course that included strategies for introducing topics involving diversity in the classroom.

After graduation, Currie became a teacher at nearby Efland-Cheeks Elementary School. Though only about 15 miles west of Chapel Hill, a college town considered among the most liberal enclaves in the state, Efland is a socially conservative community of about 750 people where churches line the highway through town.

Within hours after reading the book to his students, Currie said he got a call from the school's principal requesting a meeting in her office for the following morning. The parents of three children soon filed written complaints to a school review committee, which twice upheld the use of the book after heated public meetings. But the school's principal also issued a new directive that teachers must submit an advance list of all books they intend to read with students to their parents.

"King & King" has been a subject of controversy before. In 2006, the parents of a Massachusetts second-grader sued after the book was read in their child's class. A federal judge later ruled against them, saying the rights of parents to exercise their religious and moral beliefs are not violated when children are exposed to differing ideas in public school.

In his two years at Efland elementary, Currie said his sexual orientation had never been an issue. His co-workers, and some parents, knew he lives with his male partner.

But at the committee meetings to discuss Currie's use of the book, some parents whose children were not in his class made their attacks personal, telling him he would die young and spend eternity in hell. He also began receiving hate-filled letters and emails, including one copied to other teachers at the school, described homosexuality as a "birth defect" while accusing Currie of trying to "indoctrinate" children through "psycho-emotional rape."

Yes....the violence inherent in RWrs.

Dont try and spread your filth to children and you wont have to worry about it.

So Vigilante lied and spun the story.

Nothing new. He is a far right spin liar for a discredited cause.

No- that is just the BS Vigilante posted.

If you open the article he cited- and then go to that article and find the article they cited- you get to the facts.

Once again:

So the homo teacher just decided to teach third graders about homos just because he's one himself?
Thats even worse.

Forum List

Back