🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gaza v Israel: Head Count

Marx and his ism may be dead, but capitalism still contains the (private) seeds of its own destruction:

"Regulators are worried about the explosive growth of shadow banking, and they should be. Shadow banks were at the heart of the last financial crisis and they’ll be at the heart of the next financial crisis as well.

"There’s no doubt about it.

"It’s simply impossible to maintain a system where unregulated, non-bank financial institutions are able to create their own money (credit) without oversight or supervision."

Shadow Banking » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The rich in all nations can't stop stealing for the same reason sharks can't stop swimming:
They will die, and they know it.

"It’s simply impossible to maintain a system where unregulated, non-bank financial institutions are able to create their own money (credit) without oversight or supervision."

Which institutions are creating money (credit) and why do you feel they're unregulated?

Let's have some names.
Are you SHOCKED that rich parasites are unethical cretins?

"The money they create–via off-balance sheets operations, securitization, repo or other unmonitored mega-leveraging activities–feeds into the economy, creates artificial demand, lowers unemployment, and fuels growth.

"But when the cycle slams into reverse (and debts are no longer serviced on time), then thinly-capitalised shadow banks begin to default one-by-one, creating a daisy-chain of counterparty bankruptcies that push stocks into a nosedive while the economy slips into a long-term slump."

You have a big chip on your shoulders georgephillip... did you know that?

I feel sorry for you!

You're daft, George.
Repent Hossie, eternal napalm is near.
Don't forget to drink lots of Agent Orange.
The US soldiers suffered a hell of a lot more than the Vietnamese. I never saw any of that death and carnage you think happened. And Saturday I will spend the day with about 30 other guys who drank the Agent Orange while yellow cowards like you smoked pot, never took a bath and bad-mouthed the country.
How many US soldiers watched their entire family murdered by foreign invaders?
How many had their hometowns carpet bombed?
Millions of Vietnamese were maimed, murdered, and displaced by slaves like you:
"Heroes" who wanted to test their courage without worrying about how many innocent human beings would have to die for their John Wayne fantasies.

The US soldiers suffered a hell of a lot more than the Vietnamese. I never saw any of that death and carnage you think happened. And Saturday I will spend the day with about 30 other guys who drank the Agent Orange while yellow cowards like you smoked pot, never took a bath and bad-mouthed the country.
"Heroes" who wanted to test their courage without worrying about how many innocent human beings would have to die for their John Wayne fantasies.
I spent 2 years tramping thru the jungle while you and your nestmates painted each other yellow.

SKYE:

I would suggest saving your compassion for those who need it:

"The FSB found that assets held by shadow banks have swollen to $67 trillion, a sum that’s nearly as large as global GDP ($69.97 trillion) and greater than the $62 trillion that was in the system prior to the Crash of ’08. The more shadow banking grows, the greater the probability of another financial crisis.

So what is shadow banking and how does it work?

"Here’s how Investopedia defines the term:

“'The financial intermediaries involved in facilitating the creation of credit across the global financial system, but whose members are not subject to regulatory oversight. The shadow banking system also refers to unregulated activities by regulated institutions.

"'Examples of intermediaries not subject to regulation include hedge funds, unlisted derivatives and other unlisted instruments. Examples of unregulated activities by regulated institutions include credit default swaps.'"

Last edited:
I spent 2 years tramping thru the jungle while you and your nestmates painted each other yellow.
Do you regret those two years?

I spent over twenty years tramping thru terrain all over the world looking for your heroes. Found 'em too. And I'm here to write about it. They ain't.

I spent over twenty years tramping thru terrain all over the world looking for your heroes. Found 'em too. And I'm here to write about it. They ain't.
And another thing about Viet Nam, George. We had respect for the NVA and even the Viet Cong. Because they fought us in the fields, mountains and jungle. Like men. Not like your cowardly Hide-Behind-Women-and Kids warriors.

Marx and his ism may be dead, but capitalism still contains the (private) seeds of its own destruction:

"Regulators are worried about the explosive growth of shadow banking, and they should be. Shadow banks were at the heart of the last financial crisis and they’ll be at the heart of the next financial crisis as well.

"There’s no doubt about it.

The rich in all nations can't stop stealing for the same reason sharks can't stop swimming:
They will die, and they know it.

Which institutions are creating money (credit) and why do you feel they're unregulated?

Let's have some names.
Are you SHOCKED that rich parasites are unethical cretins?

"The money they create–via off-balance sheets operations, securitization, repo or other unmonitored mega-leveraging activities–feeds into the economy, creates artificial demand, lowers unemployment, and fuels growth.

"But when the cycle slams into reverse (and debts are no longer serviced on time), then thinly-capitalised shadow banks begin to default one-by-one, creating a daisy-chain of counterparty bankruptcies that push stocks into a nosedive while the economy slips into a long-term slump."

Thanks for the link. Now try to answer the questions.

Let's have some names.

Whose fields were you "fighting" in?
Yours or theirs?
What threat did they pose to your hometown?

Not the call a soldier makes, Princess, and you don't know what the world would be without American military involvement. Obviously you don't much like us. Perhaps living in another place would be less offensive to you and less hypocritical of you. Think about it. :D

Yours or theirs?

georgephillip,

And today, in Palestine, it is in the killing fields of Gaza where most of the dying occurs, dying of the innoecents, women and children, and the killer is the Occupier of Palestine, Israel, and the victims are Palestinians.

And the one providing most of those weapons for Israel to kill those innocents with is the United States!

And what threat do the Palestinians pose to America? None.

Yet, we keep sending our weapons to Israel for Israel to use to kill civilians and children in Palestine!

This is unconscienable, this is indefensible, this is something that, all of us who see it, should never stop speaking against it, as long as it continues!

Sherri

Yours or theirs?

georgephillip,

And today, in Palestine, it is in the killing fields of Gaza where most of the dying occurs, dying of the innoecents, women and children, and the killer is the Occupier of Palestine, Israel, and the victims are Palestinians.

And the one providing most of those weapons for Israel to kill those innocents with is the United States!

Yet, we keep sending our weapons to Israel for Israel to use to kill civilians and children in Palestine!

This is unconscienable, this is indefensible, this is something that, all of us who see it, should never stop speaking against it, as long as it continues!

Sherri
So many of those weapons going to Israel are paid for by US tax dollars in one form or another.
It's all part of the War Racket that Smedley Butler warned about in the 1930s.
I don't believe the madness can be changed until millions of US voters stop "choosing" between Democrat OR Republican in the voting booth.
War can be taxed into extinction, but it might take the richest 1% of humanity with it.
Good riddance, IMHO.

Yours or theirs?

georgephillip,

Sherri
So many of those weapons going to Israel are paid for by US tax dollars in one form or another.
It's all part of the War Racket that Smedley Butler warned about in the 1930s.
I don't believe the madness can be changed until millions of US voters stop "choosing" between Democrat OR Republican in the voting booth.
War can be taxed into extinction, but it might take the richest 1% of humanity with it.
Good riddance, IMHO.

you are a genuine IDIOT.

Enough said.

Are you rich or genuinely clueless?

"The World War, rather our brief participation in it, has cost the United States some $52,000,000,000. Figure it out. That means $400 to every American man, woman, and child. And we haven't paid the debt yet. We are paying it, our children will pay it, and our children's children probably still will be paying the cost of that war.

"The normal profits of a business concern in the United States are six, eight, ten, and sometimes twelve percent. But war-time profits – ah! that is another matter – twenty, sixty, one hundred, three hundred, and even eighteen hundred per cent – the sky is the limit. All that traffic will bear. Uncle Sam has the money. Let's get it.

Of course, it isn't put that crudely in war time. It is dressed into speeches about patriotism, love of country, and 'we must all put our shoulders to the wheel,' but the profits jump and leap and skyrocket – and are safely pocketed. Let's just take a few examples:

Take our friends the du Ponts, the powder people – didn't one of them testify before a Senate committee recently that their powder won the war? Or saved the world for democracy? Or something?

"How did they do in the war?

"They were a patriotic corporation.

"Well, the average earnings of the du Ponts for the period 1910 to 1914 were $6,000,000 a year. It wasn't much, but the du Ponts managed to get along on it. Now let's look at their average yearly profit during the war years, 1914 to 1918.

"Fifty-eight million dollars a year profit we find! Nearly ten times that of normal times, and the profits of normal times were pretty good. An increase in profits of more than 950 per cent."

WAR IS A RACKET .com - THREE TITLES [3] for the PRICE OF ONE.

War is always stupid and tragic. But that does not mean it can always be avoided. Gen. Butler was accurate in describing most of the wars *he* fought in - including the war on alcohol during the '20's, which basically *created* the national organized crime syndicates.

He also served in a military which was racially segregated and in which blacks were not allowed in combat positions, one in which it tended to be assumed that officers were 'gentlemen' - and enlisted ranks were not.

But his ideas don't really apply to wars like the American Civil War and to WW2 - both of which were inevitable.

Butler has pointed out something that is indeed worth considering - but it isn't some kind of 'Universal Truth', just one factor in far too many cases. What is true is that war doesn't really solve anything - diplomacy is still required for peace - but war does buy a nation some time to make proposals which could resolve the conflict.

Forum List

Back